• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How many times have you Reset in animal crossing?

Dude you should do this in poll format and to answer never and never

I have surprisingly never have reset in an animal crossing game, I mean I guess the older ones I have not played tons of and felt the need but I mean in the older games mainly wild world and gamecube there isn't much need to reset imo. But I guess I do not know everything about those games so I could be wrong in the fact there could be cool stuff I am missing out on in my islands :/

Never, and I never will, my town is mine and I'll see it through to the end.
To me a village feels like it's unique to the person, and restarting it would be blashemy lol.
People who do also seem to never like the game again, they'll start over play again until they find out they don't like something, even months or years later, and they'll restart again, and again, and again, and they never get to enjoy it, they never get to feel the fullfilment of working around a problem because they've opened the option to just nuke it, and start over with their OCD.

As far as resets go, I did it in NL when a villager wanted to move out, and I failed to convince them to stay.

The only time I have ever restarted was in New Leaf when I purposely made a second town to time travel for weeds. I went into it knowing that after I completed my weeding badge in my main town, I would reset the second town and start building it up properly. And that's exactly what I did.

I have reset in New Leaf a few times to get the specific Weeding Day furniture or Bug Tournament furniture that I wanted. I also reset once or twice to correct a mistake, such as digging up the wrong thing, and I did some plot resetting. I try to keep the resetting to a minimum, though, so most of the time if I make a mistake I will just go on about my business and fix it. It's not like I can't replace a bush or flower pretty easily.

Never, I'd feel kinda bad.. Like I'm throwing a timeline away or something LMAO
it's really not that deep but I did kinda want to reset horizons bc of my starting villagers but then I was like nah it's fine

Never, I'd feel kinda bad.. Like I'm throwing a timeline away or something LMAO
it's really not that deep but I did kinda want to reset horizons bc of my starting villagers but then I was like nah it's fine
Oh but if you mean soft reset then a couple of times max maybe 😅

I think I reset one time in the original AC on gamecube, and after meeting resetti for the first time... he was kind of annoying. Never reset after that :) ...at least on purpose.

Never reset my data... I've considered it more times than I can count, but it honestly terrifies me to know that all my things and all my villagers and all the work I've put into it could be lost.

Now Resetti... I love him and I reset just so I can get his dialogue heheh

I did reset my NL town once, selling it to Tom Nook because I stopped playing for a while and the town was kind of "wasted". In WW I never reset my town, but I met Resetti a bunch of times. I found that character quite hilarious, he was the cranky character who hates everyone and had a monstrous amount of salty rage. 😂

I think on WW like three times. Younger me got bored fast. On New Leaf once. I sold my previous town as I went into the game blind and I really did not like my layout of my town

Back