• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Shamrock Day

azurill

Bells
Switch
3803-0865-4697
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
BBFD2BA2-2E6D-4071-B300-7EFEF3F76B55.jpeg

As much fun as I have had with New Horizons playing New Leaf again made me realize again how much fun holidays are in New leaf . I would have loved for Leif to have a shamrock day event . It could have brought back clovers. You could look for clovers and when you found a four leaf clover give in to Leif for shamrock themed furniture.

I plan giving all my villagers a shamrock soda tomorrow.

What holidays do you wish New Horizons paid more attention to instead of just items in Nook shopping.

Another holiday would have been having Serena hold Valentine’s Day and they could have brought back the Sweet series.

Your Leif and Serena events are such good ideas! When I look at New Horizons it honestly does feel like a game put together by a whole new team, rather something produced by veterans who worked on the previous games in the series. NPCs, holidays, and stuff long considered to be regular staples of the series, just gone. I still love the New Horizons but why did we lose so much?

Anyway, the one I miss most is April Fools day. I loved playing who's who with Blanca and seeing the villagers being tricked. Now we just get whoopie cushions in the app. Fun, but not nearly as much as it used to be.

Your Leif and Serena events are such good ideas! When I look at New Horizons it honestly does feel like a game put together by a whole new team, rather something produced by veterans who worked on the previous games in the series. NPCs, holidays, and stuff long considered to be regular staples of the series, just gone. I still love the New Horizons but why did we lose so much?

Anyway, the one I miss most is April Fools day. I loved playing who's who with Blanca and seeing the villagers being tricked. Now we just get whoopie cushions in the app. Fun, but not nearly as much as it used to be.
Thank you . Yea it really doesn’t feel like the same team worked on both games. New Horizons is a good game but could have been even better. I like to decorate but it’s the events that I miss so much. For me it brought me closer to my villagers have so many things to celebrate together.

April fools day was so much fun and an event they should have brought back .

I still find it sad that they had nature day for the first year and then took it out.

I also miss the holidays in NL. They were a lot of fun, and gave you something to look forward to in the game.
Yea I always looked forward to the NL events.

I think sometimes the problem is too many cooks. The teams are too big and either too afraid of offending someone, or with so many people involved, all the heart gets diluted down into the soulless version we end up with. It's a shame. I hope if the rumours of a New Leaf HD remake are true, that it's not a watered down empty version, like that awful Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons remake recently. That was my favourite DS game and they ruined it. Didn't even get snow in the game because someone wanted to put a climate change message in there, rather than allow us to just relax and enjoy a game.

THIS. I MISS BLANCA SO MUCH!

I didn't have new leaf, but a seasonal thing I really miss from the older games was the winter igloos!

I used to like going into the igloos (so cozy) and trying to win special winter items. I dunno how that would work on a tropical island, but I miss the igloos.

Maybe they could have had it be one of the kapp'n island tours - an arctic island with winter igloos.

I think sometimes the problem is too many cooks. The teams are too big and either too afraid of offending someone, or with so many people involved, all the heart gets diluted down into the soulless version we end up with. It's a shame. I hope if the rumours of a New Leaf HD remake are true, that it's not a watered down empty version, like that awful Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons remake recently. That was my favourite DS game and they ruined it. Didn't even get snow in the game because someone wanted to put a climate change message in there, rather than allow us to just relax and enjoy a game.
Your probably right about them not wanting to offend someone . I hadn’t heard anything about remake of New Leaf but that would be great as long as they only have it some QOL updates.
That’s too bad about not getting snow. Climate change messages and other political things don’t need to be in a game.

I didn't have new leaf, but a seasonal thing I really miss from the older games was the winter igloos!

I used to like going into the igloos (so cozy) and trying to win special winter items. I dunno how that would work on a tropical island, but I miss the igloos.

Maybe they could have had it be one of the kapp'n island tours - an arctic island with winter igloos.
I do really miss those igloos . They were so cute . I think it still could have worked just because we do get snow . I would have loved an igloo theme to change our houses to.

Back