• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Has Your Data Corrupted Before in ACNL?

Has Your Data Corrupted Before in ACNL?

• Total voters
Weird, I thought I posted here earlier

I have the physical (cartridge) copy, and it hasn't corrupted. I hope it stays that way.

You did xD, it's just that you posted in the old thread where I forgot to put a poll on it, so I made another new one with polls. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

No problems for me. I have both a digital and a carriage system. Crosses fingers and toes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We need a poll option for 'I use both systems' :)

I didn't make a poll option like that though, but what I did was put multiple-choice options so you can choose more than two. ;)
I'm also thinking of doing another poll where you can choose if you tt a lot, damage your SD card, etc, and see if their data has corrupted...but I'm not sure how to arrange that xD.

Last edited:
i think your game only gets corrupted if you hack it to design your town freely unless the game was already damaged in the first place. I never got mine corrupted : ]

I use both cartridge and digital forms and thankfully it's never happened to me. The only game I've had it happen with was Enchanted Folk And The School Of Wizardry for the DS(all so known as Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times depending where you are and which is pretty similar to Animal Crossing).

No, I've never had a corruption.

Though if I did have one it'd make restarting easier so I can just say "oops it corrupted better restart" instead of being "ugh I didn't like how long it's been since I last played so I just restarted (again)".

I am so flaky omg.

i think your game only gets corrupted if you hack it to design your town freely unless the game was already damaged in the first place. I never got mine corrupted : ]

nah, sometimes crap just happens and people get their towns corrupted. it's true that you're definitely at a higher risk when you hack/turn off the game while it's saving, but ya i've read a lot of accounts of people's towns corrupting even when they haven't done either of those things. it's rare though.

and no. i've only had one cartridge and it hasn't corrupted yet. hope it never does!

I've been lucky to never have it happen to me...sorry to those who it has happened to :(

First time for everything now I guess, my nephew corrupted my game data last night by accident, so had to restart my town :/

My game data has never been corrupted. Even though I tend to glitch in my town just because it is fun to walk in the river/ a public works project.

Well... I saved my town from corrupting once, by when the "Date save corrupted your town wil be deleted" message appeared, I immediatly popped out the cartridge.

I have a cartridge (my main town) and a digital copy (the town I reset when I get bored) and luckily neither of them has ever corrupted - I've had the cartridge since the day of release in the UK, and the digital copy for about a year, maybe a bit less. I plot reset in both towns - I don't time travel in my main, though - and, touch wood, it's always been fine for me, and hopefully always will be :)

I have actually never had a game (digital or cart) corrupt on me, for the most part most corruptions I hear about were from people using hacksiedoodles on their games, causing them to corrupt. It's been maybe one out of 20 that I hear it was from something legit corrupting the game. I guess I'm pretty lucky though, I've had cart eject randomly and other shenanigans happen, but no corruptions happen yet!

Back