• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games You Enjoy with a Negative Rep?

Tailsman. Im okay with it. Guess i just dont mind board game games that have been ported to mobile or game conosle

Last edited:
Ok, bear with me, try not to judge...

Catwoman (2004) for the Nintendo Gamecube.

Yes it was panned and everyone hated it and thought it was crap, but I found it super fun and would repeat play it all the time. I need a new Game Cube Memory card to replay it again.

Two games come to mind for me:

Fortnite :lemon:
Yup, it has a super bad rep for twelvies, being overrated and such. But despite those facts, I don't think it's a bad game. I find it quite enjoyable for the most part. There's continuous updates with challenges that are (sometimes) fun to do.

Mario Party 10
Probably one of the worst of the series, but yet I still found it quite enjoyable. There's some features I miss from it that aren't included in Super Mario Party, and hope to see in the future actually. Yeah, it's definitely rigged for the whole everyone wins something thing, but other than that I liked it.

Timeshift wasn't widely acclaimed when it was released, but I really enjoyed the time manipulation features it had. Just a fun shooter.

That's a very interesting topic! Thanks. ^_^

Hmmm...
My first pick would be Final Fantasy XIII
There's so much hate towards this game and I just don't understand it. =/ The character stories are great in this game and every character is just amazing, my personal favorite is Hope-kun and Light-san - they have a special bond and it has been very interesting to follow their story; Snow and Serah aren't the ones I usually root for, but their story was great, too.
Gameplay was amazing, especially considering that I don't like turn-based combat and I mean at all. The game became really difficult by the end, so I had to use cheats to finish it. =__=
Music, locations, character design... all so beautiful!! :lemon:
The only thing I diisliked was the final portion of the main story, the "bigger conflict". But it's not terrible, just not as good as personal stories. FF XIII is one of my favorite games of all time, for sure.

Theeen I'd also name Tales of Zestiria.
I was quite shocked to see the amounts of hate this game received when it's my favorite Tales of game. The only thing that made me feel bad was its gameplay and don't get me wrong - it was fun, but as usual with JRPG, it turned into a nightmare by the end of the game. I actually purchased the DLC which boosts your level and HP, but even with that... I couldn't beat the final boss. So frustrating.
Other than that, the game is just brilliant.

And the third game would be Asura's Wrath.
I can see why people disliked this game - it has almost no gameplay and the ending was locked behind a DLC wall. Frustrating, but this game is probably the most thrilling, the most "CyberConnected" game I've ever played. The quick-time events "connect" you to what's happening in a very unique video-game way, they're all crafted with incredible precision. It makes me sad that the idea of QTE is gone from gaming - it's a much better concept of connection between the screen and the player, much better than VR, for example...
And the action - what a joy for any anime fan! The story is a very unique mix of shonen themes with some incredibly touching moments, the music is just the best of Chikayo Fukuda.
Such an experience. I was close to walking away from this game because it didn't look that impressive in trailers, and people hated it but I'm glad I gave it a chance. An incredibly journey for any shonen fan.
Make sure to play it with Japanese audio and all DLC purchased for the full experience! :blush:

Last edited:
I like Spore too! I think it's a very cool and pretty much endless game! Okay it gets boring very quickly but it's very well thought and funny in my opinion.
I also like.. hmm I'd say ASTRONEER, which isn't very known for being loved because of all the bugs and the minimalistic kind of gameplay it offers... but I like it and I play it from time to time!

Maybe it doesn't count, but Kirby 64 springs to mind. I remember seeing mixed reviews, but I adored the game, and oddly enough it is the only Kirby game I actually really like all of that much.

Also, I've gotten strange reactions for saying that I liked Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I don't think they're in the context of the DLC's mishaps (which I never even bought), so I don't know where they're coming from. I can't even stand violent games, but I had to play this one because I love the setting.

Maybe it doesn't count, but Kirby 64 springs to mind. I remember seeing mixed reviews, but I adored the game, and oddly enough it is the only Kirby game I actually really like all of that much.

