• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you know anyone who plays Animal Crossing IRL?

Do you know anyone who plays Animal Crossing IRL?

• Yes

Votes: 55 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters

Jacob

· · · · · • ◦ ☆ ◦ • · · · · ·
Bells
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Skull Glow Wand
Planet Glow Wand
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Snowflake Glow Wand
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
Flower Glow Wand
For the longest time before New Horizons, I knew NOBODY who played animal crossing. I eventually convinced my sister to get it, so we've been able to play together, so I'm wondering if anyone here had a similar experience! Especially with the older games like Wild World, City Folk or New Leaf.

My friend showed me animal crossing when we were kids so I've always had someone irl to play with. A bunch of my friends got new horizons when it first came out but not many people play anymore.

Yes, my boyfriend!! He’s played Wild World, New Leaf and New Horizons— all of the same games I’ve played except for Pocket Camp! We never played Wild World or New Leaf together since we didn’t know each other then, but we’ve played New Horizons together! We actually played it together just last night!

we were twinning with the gyroids lowkey,,,, gyroids having a lil dinner date while we were having a little AC date!!
IMG_6204.jpeg

him standing ominously behind Punchy and I with his axe 😭
IMG_6205.jpeg

us about to smooch in Raymond’s house….
IMG_6206.jpeg

we snooze
IMG_6207.jpeg

bonus pics of us hanging out together for his birthday!!
IMG_3759.jpeg

IMG_3761.jpeg
IMG_6203.jpeg

My cousin is the one who got me into Animal Crossing. Whenever there was a family event, she would be on her D.S. playing Wild World, and eventually I got curious and got the game myself. Then I introduced it to my sister and we would play together. However neither my cousin or sister play the game anymore, and I don't know anyone else irl who does.

quite a few of my friends from college play ac! and some of the users here are also my irl friends so they count too, right? 🥺

While I don't know anybody who actively plays Animal Crossing IRL, my sister did play the original Animal Crossing and I think a bit of Wild World as well! She also played New Horizons a bit as well when it was released! While she doesn't really play video games these days, she was the one who wanted Animal Crossing, so she's basically responsible for getting me into the series, lol.

I'm in the same boat, I never knew anyone who played Animal Crossing before New Horizons came out. I know a lot of people IRL who just played New Horizons though.

I was introduced to the series by my then best friend during my childhood, but they moved to a different state and we lost contact over the years; I often feel tempted to reach out and rebuild the connection though. Everyone else that I know who have played Animal Crossing games are people that I got into the series, so I've yet to meet someone who wasn't already playing it prior. Those friends gradually fell off of the games, whereas I've stuck with the games, though I reckon that these friends would get new entries in the future.

I've never seen anybody outside of my family play this, which is fine, I think. I've had plenty of family who I know play it, but ironically it completely ends there.

A lot actually, which I'm grateful for! My primary school friend who I think might have introduced me still plays, my partner, and a couple other friends. I got my little sister into it as kids as well.

My sister, a friend of mine and my mum used to play it. They are all not so involved like me tho

This is a game all three of us kids, as well as my mother, actually play. In fact, we helped out each other to get the town exclusive fruits.

However, nobody in our family has more knowledge on Animal Crossing than I do.

Nope, I'm the only one who plays it.

My mom doesn't play the game, but she's familiar with the series, and I can discuss about it with her. My dad, on the other hand, knows just about nothing about this game, other than he knows I play it.

Other than that, nobody else in my family has played, or even heard, about the games.

My partner also grew up playing it. We played together for a long time after release. I have a few friends who played NH for a while during the lockdown era but I don’t think I know anyone else who is a longtime fan.

I don't just known one person, I know five.
They aren't as into it as I once was, but they take their time.

My fiance dropped out of it long ago, all the others are friends.

I know a colleague who played New Horizons during the lockdown, but otherwise I don't know any friend or family member who plays Animal Crossing.

I introduced Animal Crossing to my cousins as children, so growing up, I always had someone to talk Animal Crossing with, thankfully. 😁 I remember in primary school, in summer school to be exact, 😈 I had learned one of the class bullies actually played Wild World. 😳 I felt conflicted... no way... this guy? This guy should be running over grandmas in Grand Theft Auto, what business does he have playing Animal Crossing??? 😂

I only had 1-2 friends who played animal crossing early on. a bunch more started during new horizons, but quickly dropped off

my brother initially was the one who played ac and he is who introduced me to the series but he soon stopped playing (all he'd do was log on to play the NES games..)

when new horizons came out one irl friend and my sister started playing, my friend dropped it pretty soon after but my sister got seriously into it (and she was someone who hadn't played a video game since she was a kid) and even has a higher play time than me now

Back