• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

(HOPEFULLY) Less than 24 hours until some kind of Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritofAce

The Barista
Bells
Switch
1153-7853-1909
Island
Teacove
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
I'm going to be the one to risk it.
The rumours are all adding up - the embargo of the new character renders ending on the 20th, the fact that game-specific directs do happen within a month of release, and also the dubious post by Emily Rogers which seems to be hinting at an Animal Crossing Direct this week.

If there is a Direct - a dedicated direct will most likely be announced on Tuesday. Dedicated directs have been announced two days in advance this year, and have aired on a Thursday - Pokemon, Smash for example. General Directs in the past have generally only been announced within a day of the event - so if there is a general direct instead, I don't think we'd know until Wednesday.

Either way, the stars are aligning (I hope...) that something will happen. Whether it's a general direct with an Animal Crossing segment (which would disappoint me - we need a huge info dump, not a five minute segment..) or a dedicated Animal Crossing Direct (yes please), I think it's a good bet that we will hear something this week.

What do you think? Is Thursday the 20th our lucky day? Will we get a dedicated Animal Crossing Direct, or a General Direct? Or will we go by another week with absolutely nothing at all. Post your expectations of what you think might happen, and also what you would like to see in such an event!

Lastly, and this should be obvious, but if nothing happens, please don't come back to this thread just to point and laugh - we're getting desperate for news now, so that really wouldn't help anything, and it'd just make me feel really bad. Happy posting!

Likely timing:
- Direct announcements are generally at 9AM EST, 2PM GMT. Don't expect anything later than that.

I agree. If there is going to be any AC news, it will probably be this week. And if we don't hear anything, then I wouldn't expect there to be anything else on AC until the game releases. Really, at a month out there should be one more marketing push for the game that is more than just a special edition switch. Or if I were a company I would want to push one more time.

I've really got my fingers crossed for the 20th. It makes sense to me, I just hope Nintendo aren't wanting to keep everything secret until the release!

Absolutely. Nintendo told us to 'stay tuned' after the trailer back in September for more information - and we haven't had any new information since then. Even the new commercials have not shown anything new. The 20th just lines up perfectly. The week after that is PAX - where Nintendo will presumably want to have New Horizons at their kiosk - so they will want news out this week.

Last edited:
I've never taken what this "Emily Rogers" says to heart. She's either right or wrong, and that just seems like blind guessing to me.

i'm actually quite frustrated at the lack of news we've had, especially since other games seem to get a lot of information, they've had more time to give us news since the game got delayed, and we're so close to release that you think they'd step up their game for advertising purposes. but i'm sure we'll hear more soon enough and i can't wait for it to come out!

Please do not get overly excited only to get extremely disappointed if we don't get a direct, after all it was just rumors fueling the fire. I don't want you to get upset over this ok, I know you like the game a whole lot, believe me I do too, but getting sad over this is just gonna make us all sad

THAT SAID, I really do hope we get a direct, I've been waking up super early for weeks now because I'm pretty much all hype and I can't contain it lol

Last edited:
Gosh it's been soooo long since we had a Direct! Nintendo please we're starving!!

i really hope there?s a direct; i?m prepared to be disappointed again but im hopeful :3

There's been no announcement of a Direct yet, so there definitely won't be within the next 24 hours. There might be an announcement of one. IF there is going to be one at all, expect it on Thursday, the 20th. But don't pine all your hopes on that date.

If ACNL had a direct like 37 days before release in Japan, I don't see why ACNH wouldn't have one, and we're closer to the release now.

I wouldn't be disappointed without one though, because we're getting so close to release that I'd be fine finding out things on my own as well.

Screwed up the thread title.

Sorry - yes, I'm aware that it isn't going to be tomorrow that it airs if we get an announcement, I just forgot to add 'announcement' to the end of the title. Not sure I can go back and change this? Anyway mods can add it, haha?

I'm certainly hoping for a direct. There's some information I would love to have cleared up, or just confirmed in general. But, ultimately, I've already purchased the game and am off for a week to play it, LOL. So the only thing a direct would do at this point is either solidify my want to play the game or cause me to cancel my vacation approval.

You would think if they had a game they were proud of, they'd be advertizing the crap out of it.

You would think if they had a game they were proud of, they'd be advertizing the crap out of it.

Or they might be being very selective of what information they release. There are plenty of ads, it's just not showing what you want it to show.

Or they might be being very selective of what information they release. There are plenty of ads, it's just not showing what you want it to show.

The only ad is characters running along the beach.

I want to see something of substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back