• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fire Emblem Engage

Well it's been months and I've still not finished the game. I've returned to playing it, however, and intend to finish it just so it doesn't sit in my Switch backlog any further than this year. I also really want to see the ending too, so might as well.

Before finishing the last two chapters of the main story, however, I started the DLC like I intended to. Doing it on hard difficulty right now and it's not too bad. I'm currently on chapter 3, so about halfway done with it. The story is interesting for the DLC, it's basically like what would happen if ____ character didn't make it.

I do have to say, with regards to Three Houses, I actually prefer Engage more, for some of the reasons Holla already mentioned in this thread, but also because all of the routes + the monastery in Three Houses just always felt super overwhelming to me. It's been years since it released and I've still only finished one route in Three Houses because of that.

Anyway, I'll only post here again once I've finished the game with my final thoughts. I do believe they executed well with this game, even if it's not a stand-out in the franchise as a whole.

Back to say that I haven't finished the game yet, but I've made more progress on the DLC. Just finished chapters 4 and 5 on [Hard] [Classic] mode. I have to say, the difficulty spike between those two chapters is insane. Especially considering the sub-bosses have three health bars, same as the final boss in chapter 5. I ended up having to let Panette die at one point, but I Googled it, and thankfully characters you bring with you to the main campaign in the Fell Xenologue DLC cannot die permanently, even in Classic mode. I'm a bit upset because I've been trying to keep everyone alive up until now, but at least now I can rest easy if I make a mistake somewhere and someone kicks the bucket.

Also, my avatar/main character ended up surviving that chapter 5 battle at only.... 1 health point. Him dodging another magic blast from a faraway opponent was quite literally the play of the game, LOL.

p3CYBMu.jpg

7TRUjeE.jpg

Up next I just have the final chapter of the DLC to go, and then I will return to the main game and finish the final two chapters in that, 25 and 26. Can't wait! 😁

Up next I just have the final chapter of the DLC to go, and then I will return to the main game and finish the final two chapters in that, 25 and 26. Can't wait! 😁
Good luck! You’re going to need it. I’ve seen some people online complain about this chapter. I played it on normal mode, so it was bearable for me.

Good luck! You’re going to need it. I’ve seen some people online complain about this chapter. I played it on normal mode, so it was bearable for me.

Yeah, I scouted it out just now and it's like... not super difficult, but you do have to do a lot of things a certain way in order to succeed. I ended up letting too many reinforcements spawn, so I didn't complete it on my first try, but I always keep an earlier save just in case. I have a rough idea of what to do now, and thankfully a lot of my units are paired well with emblems, allowing me to be creative with how I deal with the enemies on this map.

Perhaps my favorite battle from the map so far was when I had Yunaka & Lyn's doubles active, and... well...

I expected more out of you, Fogado...

Anyway, I'll probably redo the map again at some point soon with a more strategic focus on everything, in order to win.

Love FE Engage <3
I still can’t believe people didn’t (don’t?) like Alear’s design when they are so beautiful. ^ - ^

Back