• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how did you choose your names?

Salem because it is a Halloween/Witchy town, Aerin because I've always liked the name Erin for a girl but wanted it to be unique.
Valo means light in Finnish, and my mayor Bray was named after my late grandpa's middle name.

^your gramps had unique middle names...

but ya. Sheila is after.. yeah Sheila is my nick to-go lol and I named my town Jungle.. in honor of an old town o'mine and yeah it has some backstory as well that's a bit long.

^your gramps had unique middle names...

but ya. Sheila is after.. yeah Sheila is my nick to-go lol and I named my town Jungle.. in honor of an old town o'mine and yeah it has some backstory as well that's a bit long.

Bray is the word for a horse or donkey noise. So yeah... pretty unique.

My mayor's name is my name so that was an easy choice lol, and my town name is Omashu which is based off of Avatar the Last Airbender. It was originally going to be Ba Sing Se (bc who doesn't like the earth kingdom?), but that wouldn't fit with the spaces and everything so I went with Omashu; all hail King Bumi right?

Princess cause i'm a princess, and Rosewood because... I love roses and wanted it to sound like a town. Haha.

All of my towns are named after some game or character that I like. The first time I heard of the name Xuchang, it was in Dynasty Warriors (it's areal place in China, too), and my mayor's name is Illaoi which is from League of Legends (too bad they don't have a darker skin option in acnl ><). Amazonia is named from the Amazoness Quartet from Sailor Moon SuperS, with the mayor being CereCere, and the residents being VesVes, ParaPara and JunJun. My newest town is named Cyprine, and the mayors name is Mimette which are also Sailor Moon villains.

My town name is Hollow. I was going for a dark forest-esque name. I wanted Oakhollow, but it was too long.

My town name is Lumiere. I don't know how I got it, it just popped in my mind I guess ahahahaha, I really like how it sounds ~ While my name in game is Claude, it was originally Skye but when I found out there is a villager that has the same name as mine, I decided to change it to Claude, it's kinda of the same origin tbh (Skye = Sky; Claude = Cloud), it sounds really cool IMO...

my mayor name is my screen name and what everyone knows me by!

my towns (Blossom & Devotion) are particular names. I chose Blossom because my friends and boyfriend associate me with "cherry blossom", blossom is set in spring with petals, and it's a pretty name to match the town.

for my second one I chose Devotion, because I wanted a meaningful/passionate name. It's also the name of a song from one of my favorite music artists (Tristam) c:

My last CF town was Rhizaria, named because I was in college for a bio major at that time and I liked microorganisms. The town name then carried over to my 1st NL town.

2nd NL town name is Charming cuz I was really into Sons of Anarchy when I started the town. Though it's been pretty abandoned since then.

Newest town is Kopiko, with mayor Macchi (short for Macchiato), and name because I like coffee xD

my town name is moondale which i remember seeing somewhere and thinking it sounded really cute. my mayor name is rory which was gilmore girls inspired lmao.

For my main town, "waku waku" is a Japanese onomatopoeia for excitement, but in a more cutesy way. I thought it would a great way to get into the game every time I booted it up, and so far it's worked. I currently have 3 players in my town, Katy, named after myself. Cutie, male and rhymes with Katy. I originally created him as I wanted to see what different dialog and other features would be available for the opposite gender. And lastly Hana, the Japanese word for flower. She breeds and stores hybrids.

As for my second town, "doki doki" is under the same idea and influence. However, standing more for panic or heart pounding (stress or in love). Which is sort of the opposite, as what I mostly use the town for is cycling villagers and breeding hybrids. One player, Chibi... uh, short for my username.

Last edited:
My town is Kingdom Hearts themed. The town name is NeverWas for the World that Never Was and my characters are Ansem, Xiggy, and Xemnas. I kind of wish I named my third character Linky instead though since I am trying to collect all of the Zelda amiibo items in his house. I don't feel like demolishing his house just to change his name though.

I always name my character after me.

For my main town I picked Belfiore because it's supposed to mean beautiful flower in Italian and the town is supposed to be filled with a lot of flowers. For Pinecone I just picked it because it fit the theme and sounded and looked nice. For my third town I named it Nahele because it means forest in Hawai?ian, but I'll be resetting it soon (I haven't felt like it yet) and I don't know what I'll name it yet.

My town name is MAGIC and my character name is Pony❤️... very childish indeed

But since I resettled twice, I had different names in those towns. In my first, since my older sister was the mayor she named the town Ada Land. Idk what that even is???? I named my character after my real name, which I dislike A LOT

In my second town I named it Magic and the mayor Sparkle. I got made fun of a lot on club tortimer

Even though I can change the town and character name with hacks, I just kinda sticked with this cause y'know, all those other popular town and character names are overused and mine is more original :p

And oh, for the part of how I choose names....I just pick what I liked at the time. In my second town I was like 10, so yeah some sparkly magic garbage. In my current one I was still 10 I believe, and I liked MLP (yes very stupid) so I named my character Pony.

Current town name is Arcadia - after an arcade I used to go to (now gone), later I found out about Life is Strange
Name: Aki - anagram of a part of my name and also japanese for fall

Back