• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games You Enjoy with a Negative Rep?

I actually like a lot of "walking simulators" like Gone Home. I appreciate atmosphere and story, so it doesn't matter to me if games have a lot of game-y elements to me. With games like "Night in the Woods" sometimes I actually prefer if the mini-games were taken out since it can pull you out of an immersive story.

Oh I love walking simulators as well! I love being able to explore an environment in a more stress free capacity and just enjoy the story 🥰 Adding in mini games, or small combat sequences, or timed elements (they’re the worst I hate timed challenges 😩) can make a game really hard for me to finish 😅

• the newer Pokemon games (Ultra Sun/Moon and Sword/Shield) - I really enjoyed these games but they seem to be pretty unpopular, they might not be as strong as some of the other games in the series but I still had fun playing them and I loved exploring the new regions in the game and catching the new Pokemon
  • FF:X-2 - I hadn't actually realised this game had a negative reputation till I saw some others mention it in the thread but this is probably my favourite FF game, I loved playing this when I was young and really liked the characters
  • Sims 4 - this game often gets slated a lot as many people seem to view it as a poor successor to the previous sims games and I often see complaints about the changed graphics (the problem seems to be that its too 'cartoony' compared to the past games) but I prefer how the game looks now
  • any Mario&Sonic at the Olympics games - honestly I'm not sure what the reputation of these games are but they seem like the type of games that probably get a negative rep (especially the newer games) and while I do think the original game is the best one, I've still enjoyed all the later games too and like the variety of sports they often include

final fantasy xv ...
everyone hates it, haha. it was the first ff game i ever played and (maybe) my favorite game ever ? i just ... loved the npcs so much. i loved the group combat system OH GOSH the combat system was such a wonderful experience, especially after u can gain control of the other characters (only w dlc, sadly) it was a multitaskers paradise. and the characters ?1?! i fell in love with every single one. its the only game ive ever bought dlc for because i wanted to see all the backstories of the characters.

its not a perfect game, no. its V E R Y flawed. but i loved every second of it and thats okay c:

Well, this is kind of embarrassing but the fire emblem fates series. The story was terrible but I still had a really good time playing it. There were some cool maps.

For many years I enjoyed The Sims series, especially 1 and 3. Oh my were they buggy and had so many expansions in order to get good content but they still had their moments. The pet and seasons ones were my favorites in particular. Unfortunately I never got to play 4 because super slow very limited internet. Couldn't download it even if I'd wanted to. The series may be looked down upon by more "serious" gamers but for me it was a safe, fun way to express my creativity.

Well, this is kind of embarrassing but the fire emblem fates series. The story was terrible but I still had a really good time playing it. There were some cool maps.
Wow so I'm not the only one! I LOVED Fire Emblem Fates; it was my favourite game from 2016 if I remember correctly.

Overwatch, been playing since the first year off and on. Don't think the game is talk in a positive way in the last few years.

Games I enjoy for nostalgia reasons and aren't too liked today are a few like Sonic Heros, Donkey Kong 64 & Diddy Kong Racing. I'll stop here lol

Last edited:
Back