• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's a game you don't like, but enjoy the soundtrack of?

SmoochsPLH

Happy vibes ✌️🌈🎈🧸
Bells
Switch
7883-3221-7710
Cherry (Fruit)
Red Lily
White Lily
Yellow Lily
Pavé
Matryoshka Doll
Black Hybrid Rose
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Are there any games you don't enjoy or even haven't played, but you enjoy the soundtrack for them? Here's some of mine:

☀ Um Jammer Lammy: I just haven't had the chance to play this game and I'm not sure if I'd like it, but I adore the soundtrack alot, especially WE ARE MILKCAN!!
☀Crash Twinsanity: Never got to play this one before either, but I love the soundtrack a whole bunch!! Very different from usual Crash games.

i guess league of legends lol
it's not that i don't like the game, but i have never played it and i have no interest in doing so
HOWEVER the music is the most lit thing, also the videos are beautiful, it's like they just made a game to advertise their music haha

I don’t enjoy the Persona series at all and have a strong dislike for it as a whole, but can’t deny it has a killer soundtrack. Specifically,

Never played a persona game and it's definitely not something I care for either, but I do like the little cat dude. Whatever his name is. ;w; Have to admit the songs you linked are pretty good.

i guess league of legends lol
it's not that i don't like the game, but i have never played it and i have no interest in doing so
HOWEVER the music is the most lit thing, also the videos are beautiful, it's like they just made a game to advertise their music haha
OMG YES!!! I feel the exact same way. Do you like Get Jinxed?

OMG YES!!! I feel the exact same way. Do you like Get Jinxed?
i don't think i've heard of that one actually, but that's good i love hearing new music, i'll check it out soon 😁

i like all the k/da songs then also awaken, legends never die, light and shadow, giants, ignite and pheonix
those are also the only ones i've heard aha

I strongly dislike Fire Emblem: Awakening and the direction that the Fire Emblem franchise took for years after its release, but I have to admit that there are some good songs on the soundtrack.

Id (Purpose)

Chaos (Ablaze)

Divine Decree (Ablaze)

Miscreant

and more, but I feel like that's probably enough for one post.

If another game comes to mind, I'll make another post sometime.

Last edited:
I've never played this game I.Q.: Intelligent Qube but heard the music in a videogamedunkey video and fell in love! To me it sounds like something that should be in a game like Final Fantasy. It's really quite fantastic imo, especially for a soundtrack from just a puzzle game haha.

My personal favorites:

But if this appeals to anyone, the whole soundtrack is very much worth listening to! Here's a link to the full soundtrack playlist.

I don’t like Mario or Zelda games usually but I always love their soundtracks. Especially BOTW’s soundtrack!

I really don't care for Final Fantasy VIII, but it has a great soundtrack. The Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec orchestral arranged album Square Enix put out makes FFVIII's great soundtrack even BETTER.

Speaking of Final Fantasy, people like to make fun of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. I think it's OK. But honestly the soundtrack for that is AMAZING. I love it so much.

I don’t enjoy the Persona series at all and have a strong dislike for it as a whole
does this include 1 and 2?

because they're a far cry different from 3+, and not just in terms of gameplay. all leaning much closer to their smt roots, while 3+ goes the more mainstream anime-esque route

not that there's a problem if you still didn't like, but just saying, since most people only pay attention to 3+

though I think your answer would probably have to be mine too lol. haven't much bothered with p5 music, but I kinda majorly dropped off interest in the game after learning it just doubled down on various problems I had with p4 coupled with all the localization problems. but my experience with the franchise is that the music is all basically god-tier, so I doubt this game is any different too

does this include 1 and 2?

because they're a far cry different from 3+, and not just in terms of gameplay. all leaning much closer to their smt roots, while 3+ goes the more mainstream anime-esque route

not that there's a problem if you still didn't like, but just saying, since most people only pay attention to 3+

though I think your answer would probably have to be mine too lol. haven't much bothered with p5 music, but I kinda majorly dropped off interest in the game after learning it just doubled down on various problems I had with p4 coupled with all the localization problems. but my experience with the franchise is that the music is all basically god-tier, so I doubt this game is any different too

Yes, it includes 1 and 2. I’ve tried getting into it, and it’s... just not for me to be honest. In my experience though, every game in the series does have very good music, which is why I mentioned it as it’s the first series that came to mind with this type of thread.

In retrospect, I probably could have linked some music from the first two games as well. Just didn’t think of doing so at the time, lol.

I have to go with Crypt of the Necrodancer. This is one of many rouge-likes I can’t get into. The steep difficulty spikes and punishing nature just turns me off. What makes this game different is the catchy music. You’re supposed to move to the beat, so songs can get pretty intense. Even this opening level theme is a bop.

I wouldn't say I dislike Halo 2, I'm just not good at it cause I've never been good at FPS games. I actually do like the game, and most of that love is for the soundtrack. Marty O'Donnell did a great job with it. I particularly like the pieces titled "Heretic, Hero", "Epilogue", and "Unforgotten".

Last edited:
i dont hate this series i just haven't tried it yet, but this song is a banger

I have the feeling Sonic '06 will be on here a lot in the future... but personally... Sonic 2. I dunno, never really played the originals even though I have them.

It's not necessarily that I dislike Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch but I find the fighting aspect of the game really tricky. It's like they tried to mesh turn based with real time and I'm bad at it, lol. It's definitely keeping me from progressing even though it's beautiful and I absolutely adore the soundtrack!! The music is so pretty I love it so much. 💕

I loved playing Super Mario Land when I was a kid on my old Gameboy, however I find that now the replay value isn't there. I definitely don't hate or dislike the game, I just can't get into it anymore like I used to. With that being said, I love the song that plays during the ending credits as mario flies through the sky. I think I have my copy still in my apartment. I'll have to look for it now!

Back