• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

First game you ever completed

I can't really remember if I completed any of the Wii games, but the earliest game I do remember completing is Life is Strange

What was the first game you have ever completed?

When I was like 6 or 7 years old I had completed a kid's game called littlest pet shop beach friends over and over again
But for real video games with actual challenges was possibly legend of Zelda ocarina of time 3D
But before that I have triggered the credits in mariokart Wii (if you are reading this i promise I am trying my best) but I think that was just becouse somone unlocked the final cup and after that I had raced those tracks a few times.

Pokemon Yellow and Zelda Ocarina of time, I completed them both on the same day but yellow came first. I love both and still play on the original consoles to this day!

Jak and daxter the precursor legacy 🎉

I was going to say the first game I ever completed was Paper Mario, but that actually isn't true. When I was really young, I owned a PC game called Mr. Potato Head saves Veggie Valley. You had to travel down a linear path from his home to the fair and do a bunch of tasks to bring a rain cloud to the valley to water all of the vegetables. I played it probably a hundred times. My options were limited in the mid 90s so I played that and Highlights a lot lmao.

The first game that I ever completed on my own was one of the Bratz games for the games for the Nintendo Gameube when I was a little kid.

I think it was Pokemon Diamond or Pokemon Platinum. I was a Pokemon fanatic as a kid so those are really the only two options it could've been.

Littlest Pet Shop: Garden for the DS was my first game I ever finished iirc. It had gotten to a point where there were no more areas to unlock and that basically qualifies as finished lol. I guess you could also include Kirby Super star ultra: spring breeze but that’s technically a mini game and i wouldn’t count it since completing that game would be finishing every game within the game which was too hard for my 8 year old self lol

It was probably Super Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat 2 on SNES.

It was either Zelda Ocarina of Time, or Final Fantasy 7

They were my brother's copies of the game, and it's their fault I still have a gaming addiction.

I still go back and visit these games for replays every so often. When Zelda OoT came out on 3DS I was so EXCITED - being able to play it on-the-go on a little hand held machine was the dream. I still haven't tried the FF7 remake, but I've had people tell me to get on it lol. I'm just worried it won't stand up well against my nostalgia goggles view of the original, especially since i'm not such a big FF fan anymore (didn't really enjoy FFXV, and although I enjoyed FF13 a fair bit, in my opinion it didn't stand the test of time compared to older titles in the franchise).

star wars shadows of the empire, no clue how i did it at 5 because its stupidly hard lol, its a early 3d game and movement is basically your worst enemy, you literally drift sideways in air from jumping lol

1617062062903.png
1617062215813.png

also the sewer boss was kinda terrifying as a little kid, doesnt help that you can barely see it underwater

Last edited:
I believe it was Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story in 2011. Not sure if it counts though since I used cheat codes.

I don't actually know since I was introduced to games at such an early age I don't remember a time I wasn't playing them. Probably Super Mario Bros if I had to guess.

I think the first game I ever beat was Pokemon Fire Red when I was like 9 or 10. I remember I had under leveled pokemon except for a level 89 charizard, and my strategy was to spend all my money on revives and full restores lmao. Other than pokemon I remember beating Kirby and the Amazing Mirrors when I was 12 or 13 I think. I was super proud of myself because that game was so hard!

Crash Bandicoot Warped on the PlayStation when I was a kid. I really enjoyed that game. I think that was the first one. I didn't get the gold ankhs and one of the diamonds from each level I didn't get. Got the other stuff and finished the story.
If it wasn't that, then it would have been Rampage World Tour on the PlayStation with a friend.

Pokemon Ruby when i was like... six? it was both the first game i owned on my own (anything else i'd ever played was loaned to me by my older sister) and the first game i ever beat. i'm super fond of Hoenn to this day and always pick Ruby for both gens 3 and 6 because of it :')

In all truth? I never really "finished" my first full game as a kid as I remember having friends and family help me get through most games lol. I think the first one though was LoZ:OOT.

The first ever game I ever fully completed would be Mario party 7. I remember grinding out the points in order to collect all the souvenirs from the shop as well as all the characters. I even played each mode once fully as an added challenge to boot. Fun game to complete with lots of fun ideas, especially with the mic! :)

Back