Green Christmas Stocking
Matryoshka Doll
Tin Robot
Festive Bell
Tin Robot
Red Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Chocolate Cake
So I was wondering whether the majority of TBT members has had their ACNL data corrupted before, and if the data corruption was with a digital software of ACNL or with the carriage one. For me, I have never gotten my data corrupted before, and I use the carriage. This poll/thread may help us know the reason of data corruption. Feel free to post your thoughts, opinions, and stories below. :)

nope. my data has never been corrupted before and i hope it won't. because it'd means losing a part of my life as ive worked hard for my town and also bonded with the villagers.

My cart copies have never corrupted in the 2+ years I've had them *touch wood*. My digital copy never corrupted, but it got accidentally wiped during a system transfer, I think that was pilot error though ><

I've never had a problem with any game corrupting

Mine hasn't corrupted (fingers crossed it never happens), but my fianc?'s original town did. And he has physical copies of the game, as do I.

I also now make weekly back-up files of our towns so if this happens again, we would lose very little.

Mine hasn't. I use a physical copy.

From what I've heard and read, most data corruptions are a result of something the player did. For example, turning off the game while it's still saving or taking out the SD card while the 3DS is still on. Other times it seems the cartridge/SD cart was already damaged. As far as I know, having a physical or digital copy has very little, if anything, to do with it.

Last edited:
I aim to keep my cartridges in good condition, I rarely knock them or drop them. As a result, this may be why ive never had any problems.

Mine hasn't. I use a physical copy.

From what I've heard and read, most data corruptions are a result of something the player did. For example, turning off the game while it's still saving or taking out the SD card while the 3DS is still on. Other times it seems the cartridge/SD cart was already damaged. As far as I know, having a physical or digital copy has very little, if anything, to do with it.

Yeah, I heard about a lot that too. However, I think there was some myths going on about the digital software corrupting more easily, and I wanted to see if that's true by using this poll. :)

Mine hasn't.. thank goodness. I would be pretty darn disappointed if my game did corrupt.. I'd start over, but I wouldn't be happy about it. D:

My physical copy has not corrupted. I wouldn't be too angry if it did. I've been looking to try new ideas since my town is completed, but I don't have the guts to reset my town nor do I have the money for a second town.

Well, it does have a tendency to happen more often on the downloadable versions, but that ultimately depends on the SD cards.
I've had a couple of dodgy SD cards and USB drives that got corrupted out of nowhere.

I've thankfully never had any game corrupt on me, but I agree that 9 out of 10 times is user error, perhaps carelessness at shutting off the game while loading/saving.

Nope. There has been some experiences where I think its gonna corrupt, but luckily they haven't.

Plus, I have a cartridge. 4 to be exact.

No, and I have a physical copy that gets used a lot every day. I'm careful to allow the game to finish saving before turning off my 2DS. I don't play any other games on the 2DS, so the cartridge is never removed. (I have a 3DS for other games.)

Weird, I thought I posted here earlier

I have the physical (cartridge) copy, and it hasn't corrupted. I hope it stays that way.

I have 3 digital and 3 cartridge games that have had no problems.
Cartridge was bought one release day and digital copy was bought a month later. Another in September.
The only time the SD card got removed is when I needed a larger card.

My first cartridge started popping out last year while sitting on the table. Not sure what happened but I bought a cartridge cover online and it hasn't popped out since. It's a small cover that goes over the cartridge.

Nope my game of ACWW or ACNL has never corrupted ever in all the years I have owned them, I have physical copies for both games,

No problems for me. I have both a digital and a carriage system. Crosses fingers and toes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We need a poll option for 'I use both systems' :)

Back