• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How many times have you Reset in animal crossing?

I never reset my game data, but when I play NL on an alt account, I tend to reset and deal with Resetti multiple times.

In WW: can't remember, it's so long ago but I sure did reset that game more than one
In NL: not that I can remember
In NH: never. I put so much work into this island that even if the river mouths are not perfect and the town hall close to the airport I could never muster up the motivation to start from scratch after being 300 hours in.

As for leaving the game without saving: I did that sooo many times in all the games :) less in NH, but in WW and NL it happened all the time.

Last edited:
As for wiping your save file and starting over:
In NL, never, I was suck a noob that it didn't even cross my mind xD (exemple, when choosing a map I didn't actually choose between the options I got, because I thought I was supposed to point at somewhere in the map like it was way bigger than what it actually is and I would arrive in the middle of it)
In NH, only multiple times at the very beginning, because I really wanted to try to get apples and Cherry (the villager). I was suuuper lucky and actually got both in less than ten tries! So now I'm never resetting again :>

As for (accidentally or purposefully) quitting without saving:
In NL? YES, both, a lot of times :'D I don't remember the specifics because it was so long ago, but I had built the Reset Surveillance Center to keep Resetti's job (I was so happy when I discovered you could go inside!! I was always hoping it would be open so I could continue the little story there :D)
In NH, I don't think so yet, or at least I don't remember doing it so if I did, it may have been just a tiny bit?

I played to play and enjoy the game before (wasn’t concerned about getting specific villagers or layouts). I never reset my Animal Crossing, Wild World, or City Folk games.

I restarted New Leaf three times though as it was the first time I looked at what others were doing. Some design choices warranted a reset. 😅 It also helped revitalize the game for me by resetting with the Welcome Amiibo update.

I've never reset in Animal Crossing except closing the Animal crossing gamecube game when I would forget to save and then I would be scared that resseti would come and give me a stern talking because I thought I did something bad. But I just can't get into resetting, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game if I just kept looking at the small things that kept bugging me :c just got to make do with what you have and get creative or get suggestions from others!

Back