• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokemon fan-made and rom hack games discussion thread

Midoriya

Go beyond! Plus ultra!
Bells
Switch
1119-7626-0996
Island
Sumeru
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Here’s a thread to discuss Pokemon fan-made and rom hack games (I hope creating this thread is okay. If not, feel free to close it).

I’ve been playing through Pokemon Uranium again for the first time in years, which is a fan-made Pokemon game. I played it years ago and had, I believe... seven gym badges? But I lost my save file and so now I’m replaying it. Hoping to get all eight gym badges and become the champion this time now that all of the game is released and finished.

I just managed to beat Cali, the third gym leader, with an underleveled team (for reference my team is levels 23-24 and her Pokemon are levels 26 and 28). I’m really ecstatic about it as I managed to win with just one Pokemon left standing, my shiny Firoke named Bakugo.

hIGmLfA.png

I went into battle against her with a full team against her four Pokemon. Started out with Eletux against her Tubjaw, and she kept switching back and forth between Tubjaw and Brailip, so I just kept hitting them both with super effective Shock Wave attacks. Tubjaw also got paralyzed during this time. She switched in to Sableau (a water/ground type) at some point during this time, and I went with Nobunaga (my level 23 ground/dragon Terlard). Got a couple Magnitudes in before Nobunaga fainted. Then I went with Yuoaman (my level 24 Baaschaf) and got some Beat Up attacks in before ultimately fainting. Went back to Wave, my Eletux, and used Aqua Jet to try and finish her Sableau off, but it survived with barely any health points and took out Wave with a super effective Mud Bomb. I then went to Nobara and took out her Sableau with Headbutt, being left at 1 health point. Then switched to White Fang, my normal type Felunge, in order to take out her Brailip with Feint Attack. Finally, she sent her grass/ground type Cararalm in. The only party members left on my team now were White Fang, Nobara, and Bakugo. I managed to make her Cararalm fall asleep with Yawn, and then proceeded to use Charm three times to lower her Cararalm’s attack stat as much as possible. Then, once Cararalm woke up I used Yawn again, and White Fang was taken out. Nobara was used as a 1 health point buffer (because she had survived from earlier with Sturdy) to take Cararalm’s last attack before it fell asleep again. Then... the moment of triumph. With only Bakugo left on the field and the danger of getting hit with a super effective Crabhammer and possibly losing, I used two Incinerates while her Cararalm was asleep and finished it off, winning my third gym badge.

Bakugo had proved to be a strong team member earlier as well by OHKO’ing the level 30 nuclear Trawpint with a critical hit super effective Incinerate.

O5meZJO.png

Pya14Ap.png

So, what fan-made or rom hack Pokemon games are you guys playing right now? I’d love to know. Feel free to share images and information from your games as well. Just keep in mind that this thread is NOT for challenges like Nuzlocke challenges. That would be The Pokemon Challenge Thread. Thank you! :)

I haven't played it yet but Pokemon XG Next Gen looks fun to play, I watched a playthrough of it before. I may play it later on after I'm done with pokemon colosseum.

I haven't played it yet but Pokemon XG Next Gen looks fun to play, I watched a playthrough of it before. I may play it later on after I'm done with pokemon colosseum.

I just looked it up and it looks interesting! I like the idea of including shadow Pokemon and shadow moves in a game. I’ll have to look into it more and possibly play it later. Thanks for sharing!

I just looked it up and it looks interesting! I like the idea of including shadow Pokemon and shadow moves in a game. I’ll have to look into it more and possibly play it later. Thanks for sharing!
no problem

Just beat Sheldon, the fourth gym leader in Pokemon Uranium, not too long ago. He was a pushover compared to Cali (though that may just be due to the types of Pokemon I have on my team). Ended up taking out his S51 easily using my newly evolved Feliger, White Fang. Sleep Talk really is a useful move for White Fang to know because of its ability, Lazy, which puts it to sleep when it’s sent out. From there I took out Sheldon’s Gararewl using White Fang as well. After that I switched to Nobara, my Dearewl, in order to take out his Cometeor. Finally, I switched to Yuoaman, my Baaschaf, for his Tracton. Tracton used a powerful move that did good damage, but unfortunately for Sheldon, Yuoaman survived and I had him use Revenge, which, when boosted with the held item Black Belt + STAB + being super effective + doing more damage since Yuoaman was hit first, was more than enough to OHKO his Tracton and seal the deal. Compared to five of my team members fainting against Cali‘s Pokemon, none of my team members fainted against Sheldon’s Pokemon. Looking forward to heading to Amatree Town for the next gym badge. :)

