• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

(HOPEFULLY) Less than 24 hours until some kind of Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to be optimistic about an announcement tomorrow for a direct of some sort on the 20th. If it doesn’t happen by the first week of March, I don’t think one is gonna happen that’ll have much for Animal Crossing in it unfortunately :(

I?m going to go with ?they don?t care?. Animal Crossing fans are just forever doomed to go through pain and suffering. We went through it for years waiting for a new proper game while they gave us cash grab nonsense, and then the game got delayed(although this happens with almost every AC game, even the original Animal Forest apparently got delayed, as an advertisement for the game from 2000 stated a February 2001 release), and now just a little over a month left until release, and we know almost nothing.

Also, don?t pretend this didn?t happen with New Leaf. Back then, the silence at E3 2012 seemed practically unbelievable. Nowadays, abuse of the Animal Crossing name is the new normal. Or should I say, the old normal, as this has been going on for nearly five years.

At least we don?t have to worry about another delay, as the release date has been set in stone. In fact, physical copies are likely being produced at a factory right now as we speak.

In fact, physical copies are likely being produced at a factory right now as we speak.

If I could only snatch myself one.
tenor.gif

♦ The beginning of the game

I totally agree with everything else you've said, but haven't we already seen the beginning of the game? In the September direct, we basically see a character get off the dodo airlines and go to Nook's to start everything. Including getting a tent and ending with getting a Nook phone and debt. :lemon:

I don't think I would want to see too much of the very beginning of the game. Woudln't that take away part of the magic of starting a new town?

There's still a chance for it to be announced tomorrow at 3PM CET, but Nintendo is so unpredictable with directs lately so it could just be in th enext few weeks instead.

SMM2 last year got its direct announcement the day before and I believe some other games did in previous years, so who knows if they're doing that again with AC. Pokemon and Smash in January say otherwise though.

We'll most likely get more trailers in March at the very least. I'm pretty sure ACNL got like 3-4 different trailers before release in both Japan and everywhere else.

I wonder if the pokemon leaker has anything to do with Nintendo being so tight lipped about everything. Maybe they just don't want to take chances of informaton getting out about anything. I have no idea why that would matter with this franchise though. Espcially when they were fairly quick to point out that we aren't leaving Isabelle behind forever.

Im excited, but I’m going to be asleep at that time (9am) so at least I have something to look forward to Thursday afternoon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back