Also, I've gotten strange reactions for saying that I liked Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I don't think they're in the context of the DLC's mishaps (which I never even bought), so I don't know where they're coming from. I can't even stand violent games, but I had to play this one because I love the setting.
It's interesting because I've seen more people liking Odyssey than disliking it. The only complaint I ever saw was that when you hit a specific point in the story, you can't proceed without grinding for levels which isn't the most terrible thing - it's just there to encourage people to explore and do side quests. Other than that, everyone seemed to like it. :eek:

I personally didn't like Odyssey, though. Seems like a great game, but for some reason it has waaay more cursing and violence than any previous Assassin's Creed, and I even asked if anyone felt the same on Steam forums - quite a few people felt the same as me. My favorites are II, Brotherhood and Syndicate. I'm also planning to play Unity (they were giving it away for free to support the rebuilding of Notre Dame). :)

everyone hates Dynasty Warriors 9, but i actually enjoy it.. once i got used to the horrible voice acting

You should switch to Japanese or Chinese voices. There's an option for that. ;)

Yeah, most english dubs to games are horrid, especially when you can't switch the voice acting to japanese or stuff so u have to play with sound off :( cheapskates.

anyways idk if it's been posted or i mentioned it already but link's awakening (the og gameboy one) is one of the best zelda's imo.

Pok?mon Black and White. I for one enjoyed playing White and I feel it gets bad rep for very stupid reasons. It?s got over 150 Pok?mon and some look fantastic, and yet they?re over looked by ?those garbage and ice cream Pok?mon hurr?. I also liked the story and the concept of ?ideal vs truth?.

The MySims series! I played the DS and Wii versions of all the early games, and I loved them. The Wii versions were best--The original game allowed so much design, Kingdoms had a brilliant plot and so many areas to explore, and Agents had a fantastic mystery that was genuinely exciting to solve. I'm so sad the series crumbled the way it did.

skyward sword, although it's rep isnt that bad, many zelda fans still don't like it as much as other games. i always enjoyed it, but then again i was like, 10 when i played it so my opinion might not be so great

Epic Mickey Power of Illusion: Okay, I know this game objectively isn’t that great. But I really enjoyed it and I was so proud of myself when I actually managed to beat it! I found it really tricky but I got it for Christmas one year. My dad was so excited that he found me a Disney game it was super sweet, lol. I think it’s really cute but it is pretty unfairly tricky at points and considering all the movies and such they had access too it’s pretty barebones.

Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale: When I looked this game up to double check the name it seems like it actually got fairly good reviews? But I could’ve sworn when I initially bought it and looked up people’s thoughts there were complaints about it being too easy and not engaging. I think the game is so, so sweet.

It is really easy - there’s an “automatic” battle mode where it chooses the moves for you and I don’t think I’ve ever lost a fight. But I don’t mind! It makes it a really relaxing game knowing that there’s nothing really at stake. I think the story is really lovely, definitely gives me fairytale vibes. The art style is pretty and the tiny farm you get is so cute. It’s not a very complicated or in depth game but I like how light hearted it is.

calico
i love cute games and this one is adorable, a lot of people who commented on the trailer kept saying it's ugly and not well made but it's literally £10
it was pretty buggy but i didn't have many problems while playing and they've fixed all the glitches in it now anyway

sonic forces
everyone i know hates this game but i loved it, it's so fun

animal crossing HHD
i've said it before many times, but this is the best ac game imo and i don't get why not many people like it

pokemon ultra moon
this is also a great game not many people seem to like, it's so fun and has so many features like taking pictures of pokemon, surfing, that photo shoot place i forgot the name of etc
it's not my favourite pokemon game but it's still lit and the trials were fun

also did anyone enjoy go vacation? that game was my life as a child and an old friend of mine used to mock me for playing it

Sonic Boom rise of lyric: it has negative ratings and I've heard that everyone HATES it. I got it like a year after it came out, I played it with my brother and I thought it was fun. The plot isn't really good, there isn't a whole lot to do after you finish the game, I agree it's trash compared to some other Sonic games but I liked playing it when it came out.

I also liked Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, I got it a year after I started playing NL. It can get boring but the customization options and furniture is what made it fun.

Last edited:
Pokemon Sword/Shield. Yes it has a ton of problems and yes I feel like the devs should have done things differently to make the game a lot better, but I still really enjoyed it. I'm always up for exploring new Pokemon regions and filling out my Pokedex. The threats the devs received were so uncalled for. Constructive criticism was more than enough for the devs to know that fans weren't happy.

Also Fire Emblem Fates. I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan but it's among the lowest on my list when ranking my faves from the series. But that doesn't mean I didn't like it. Sure the story was meh at best but I really loved a couple of the characters and the gameplay was still solid. This game often gets called trash by the fandom but I don't think it deserves it. Sure it's not as good as most of the rest of the series but it's not a bad game in general either.

I actually like a lot of "walking simulators" like Gone Home. I appreciate atmosphere and story, so it doesn't matter to me if games have a lot of game-y elements to me. With games like "Night in the Woods" sometimes I actually prefer if the mini-games were taken out since it can pull you out of an immersive story.

Back