• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Pokémon How do you feel about ORAS?

I had those original gen III but sold them and most of my gaming collection a few years ago so I could get a pretty rare vinyl record.

Loving WT so far, got a french Dratini and some Persian <3 (Dragonite and Persian being two of my fav 'mons)

Cool, I collect mint vinyl LP's myself so understand :).

Persian is great, I've always loved cat and rodent Pokemon, and Jigglypuff. My current favourites also include my Glalitite :).

Cool, and yeah that record is one of my favorites with my favorite band (pretty much) as well so no regrets :D

Yeah, hoping to get an Umbreon soon, I HATE HAPPINESS NIGHT EVOLVING. Ttly.

Cool, and yeah that record is one of my favorites with my favorite band (pretty much) as well so no regrets :D

Yeah, hoping to get an Umbreon soon, I HATE HAPPINESS NIGHT EVOLVING. Ttly.

Oh good luck hope you do get it soon :).

Gotcha, would sure like a shiny though but those GTS trolls. I kinda wish you shouldn't be able to get legendaries there.

Got my first Shiny off Wonder trade at least; a Sableye named Comrade.. rofl

I'm really not feeling generation 6 at all. Something just doesn't feel right. I think some of the artists have left or something, which might explain why this generation looks really weird compared to the previous generations.

I loved it. I mean, Sapphire was my first video game EVER, so I'm sort of biased. But I think it's one of the best games they've made. Especially the aftergame. GOD DAMN, THAT AFTERGAME.

Way better than X and Y at least.

I loved it. I mean, Sapphire was my first video game EVER, so I'm sort of biased. But I think it's one of the best games they've made. Especially the aftergame. GOD DAMN, THAT AFTERGAME.

Way better than X and Y at least.

The aftergame was pretty boring, imo.
The walk to the top of the tower was basically that girl explaining a bunch of stuff

Last edited:
I'm playing OR right now and I think it's way too easy. My pokemon level up at a ridiculous pace and without trying I am always at least 10 levels up from the gym leaders. I always enjoy pokemon and I will be the first to admit that I hate grinding (ahem Black and White), but without a bit of challenge it's sort of boring. And the complete lack of pokemon diversity! There are like, 10 pokemon and that's it :p I am exaggerating yes, but that's what it feels like! Complaining aside, the graphics are really great and I like the return of the contests :>

I know what you mean about being way ahead of Gym Leaders. had to restrain on battles because I mostly used traded pokemon..rip me.

Loved some of the new additions to the storyline, but not including the Battle Frontier really made the Post-game boring.

Loved some of the new additions to the storyline, but not including the Battle Frontier really made the Post-game boring.

I never used it, mostly because I was never into IV breeding and the stats but I see where you come from though. I liked that your Brendan/May character was more involved, and the upgraded Magma/Aqua storyline. However I don't remember E4 being that nasty.

I was never into that either, but was able to get a few of the Silver Symbols. I was just hoping for a second chance at it now that I'm older and more experienced.

I miss the trainer customization, but since I didn't play the originals, I had no expectations of anything else. I'm glad ORAS is longer than X/Y, though. X/Y had some neat things, but it felt very short.

oras is a joke. im in the process of forcing myself to get through the delta episode so i can start breeding pokemon. i hadnt even beaten the elite four until last week. it doesnt have anything that really compells me to play it.
its not even because its a remake. i played through hgss like 5 times. maybe the R/S/E story isnt interesting enough??

Well, yeah Aqua/Magma pretty had the least entertaining (and Plasma, blech) storylines for me so I kinda agreee but yeah I did not mind the Delta episode, it was fun. Although you pretty much had to catch Deoxys with your Master ball. lol

I was really hoping for a return of the battle frontier, so I feel like that was the biggest disappointment for me

Its the only pokemon game i have never completed :( I was really disappointed. I missed character customization. I loved online battles where you could see your opponent look different from you! I only completed 3 gyms in ORAS and stopped playing :(

Back