Pokémon How do you feel about ORAS?

I think it added lots of interesting new stuff and it would probably be my favorite pair in the series if it hadn't been so EASY. Even with the exp. share turned off, I was consistently over leveled and the game was a cakewalk. If the rest of the game had been on the same difficulty scale as the E4, I would've loved it even more.

I think it added lots of interesting new stuff and it would probably be my favorite pair in the series if it hadn't been so EASY. Even with the exp. share turned off, I was consistently over leveled and the game was a cakewalk. If the rest of the game had been on the same difficulty scale as the E4, I would've loved it even more.

I'm glad I had that Exp. Share on. Damn, man the grinding is quite painful when you're like level 25 and the other Pokemon are level 10 without it, you hardly get anything.

I wish they'd work on GTS though.

I'm glad I had that Exp. Share on. Damn, man the grinding is quite painful when you're like level 25 and the other Pokemon are level 10 without it, you hardly get anything.

I wish they'd work on GTS though.

I had mine turned off but I never found myself really grinding at all. I didn't really need to, they leveled up pretty much fine just from doing the trainer battles. Even with significantly lower level Pokemon, I just had them first in the party and switched them in at the start and they leveled/caught up really quickly.

I think the only thing in the entire game that game me trouble was Steven's Metagross and that was entirely my own problem since I didn't know it was Psychic so didn't know what Pokemon/attack to use (I didn't have a fire type at all). An error quickly solved when I googled it and used Mawile's Crunch twice to wreck it...

The Elite 4 was a joke in general.
- Wreck the first guy with Mawile's 'Play Rough'
- Wreck the second girl with Mawile's 'Crunch'
- Wreck the third guy with Mawile's 'Steel Head'
- Wreck the fourth guy with Mawile's 'Play Rough'
- Wreck Steven with Mawile in general...Except Claydoll where surf was better.

They've REALLY not thought about the game enough and the changes that 'Fairy type' brought (even without fairy, this elite four is probably the easiest yet). I know they tried to keep the battles the same but they really should have done something about how you can destroy the entire elite four with 1 Pokemon...She wasn't even over leveled.

They are amazing games. They make good remakes. I'm even glad they kept the online stuff from X/Y. I highly recommend it.

I hated the Gen III E4, they were the most annoying lol. Can't say they were easier this time.

The catch rate on some legendaries though smh

To be honest I power through the E4

mumblemumble level100diance+dragonite mumblemumble

I remember doing that with Rayquaza in Emerald though. Teach him Thunderbolt and Ice Beam.. done.

Also the lack of Umbreons people trade is disturbing

If they had remade the Battle Frontier like they were suppose, it would have been so much better.

Now they're going to have to remake it AGAIN to satisfy me.

Never cared about that really to be honest, but I was never into competitive battling anyways until later days..

The amount of Pokemon you can't get in game is kinda annoying though >>

- - - Post Merge - - -

y use umbreon when you can have

MUDKIPZ?
It's been my favorite Pokemon since I got the Silver version back when I was a kiddo.

Never cared about that really to be honest, but I was never into competitive battling anyways until later days..

The amount of Pokemon you can't get in game is kinda annoying though >>

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's been my favorite Pokemon since I got the Silver version back when I was a kiddo.

Fellow Umbreon lover here! *highfive*

Also, I felt ORAS was fantastic, which is saying a lot, considering I thought RSE was godawfully bad. I like HGSS just a little bit more because I love Johto, but ORAS more than met my expectations (which were already really low to begin with). Ironically, I had high hopes for XY, which turned out to be the modern-day RSE; an easy, lifeless game with a confusing story, annoying characters, and the absolute worst Elite Four in the history of the games. Like, my god. Aside from Malva and Drasna, they were all bland and forgettable and had the weakest, most noobest teams that not even a first-timer would be using at that point.

Yay. Well yeah I never played the original RSE multiplayer so yes it was a bit boring to me, plus E4 was so easy with Rayquaza, but still one of the tougher one due to their types :3

Yeah I think XY had potential but it was abusing the graphics and storyline frames for single games. They had some cool Pok?mons though.

How far do you have to get to be able to mega evolve Pokemon? I just got the Maluville gym badge and have several mega stones but no mega ring yet. Also what happened to Battle Frontier? It was one of the main reasons I thought a Hoenn remake would be cool.

I really enjoyed it.

Sapphire was my first Pokemon game and remained my favourite for years, with Pearl following behind.

When I heard these remakes, I was SO THRILLED. I was SO excited! After my excitement wore down and after X/Y's huge let down, I was worried about these remakes. I was worried that they would butcher them and not stay loyal to the originals. That's what remakes are right? REMAKES. In order for it to be a remake, it has to stay loyal to what you are remaking. People complain about them being the exact same as the originals...that's the point. Though, funny enough, they did change some things so I don't know what these people are taking about. XD

The music was upgraded but you could still make out what song it was and it still rang through my heart with nostalgia. I tried really hard to remain open and not let me nostalgia blind me. I had high standards! I really did. Even with those high standards, I was still impressed and was blown away. The story was amazing and still had the Hoenn feel, the characters actually had more development and felt like actual characters and not random NPCs no one card about, the graphics were ace and they even stayed loyal to the funny dialog (chill at my papa's spot!) we all loved.

The one complaint I have is that in the Elite 4's battle music, at that one part, there isn't clapping. It literally throws me off and makes me sink in my seat. Even then though, if I hadn't had known there was clapping to begin with, I still would have liked the song. The song is great even without the clapping, I just prefer it. xD

The didn't have the game corner or Pokeblock maker game anymore but they worked those into the game as "things of the past" and I thought it was a nice touch. Contests are ace as well. I love the music and how they made it more upbeat! <3 After seeing how horrible musicals were in gen 5, I was worried that they were not going to include contests or they were going to make them minor like musicals. They didn't announce contests until the very end and I was so relieved. Contests were a big part of why I liked Sapphire so much.

Also missing those naked grannies in the hotspring, but I can see why that would be a problem in 3D. xD

Overall, I really really love gen 3D. It makes up for my disappointment with X/Y. :)

You can still make some kind of Pokeblocks with that inventory game but yes you don't have the machines, tbh I prefer this because I sucked so much at pinging the red circle thing lol.

Only thing i hate with ORAS is that you pretty much need to buy trade-evolve items and stones with BP or get ___extremely___ lucky

Back