• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games you use to love but never see anyone mention anymore

Sonic Heroes = Best Sonic Game Ever
EDIT:
IT also contains my Favorite Quote/Text Alert

Last edited:
What about the Trauma Center for Wii? Y/N?

ugh disappoint, I forgot how bad the Wii version of Crusi'n was, why Midway why. Why did you shove off one of your best arcade racers to a crappy port of Fast & Furious.

YES Please @ Mario Party GCN. I liked 4 & 5. 6 & 7 were weird and similar but hold a special place nevertheless. I wish MP would go back to those days again, I got Island Tour via that best buy sale we had in NA, and it's actually really good and gives me tiny hope for MP10 since 9 was a horrid disaster.

6 had the best mini games and staches DAT EGADSGARAGE WITH RUBBERDUCKIES YES.

9 was alright, didn't deserve all the dung it got though.

Yeah when I see it in the store with the Players Choice label or whatever, I'm like lol. They for some reason decided to take out the skill of most of it and leave it up to luck. Wii Party U was given the skill games for some reason. Lol why do I like WPU now.

That came out on everything! Genesis & Amiga included. I'm so weird I think, me and my old childhood friend played the Genesis one. I think the PS1 version was most popular?

Phantasy Star: Online Episodes I & II for the gamecube will forever be my favorite game ever but I've only met one person in my whole life besides my brother who's ever played or heard of the game. I love the story and the whole thing is just so amazing to me. I've beat it at least 50 times.

Phantasy Star just makes me think of the huge GameCube/Keyboard controller they made that only worked with that game. Did you guys use that controller? That'd be kinda awesome!
I've never seen the GCN game box in real life or that controller so I've missed that game. But I feel like I'll eventually get to dip into that series, is they have Genesis ones on this one PS3 comp disk I believe

LMAO no omg we didn't use that controller. Just the regular GC one. Now I play the game on the PC with a hack server my friend sent me, but I still use an Xbox controller. I really don't like using keyboards for video games.

ALSO: another one of my fave game series is Harvest Moon, and I'm so happy other people have mentioned some of the games. I've played them all, but my first one was It's A Wonderful Life. I had a love/hate relationship with how realistic it was (mostly how a cow had to give birth to make milk where in the other games they just always gave milk).

Trauma Center! It has a really small fandom and the last game was released in 2010 and I really wish that we would have a new game, because I don't really see it anywhere anymore except for in my little circle of Trauma Center friends.

Omg I just saw a joke last night about how Atlus has pretty much abandoned TC. How timely this post is lol.

Anyway, I only ever played New Blood, and that one was kinda eh. I don't think I ever beat it because of how boring I thought it was.

That came out on everything! Genesis & Amiga included. I'm so weird I think, me and my old childhood friend played the Genesis one. I think the PS1 version was most popular?
I think so, too, I mostly played it on my cousin's PS1. But before that I'm pretty sure I played it on a SNES. Might've been something else though cause I was so young back then and don't remember any differences between the two versions.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ALSO: another one of my fave game series is Harvest Moon, and I'm so happy other people have mentioned some of the games. I've played them all, but my first one was It's A Wonderful Life. I had a love/hate relationship with how realistic it was (mostly how a cow had to give birth to make milk where in the other games they just always gave milk).
I love the Harvest Moon games too but I probably already mentioned that. Magical Melody was my favorite but I started replaying them the other day and it isn't as great as I remember. A Wonderful Life is probably my favorite now.

LMAO no omg we didn't use that controller. Just the regular GC one. Now I play the game on the PC with a hack server my friend sent me, but I still use an Xbox controller. I really don't like using keyboards for video games.

yeah I agree, keyboard = no.

I LOOOOOOVED A Wonderful Life, I said it already like 100 times but it's my fav. And yeah it was totally a little more realistic than some of the others. The handhelds are totally more fantasy based, except A New Beginning is pretty good but it's 3DS so...
After a while though AWL kinda runs itself, I easily "slept" away months when my player was old cause I was trying to see if you die and the kid grows to get the farm.

I don't see many people mentioning MOTHER 1 that much.
Yeah it's the first in the series, it's REALLY HARD to get into, and it hasn't aged well.
I still enjoy it.

I love the Harvest Moon games too but I probably already mentioned that. Magical Melody was my favorite but I started replaying them the other day and it isn't as great as I remember. A Wonderful Life is probably my favorite now.

Omg I know. I recently ordered a copy to play on my Wii, and I remembered the characters looked weird- but they were worse than I remembered lol. The characters literally look like toddlers. Also apparently I accidentally got a copy where you can't choose your gender so I was stuck being a guy. Kinda wasted 20 bucks on that for nostalgia lol.

I also sometimes get a strange urge to play the SNES one, and I have that on my Wii, too, so I'll play that. It's so weird seeing the huge difference.

yeah I agree, keyboard = no.

I LOOOOOOVED A Wonderful Life, I said it already like 100 times but it's my fav. And yeah it was totally a little more realistic than some of the others. The handhelds are totally more fantasy based, except A New Beginning is pretty good but it's 3DS so...
After a while though AWL kinda runs itself, I easily "slept" away months when my player was old cause I was trying to see if you die and the kid grows to get the farm.

So many people I've met prefer keyboards, but I spent most of my childhood holding a controller, so a keyboard is weird and foreign and I don't like change. I'm like a grumpy old man >:C

P. much after you beat any HM game, it gets boring. It's like AC for me- once I beat it I find myself just skipping along through days because I've done everything. A New Beginning got like that in... I'd say like 2 weeks max? I beat the game before I even got the greenhouse lol, but I kept going JUST to get that cause I was like "Well F me, I've come this far, might as well get it."

I don't see many people mentioning MOTHER 1 that much.
Yeah it's the first in the series, it's REALLY HARD to get into, and it hasn't aged well.
I still enjoy it.
I LOVE Mother 1. ;-;
One day I wish for Nintendo to make a remake of it, but if that ever happens it would likely be Earthbound haha.

Back