• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games Too Difficult for You to Beat?

I could never beat the last chapter/mission in The Simpsons hit and run…….

I was like 12 years old or even younger and I couldn’t get passed a mission where you have to deliver a car holding nuclear waste. My car would just keep blowing up 😂

Now as an adult I’ve been trying to set up my PS2 to play it again and finished the game 😀

I have another game I can't beat outside of Cuphead: Smash Ultimate. Not even sure why I bought it but I literally cannot progress in the story/unlock characters because I can't win against the CPUs LOL. Also the UI is so confusing to me and I easily spent like 15 minutes just trying to get through to the screens I wanted. Melee is where it's at.

I regret getting SSBU literally every single day ughhhhhh 😭😭😭😭

...Fire Emblem, the older ones before they made permadeath optional. I-I got really far in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn but never did beat either. PoR I had a real shot too, I had accidently killed a recruitable character because I didn't realize I had to fight them with a specific character and didn't catch my mistake until after I saved, and my 'need every character in the end' brain couldn't continue so I restarted...and could never get back to where I was. 🙃 I am not great at strategy.

I tried playing Cuphead once, couldn't get past the first stage lol. I'm not a very skilled gamer so most games are too hard for me!

I usually am able to beat games once I throw myself at it enough times (though optional content is another thing entirely...), but I struggled through the first few hours of Bloodborne because

1. I am very easily scared and run-of-the-mill monsters would surprise me frequently

2. I am a slow-thinker strategy type person, so no pause button + scary content makes me panic and pterodactyl scream

I defeated Father Gascoigne and called it a win for that game lol

So I'd probably struggle through any simple Souls-type game. I also don't think I'd ever be able to finish a horror game if I started one, especially not one with zombies.

Anything souls related honestly, i really ain't about that kind of life for those types of games but shoutout to those who actually manage to beat em.

I dont finish most games but the two that come to mind that I couldn't due to difficulty were Cupheads and Bloodborne. I barely made it anywhere in either one before giving up since I knew it just wasnt going to happen.

So I beat this but I’m never going to get all the S-ranks on Cuphead lol. I can do Crash 4 but not this game, not feeling any incentive and absolutely hate the RNG dependence in a lot of S-ranking. It’s a great game but the postgame not so much

I’ll pretty much beat anything so long as I’m having fun, and I know that’s different from max% but I really can’t think of any games I stopped trying t9 beat because they were too hard. Even if that pisses me off I feel like I get to stick it to the game by beating it.

Back