7il4QjK.png

SK3vAgD.png

Beat Tiko and his entire gym quite easily by just using Wave/Electruxo and spamming Aqua Jet. It was a close battle by the time I got to his last Pokemon, but ended up winning.

pa8WUR8.png

And here’s an update on my current team. I’ve changed around some Pokemon and WAS planning on having both Primeape and Mismagius as my two Pokemon that are not exclusive to Uranium, but I evolved my Primeape into an Empirilla, so that’s out of the question. Probably just going to go back to a full Uranium Pokemon team and replace Mismagius with Coatlith because I really need both a grass and dragon type on my team, and Coatlith is both of those.

i6u2S0G.png

And here’s my current trainer card. Only a few more Pokemon to catch until I get another reward from the professor! :D

v1ciY66.png

Looking forward to heading to Venesi City for the next gym badge. :)

Think i'm try this out! I'm waiting for diamond or shining pearl for the switch this looks interesting!

Think i'm try this out! I'm waiting for diamond or shining pearl for the switch this looks interesting!

Nice! Which one are you thinking of playing? Pokemon XG Next Gen, Pokemon Uranium, or something else? If you need the link to download Pokemon Uranium, I can send it to you! :)

Nice! Which one are you thinking of playing? Pokemon XG Next Gen, Pokemon Uranium, or something else? If you need the link to download Pokemon Uranium, I can send it to you! :)
I found the pokemon uranium! I never have done these games before! Can you pm the others links??

I found the pokemon uranium! I never have done these games before! Can you pm the others links??

I actually don’t have any links to any of the games besides Pokemon Uranium. I’m sure if you look you can find them though! Additionally, @vixenism may be able to help find Pokemon XG Next Gen. :)

I actually don’t have any links to any of the games besides Pokemon Uranium. I’m sure if you look you can find them though! Additionally, @vixenism may be able to help find Pokemon XG Next Gen. :)
Thank you! I just started it right now, been busy today but going give it a go!

you can probably find it by googling it, I dont think I have a link currently

you can probably find it by googling it, I dont think I have a link currently

Found it! Looks like Pokemon XG Next Gen is here under the download spoiler for anyone that’s interested in playing it. :)

Found it! Looks like Pokemon XG Next Gen is here under the download spoiler for anyone that’s interested in playing it. :)

Ooooh thank you!

I finally, FINALLY made it to Venesi City and beat Rosalind’s gym. I had to grind levels for my team for awhile before facing her, however, otherwise I probably would have been demolished, lol. I ended up winning with one Pokemon left, Wave. I took out her other four Pokemon and she took out my other five. Used Thunderbolt on her Dramsama and took a Shadow Ball, and then timed the Hydro Cannon move perfectly and took her Dramsama out to win.

c9oY232.png

Here’s my current team as of now:

4V4v3ka.png

Here’s my current trainer card as of now:
3EX4SgL.png

Up next will be the seventh gym, and Wave will be able to mega evolve after that. Looking forward to it. :D

Pokemon Gaia is a good fangame if anyone is interested! it's a hack of FireRed & includes the physical / special split, the fairy type, megas, and pokemon from the first 6 generations. no fakemon; starters are the gen4 / Sinnoh ones (& you get a Kanto starter of the type that's weak to what you picked a few badges in). it also includes what i think is an engaging story, a good rival, & a lot of fun dialogue. also a huge difficulty curve but like, in a satisfying way. makes it feel well-earned when you beat a tough battle!

currently it's on v 3.2, which goes up to the pokemon league; there's no postgame yet, but that'll be added in v4 when that drops.

E1wC4SHXMAUXZZ2

this was my team during my first playthrough :) my froslass turned into a rattata during the hall of fame screen for... some reason. she was fine though after

The games look really fun do you need anything to play them
it depends on the game! some of them, like uranium, don't need anything because they're their own .exe files. you just have to download & run them!

for gaia (and many others), you need an emulator like Visual Boy Advance, along with a rom of the game. or a rom of whatever the game being hacked is + a patch file, depending on the hack. (it sounds more complex than it is, it's pretty easy. i'd be happy to share my already-patched file though if you ever snag VBA and want to give gaia a shot.)

for XDNG, you're gonna need dolphin & presumably a copy of the original XD .iso + the hack patch and a patcher program.

I’ve been working on a rom hack of Pokémon Crystal for a while now. It’s a difficulty increase hack that replaces the Johto Pokédex with Pokémon from all eight generations. Making front and back sprites for 251 Pokemon is quite tiring. At least programming with the Pokémon Crystal disassembly isn’t too difficult.

Back