• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games you use to love but never see anyone mention anymore

n64king

mr monkey
Bells
Red Candy
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
ど
There's plenty of games that "everyone" loves that get lots of mentions. But what about those that either got critically panned, or just never really got attention, or DID get attention but has long since been forgotten, that you enjoyed?

I think of Tonic Trouble for N64 that came out in 1999. I never knew anyone who knew it or played it even then. It was Ubisoft's try at another kind of 3D platformer, nearly identical to Rayman in terms of gameplay, it got mediocre reviews but I LOVED that game, I still pop it in every so often. I think it was ported PC later. There's no chance for a sequel or even an HD remake but I can always dream lol It was a very influential game to me and I still think about it.

I also loved Destroy All Humans on PS2, that was highly praised and had 2 sequels, one for PS2 and one for Wii. But I feel like everyone long since forget it's existence. It sorta went by the wayside for some reason.

I'm sure I have others, but what about you guys :lemon:

I never see anyone ever mention the Freddi Fish games, though I'm not even sure if it was even that popular a series. I certainly loved them as a kid though, they were my first PC games, along with Putt-Putt.

I do notice though that not a whole lot of people ever mention Donkey Kong 64, I loved that game. It was pretty high on my favorites for a long time. Do people just prefer other Donkey Kong games, or maybe it's not as popular anymore? I'm not sure.

Oh gosh, DK64 you don't understand. It's the one N64 game that I swear I'm getting a little anxious about. If there's no restrictions bounding Nintendo from redoing or at least rereleasing that game to WiiU VC, then what the heck is taking so long!? It's pretty much the only game I REALLY want for VC. I don't mention DK64 much anymore cause everyone wants to go BUT RARE OWNS IT AND MICROSOFT SAID NO, well no they didn't in fact Rare confirmed it's Nintendo's property and they don't know why they're not releasing the games again lol I just would rather sit and wait by myself than have to rehash the Nintendo versus Rare versus Microsoft crap

Last edited:
Ohhhh, that might explain it then, I didn't realize people thought there was an ownership issue, but that makes a little more sense now. I'd love to see it re-released, it was SO GOOD. To this day, Mad Jack is still one of my favorite boss characters. And the level designs were amazing.

Well there isn't an ownership issue. It was assumed there was after Rare was bought. But after all this time they've said there's no issues with any of the DK games. Just stuff Rare produced BY Rare for Nintendo. Not By Rare WITH Nintendo, like DK is. So DK is safe, but things like Jet Force Gemini, or obvious ones like Banjo & Conker games are lost forever.
What brought it up worse was when Nintendo took away the SNES DK games off the Wii shop. But no one knows why and they never commented on it.
But I digress, I really do wish DK64 would come back. I don't care if its the 64 VC release or a full HD WiiU remake. I almost think a remake would make me sad at heart, a vision into what the future of Nintendo should have been in terms of 3D platformers lol When I was younger I didn't understand why they stopped doing them that way in exchange for side scrollers again, well THAT'S because Rare helped make almost all of their 3D platformers that I enjoyed and they stopped. They're dead on Xbox. It's the one thing I can say Microsoft ruined.

Valkyrie Profile. Granted it wasn't the most critically acclaimed of games and for good reason - but I remember people actually talked about a VP game centered around the third sister, as the two other sisters had been featured at the center of the first two games. Now, the newest discussions I can find on the speculation of a Valkyrie Profile: Hrist date back to '12.

q_q

Well there isn't an ownership issue. It was assumed there was after Rare was bought. But after all this time they've said there's no issues with any of the DK games. Just stuff Rare produced BY Rare for Nintendo. Not By Rare WITH Nintendo, like DK is. So DK is safe, but things like Jet Force Gemini, or obvious ones like Banjo & Conker games are lost forever.
What brought it up worse was when Nintendo took away the SNES DK games off the Wii shop. But no one knows why and they never commented on it.
But I digress, I really do wish DK64 would come back. I don't care if its the 64 VC release or a full HD WiiU remake. I almost think a remake would make me sad at heart, a vision into what the future of Nintendo should have been in terms of 3D platformers lol When I was younger I didn't understand why they stopped doing them that way in exchange for side scrollers again, well THAT'S because Rare helped make almost all of their 3D platformers that I enjoyed and they stopped. They're dead on Xbox. It's the one thing I can say Microsoft ruined.

Yeah, sucks about Banjo especially. :/ I would feel similar to you, it would be bittersweet to have a remake. It's difficult to get that nostalgia back when so much has transpired and changed.

type to learn gave me some of the best experiences of my young life everyone should check it out, real 10/10

Yeah, sucks about Banjo especially. :/ I would feel similar to you, it would be bittersweet to have a remake. It's difficult to get that nostalgia back when so much has transpired and changed.

Yeah Banjo is still good if you play the 360 versions but the Nuts & Bolts game is strange, not bad really just like Oh. Microsoft ruining Rare is the one thing that makes me sad about the gaming industry. Other companies have been put through the ringer before but there's nothing there that was even an echo of what it use to be. That Kinect Sports thing makes me sick, sick that it's Microsoft Kinect trash that is just their version of the Wii Waggle, and it gets like 6/10 and 7/10 on review sites. Rare was so much better than that.

Valkyrie Profile. Granted it wasn't the most critically acclaimed of games and for good reason - but I remember people actually talked about a VP game centered around the third sister, as the two other sisters had been featured at the center of the first two games. Now, the newest discussions I can find on the speculation of a Valkyrie Profile: Hrist date back to '12.

q_q

Oooh I remember Valkyrie Profile. I never got a chance to play it because either I was too young at the time (and my mom woulda been funny about it) or maybe I didn't have my PS2/PSP yet. I forget which it was tbh. I could totally add that to my Playstation game list, since I was thinking about plugging in my PS2 and getting old games I missed that are locked on that system. (My PS3 is the slim, she aint play no PS2 disk)

type to learn gave me some of the best experiences of my young life everyone should check it out, real 10/10

Lol We had "The Learning Company's" typing program game bologna on our school computers. 6/10

Last edited:
I used to LOVE Sonic Heroes.

I still like the game but the slippery controls make it almost impossible to play ;___;

Oh gosh, DK64 you don't understand. It's the one N64 game that I swear I'm getting a little anxious about. If there's no restrictions bounding Nintendo from redoing or at least rereleasing that game to WiiU VC, then what the heck is taking so long!? It's pretty much the only game I REALLY want for VC. I don't mention DK64 much anymore cause everyone wants to go BUT RARE OWNS IT AND MICROSOFT SAID NO, well no they didn't in fact Rare confirmed it's Nintendo's property and they don't know why they're not releasing the games again lol I just would rather sit and wait by myself than have to rehash the Nintendo versus Rare versus Microsoft crap

D. K.! Donkey Kong! HEY! D. K.! Donkey Kong is here!

Final fantasy iv :c

my fav game of all time but no one i know has played it before D:

theres this game on the computer that i really love but nobody even knows it. its called wone 2

I def do not know what the heck Wone 2 is :p

ayyye FFIV. There's so many they really should at one point take a small break from making new ones and just do a box set collection of all the games for XB1 & PS4, even WiiU if they felt like it. 57,000 hours of gameplay. $200-300 boxset wowowow

Last edited:
Back