How do you plan your layout?

Enz

Bells
Do you plan it on paper? Use a website?

on another note, I want to build a massive park with a tonne of attractions and neighborhoods

I actually plan on the go. So far I've made a small camping site with an archaeology campground on the mid-level ground. I've made a nice farmer's/flea market on the low level. I'm trying to build a playground near my shopping district and also a cemetery :)

All my houses and facilities will be on the starting area of the Island. I plan on moving all the house to the cliff
area when I get all 10 villagers.

I won't have any amusement or anything until I am rich cause my island is literally fill with fruit trees and
flowers.

I just go with flow and put things on the ground for measurement.

Ideas just come to me. Usually when I’m at work and bored af.

Two ideas for my island came to me today out of the blue and I’m so excited to make it into a reality.

I go with the flow. When I unlock something cool, I build it, and then put it wherever there's room/it makes sense :p

In my head, which may prove problematic, but it will eventually get there. I'm not in any rush to get it finished. It took me 4 years to get my NL town the way I wanted it, and that was already established. I see Deilf Isle being a rather long term project.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen those towns that don't have a common theme, or seems boring (not eye-catching enough)? Yeah, that's me! I usually decorate or start projects on the go. My theme is all over the place, haha! It's cute/fairy-tale/natural/zen... A big MESS! My island is plain too because I am a minimalist. However, I always try my best to place my villagers' homes evenly, side-by-side together. That's one thing I am proud of. xD

Last edited:
I used happy island designer prior to release day! Unfortunately many of my ideas except one area was doable. It would have taken me a long time resetting for the correct island map to make it exactly as what I designed and I was too impatient to finally play. Nonetheless, I am quite happy with what I am able to come up. My island is still in the process but I think its getting there. The nook mileage program is just a little distracting some times ;-;

Back