• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you know anyone who plays Animal Crossing IRL?

Do you know anyone who plays Animal Crossing IRL?

• Yes

Votes: 55 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
My boyfriend has it and he’s played my copy before he got it. He mostly goes fishing!

I also have a friend who plays (or played) and I need to talk to her again. She didn’t want Mira so I adopted her from her ^^

I have few friends that did, but don’t actively play anymore. I also ran into a few players while in college many years back as well.

Technically yes, but they're either extremely casual or have quit already/are waiting for the next game.

Quite a few of my friends do, but most importantly my best friend does and we have been through the entire ACNH cycle together (hype, discovery, deep disappointment). We have spent so many hours on each other's islands to try and make the game a bit more fun than what it actually ended up being. We also did spend a lot of time on ACNL together, trying to end up on the same tropical island. I gotta say ACNH has a very good trolling potential. The amount of trash I have hidden behind my friends cliffs is astounding.

IRL? Very rarely, my sibling played it but that's about it. Not too many other friends until NH came out.

Yep, my brother actually introduced me to the game for the first time during quarantine, & I have been enjoying Animal Crossing & playing it since.

Before ACNH, no, maybe only my little brother but he didn't play too much.
After ACNH, yes, almost everyone I know who has a switch has played animal crossing. And I know some friends through friends who play as much or even more as me :)

Back in the ds days i had one other friend who would play my game card as you could have 4 in a house, until she got her own card for christmas, but since then which was about 2007 its mainly been im the only prrson i know who plays the titles irl.

Hence why i love TBT as so many people here adore AC as much as i do❤️

BONK🔨

Yep! One of my friends got a switch recently, and she originally started out playing Tears of the Kingdom, but then I told her to get ACNH, and she finally did. She's enjoying it so far, and it's funny to see someone who's never played AC before trying to figure out the basics.

yep i have 1-2 friends who played IRL but they were never as dedicated as i was lol 😅 one of them even gave me her copy which i ended up using as my storage/trading town

My cousin brother had it so I followed suit and then bought it for me and my daughter 🥰

Well, there's my mom. She's what I believe you'd call an "OG", and I think she played ACPG during the first few years of its existence. I think we still have the disc too.
Also, my uncle has been playing since at least the ACNL era. Knowing him, he's probably played at least a few of the preceding titles.
Also also, an acquaintance of my mom's (who else) played NH at least around 2021-ish. I don't really know her as well as the previous two, but it counts I guess.

My cousin has New Horizons and I don't think she has played in a while. I didn't see a lot of her island but I remember it seemed like a lot of effort was put into it. Maybe when her Switch is available I can check it out again. Maybe I can share a few photos here, but I need to get permission from her first.

So many folk. From the very beginning on the gamecube, my roommate, his younger brothers and I played together in a town. It was the game that got my mom into video games and it was also the very first video game my dad ever played, so much so that they would stay up late together catching fish and predicting what it might be. All the bells from fishing would go to the kids they babysat who were villagers in their town.

From there, my girlfriend-now-wife played Wild World with me and our playing got her college roommates into the game.

In city folk and new leaf, my wife and sister-in-law played together very regularly together and now with new horizons, my wife and two daughters play with me. I just recently got my oldest into the original and we have a town together.

Almost no one. Of course no one at school does (besides this one senior from last year). My little brother plays it, and my older sister actually introduced me to it… but I think that’s about it

Before New Horizons I knew less, but still quite a few! Me being a fan got my younger brother and cousin interested enough to pick up copies of New Leaf a few years after release, with my stepsister also happening to have a copy, so I've got lots of fond memories of playing with family. When I first met my partner in 2019 they also were a big fan with a copy of New Leaf, so we hung out there lots until New Horizons finaly came out. Everybody I knew moved there for the most part (except my cousin, she never got a Switch in the end), and now when we play together it's mostly on there. My brother is an outlier though, we actually share a village on the Gamecube after he bought a copy, so we're playing that together too! It would be great to someday meet someone else with a copy so I could memory card travel too.

It's been a few years since the 2020 hype, so a few people I knew who were more casual dropped off, but both my brother and my partner are still active fans in general, and one of my friends has recently started New Horizons and seems to be enjoying it! (And if we count aquaintances, I've got a classmate at uni with a really cool bell bag themed tattoo, I'd say she's definetly a fan too!)

Back