• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games you use to love but never see anyone mention anymore

I still have my old cartridges and Gameboy so I play it on that when I get the urge to play.
I don't think I'll ever by a Wii but I am tempted now that I now GS is on it. o:
Cool.

Yep, and it's a Wii U, not a Wii that it's on. I'd hate for someone to buy the wrong system by mistake. XD Both are good though :).

Has Psychonauts been mentioned already?

It's an old game from around 2005 and was available on many platforms. I played it on the PC and was amazed. It's kind of an adventure game with platformer elements. You're playing as a kid with psychic powers who is staying at camp with a few friends. Ten something unexpected and weird happens and you have to go on a quest to recover some very valuable thing. Don't want to spoil anyone :D The different levels are amazingly detailed, imaginative and unique worlds. You gain new psychic powers throughout the game and can use them to interact directly with the world. I had so much fun playing this game. The dialogues were verry funny and refreshing, the difficulty was challenging but not too hard (except the bloody Meat Circus! Tough nut to crack! But very rewarding).

Mentioned way far back, but it's a good one to mention. I recently downloaded it on my PS3, literally everyone got excited about it. Total cult classic.

I used to love Helmet Heroes.

Helmet Heroes was a game on the computer and you could choose a different class and train to level up and by weapons/armor. I played it for hours at a time and I played it for one year. I stopped playing it, because the updates made the game... I dont know... less playable. There were too many hackers and people who stole, that you couldn't trade with anybody without the fear of getting money or something stolen.

When of the main reasons why I stopped was because my brother got hacked, lost all his stuff, lost all his money, and his pet duck got stolen! (We bought matching pet ducks and trained together.) He confronted the guy and the creator, but nothing was done!

I haven't touched the game since.

I love the entire Ratchet and Clank series but it seems like they're somewhat of a cult thing now.

That feels like that happens to all those Playstation exclusive platformers that do really well. I feel like that series goes along with Jak & Daxter.

I like most R&C but secret agent clank is so much fail lol.

also about wario land 3.. apparently you could have Japanese text(like all the stages written in japanese)/dialogue. man cant have been much dual audio/text back then

Kirby Air Ride for GC and Kung Fu Chaos for Xbox. Ahhhh, the memories.

Probably Pokemon Black and White.
They're not too old, but nobody seems to care for them anymore :(

Basically the entire Wario series is on VC now, I'm gonna have to get them all cause I'm on a Wario kick. I didn't realize it until last night that's funny I come back and there's mention of Wario Land.

I gotta restart White and play it for real, it feels like the balance is off and that this game is more against me than any other Pkmn game

I never see anyone ever mention the Freddi Fish games, though I'm not even sure if it was even that popular a series. I certainly loved them as a kid though, they were my first PC games, along with Putt-Putt.

I loved Freddi Fish and Putt-Putt. And Spy Fox and Pajama Sam. Humongous Entertainment made such amazing children's games :')
Never heard anyone else mention them though, so I don't know if they were very popular :(

I remember seeing them often, and remember kids who didn't have a console of any type, but had a family PC back in the day, would mention Putt-Putt and Pajama Sam, and I still think I may remember Freddi Fish. I never played any, they never appealed to me. Don't they still sell Pajama Sam? I swear I've seen it somewhat recently

All you Golden Sun fans get Golden Sun: Lost Age on WiiU sometime soon, Pegi has it on their site now rerated the same as before

Trauma Center! It has a really small fandom and the last game was released in 2010 and I really wish that we would have a new game, because I don't really see it anywhere anymore except for in my little circle of Trauma Center friends.

Sonic Adventure 2 was my life at one point. I still catch myself going back to my Gamecube to try to finish the A Rankings.
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was also pretty great.

To the person who mentioned Golden Sun, you rock! :D

I've never heard anyone mention Kirby Air Ride for GC and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime for DS. I loved those two games deeply.

Back