• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

getting motion sickness while playing games

Yes but not very bad. It's more "almost nausea" than actual nausea and it only happens with games I play on the tv.

Spiderman tho....

Only game to give me motion sickness was Kid Icarus Uprising, probably because I had the 3D on. Couldnt play for more than 30 minutes.

I know i get motion sickness from playing games, especially genshin impact, kingdom hearts, etc. So what helps me is taking numerous breaks for your eyes. like rest your eyes from staring at a digital screen for at least 20 minutes (look outside, change your surroundings from your room to the living room instead) and then return to playing if need to.

The only game to give me motion sickness was playing Sonic 2 on the Genesis back in the day. Especially the chemical plant level

Oh yeah
My nightmare is first person shooter games (fps) and thats the main reason ive got so deep into playing jrpgs
I cany stand playing nothing similar to a fps
And during the years itbseema my motion sickness is getting worse
When inwas young i was able to play in a car or in a train but now is getting harder every year
Post automatically merged:

Oh yeah
My nightmare is first person shooter games (fps) and thats the main reason ive got so deep into playing jrpgs
I cany stand playing nothing similar to a fps
And during the years itbseema my motion sickness is getting worse
When inwas young i was able to play in a car or in a train but now is getting harder every year
Also i forgot to mention that not being able to play fps games isnthe main reasom why ive never liked metroid prime games
I love tbe old metroid games but the prime series is horrible for me vecause i cant stand the motion sickness

I sometimes get motion sickness from any first person game, but it will eventually pass once I get used to it.

But really, I think it depends on the game. For example I never get motion sickness from Spider-man despite the fast swinging, but I recently downloaded Greedfall and even though it's a good game, the camera controls are a bit janky so I can't play for very long periods of time.

I always feel nauseous if I'm in a car or bus though.

I get horrible motion sickness with a lot of things! I believe it's an inner ear thing for me - intense enough to make me queasy frequently, but not too intense to warrant surgery or anything like that. As some people already mentioned, the car triggers it the most.

I'm not sure who told me this once, or if I managed to figure it out on my own, but listening to music helps a lot! Not video game music (no offense, video game music) but music with lyrics and something to pay attention to. For whatever reason, it allows me to play video games in the car! Perhaps if you get motion sick playing video games while stationary (as I do with some shooters) music would probably help there, too.

As for regular car motion sickness - you ever noticed that the driver never gets sick? Pay attention to the road as if you were driving! Look for the bends and bumps. If your brain sees it coming, it seems to prime you to be less jarred by it!

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk!

I'm only bothered by water in video games, that causes severe motion sickness for me lol
it probably has something to do with your brain trying to associate the movement in the game with the fact that you're not moving

I'm only bothered by water in video games, that causes severe motion sickness for me lol
it probably has something to do with your brain trying to associate the movement in the game with the fact that you're not moving

This. I also experience motion sickness if (in a video game) I'm trying to jump on something but it is not possible, if you know what I mean. I always find it pretty hard to explain what exactly triggers me.

I've never had motion sickness issues with the 2 exceptions of DKC Tropical Freeze and ACNH in docked mode. Especially NH. DIZZY

I've NEVER been able to play first person perspective games, like first person shooters such as Halo. I could enjoy Halo for a few minutes...and then get HORRIBLE motion sickness. I can also get slight motion sickness with some third person games, too, but I typically "adjust" after I play them for awhile, or after I take a dramamine. First person, though...just no.

I'm playing the Pokemon sw/sh expansion DLC right now and whew, I feel like I've been tossed left and right and upside down on a roller-coaster ride :( That's to say, does anyone else get super dizzy and sick when playing games with changing camera perspective/3D?

Absolutely, I have a big close screen and I need glasses so looking at some games for too long is just too much. Thankfully, it only happens for me with a small set of games so for the rest I'm totally fine!

I've never experienced motion sickness while gaming until I got a nicer laptop where I could have higher graphics settings.

Outer Worlds almost makes me hurl everytime I boot it up and the other day I started feeling queasy playing Minecraft of all games. It sucks bro, it really do. 🙄

i have before, when i took a new depression medication i got super bad motion sickness (its called cybersickness when it has to do with a screen) i couldnt look at any screen for over 12 hours without getting nauseous

i also get bad car sickness in general and i really dont know why

I get severe motion sickness from games when playing in the car on long road trips. I use to not be bothered by this, but I guess the older you get the brain just dislikes two moving objects. Even reading can cause me to get motion sickness at times, but definitely gaming is no longer an option on long trips.

Back