• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Forcing villagers to move where you want (Naturally)

Also beware of what ordnance you have. In my case on my spare town, I did not have beautiful ordnance. This meant that I had to leave random spots open to allow weeds to spawn, along with the breakable rock. there did have to be multiple spots left (not just the required).

What did happen to me, is that when I left just the space available that I wanted, I had weeds appear there, which then let the villager spawn to a random (and of course inconvenient) spot.

And another gotcha, if you harvest fossils, then you need to leave spaces for them to appear also - this is why it is best to leave fossils + pitfall buried (and do not break the unbreakable rock) so that they do not throw off the space you want the villager to appear.

Ah, I wasn't completely aware of that. I have the beautiful ordinance, so I don't have to worry about weeds. But I do have bamboo grow on a space, and eventually had a villager move to a different space I had made. So, that's also true. I'll update the guide w/ that
Thank you!

If you demolish a pwp the day before a villager plots, are they ok to plot where it used to be?

If you demolish a pwp the day before a villager plots, are they ok to plot where it used to be?

If it's already destroyed, yes a villager can move there in the next few days (or can be forced moved in)

Last edited:
Placing paths to force them into certain spots is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I've never had it but I've heard it's pretty revolutionary.

I recently plot resetted for ?toile to move in on the perfect spot, and I was really excited that they didn't move in on paths anymore! Mao I followed the guides I've seen, I put a 5x5 path around a 3x3 space and left one space in front of it for the door and then placed diagonal paths everywhere in town especially around my little bush garden thingies. And then when I began, expecting it to be done quickly and easily, she plotted right in the front of the town hall, on top of my paths! I tried this again and again and double checked if I had definitely done it right, but I found no reason that she didn't plot where I wanted! Eventually I just found her semi-decent spot and let her stay there. It was a 3x3 space with a path running in front of it so it should have blocked the door as well as the fact that I had placed a path in the middle of it previously, but oh well. I was really annoyed at this, did anyone else have a similar experience?

Quick comment to say that a 'checkerboard' pattern usually looks pretty cute and blocks off a bunch of space.

I'm so grateful we don't have to plot reset for hours anymore ^-^

I recently plot resetted for ?toile to move in on the perfect spot, and I was really excited that they didn't move in on paths anymore! Mao I followed the guides I've seen, I put a 5x5 path around a 3x3 space and left one space in front of it for the door and then placed diagonal paths everywhere in town especially around my little bush garden thingies. And then when I began, expecting it to be done quickly and easily, she plotted right in the front of the town hall, on top of my paths! I tried this again and again and double checked if I had definitely done it right, but I found no reason that she didn't plot where I wanted! Eventually I just found her semi-decent spot and let her stay there. It was a 3x3 space with a path running in front of it so it should have blocked the door as well as the fact that I had placed a path in the middle of it previously, but oh well. I was really annoyed at this, did anyone else have a similar experience?

I did trying to plot Dobie. The game will ignore paths and move villagers in on top of them if no other space meets the requirements - space and less than 3 permanent buildings already in one acre (I think).

Thank you for posting this. :) I recently came back to my games and the thing I dreaded the most was plot resetting.

This is a great guide! My tip would be when you can put grass pattern behind trees and bushes. Makes move in not happen there and added bonus of making fossils easy to find. It really does work my villagers are all plotted in a line and it's wonderful.

I still plot reset even if I have paths everywhere. They still sneak a house in a spot where you unfortunately didn't realize you forgot to path. This is a great guide but plot resetting is still suggested even if you path.

Back