• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you use the graveyard items?

Yes! At release, I kind of wanted my island to be a mix between ruins and haunted forests with a town in the middle, so I built a cemetery. I’ve considered making it smaller, but im still pretty happy with it overall!

Yes, I have a gravestone as a memorial in the back part of my island. I also have some crafted to use as decoration around Halloween time!

I actually added a grave yard because of a TBT event and then it became a mainstay on my island. Previously it was a fruit orchard, but now it contains the cemetery and Laszlo's house.

Yes, I have a cemetery in the ruins section on my island. I prefer the mossy customisation for all of them since the theme for the cemetery is that they are part of the ruins.

I don’t usually use them . I did make a small graveyard as part of the tbt event. Once Halloween was over I took it down. I thought about making another one but it doesn’t really fit with my islands.

Not exactly on my island, but rather as part of Raddle's vacation home, which is a Mad Scientist's Lair, a base request of what Raddle asked for.

I had a cemetery in the back left corner on the cliffs of my island. I took it down as I have been redesigning the whole thing again.

I do want to make it again somewhere maybe behind my castle??

I have a graveyard set up on my island. It was initially a lot larger, but I ended up making it smaller so I could fit other things.

No, I remember wanting to make one for Tortimer though before he was added😂

Would any of you care to share your graveyards in images?

I have been building up items forever now to eventually design an old west theme part of my island, and I planned to have a graveyard. It seems appropriate since my knowledge of the old west is from movies, and there always seems to be a fenced off area with gravestones.

I would like some ideas on how to design a graveyard, and not Halloween (although that would be awesome too when the holiday comes back around!)

I do! I have the western style stones and other stone items in the mossy color option. I tried to make it look like a peaceful, old graveyard, not a spooky one. Although Wisp almost always spawns there...

I have a graveyard area that I redesign every so often for our Halloween events!

Other than that, I typically don’t rly use the graveyard items or any spooky items in general

I had graveyards for halloween, but other than that, no permanent graveyard. I find graveyards a bit...creepy? I like animal crossing to be my happy escape from reality. Nobody croaks in animal crossing, especially on my island. It's all 🌞 and 🌈.

I've tried using some of the graveyard type stuff in the past, but I could never get it right. Eventually I was like, wth, why am I trying to get a graveyard right? I don't really want a graveyard. Ugh. So, no graveyard.

I do use spooky items, glowing moss, that kind of stuff. Esp with giant vines. I guess I like eerie, but not creepy?

I have one of the Japanese gravestones, but I put a goofy-looking gyroid in front of it— to lighten the mood and/or as a fake memorial.

Also, it seems borderline threatening when a villagers mails me a gravestone as a gift….😂

I have one of the Japanese gravestones, but I put a goofy-looking gyroid in front of it— to lighten the mood and/or as a fake memorial.

Also, it seems borderline threatening when a villagers mails me a gravestone as a gift….😂
😂 which came first, the gyroid in front of the grave, or the gravestone in the mail?

Back