• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

favorite genre of music?

Progressive pop, jazz, and of course rock. Avant-garde music is also really amazing.

I tend to listen to A LOT of J- Pop. Gotta wear headphones so those around me dont get confused by the lack of english.

I listen to A LOT of Rock, Punk, and Metal. A lot of different types of them to. I literally can not listen to anything else xD except video game/anime soundtracks

industrial, heavy & black metal, post rock & psychedelic, synth & dreampop, goregrind
edit: i like rap too, but it's hard for me to like someone who does that

Last edited:
Any type of indie and rock, I like. ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)
Rap is okay if it's twenty one pilots (in my opinion) bye

Last edited:
i like a lot of stuff!
i tend to listen to a lot of chillhop / japanese hip-hop (nujabes, evisbeats), rap (lupe fiasco, joey bada$$, a$ap rocky), as well as lots of elliott smith, alex g, jeff buckley, etc
lately i've also been loving the album "foreverly", a collab between billie joe armstrong and nora jones - it's a collection of covers of traditional folk songs by the everly brothers... so beautiful!!

rap and pop basically but it's mostly ppl like j cole, logic, ariana and troye

Metal, psych rock, ambient, etc. I like a lot of styles of music.

80's rock and metal - Alice Cooper, Whitesnake, Pantera, Megadeth, Rammstein, etc.

Last edited:
I honestly don't listen to anything other than soundtracks from musicals, opera and classical music. Some old jazz and big band sometimes.

When people ask me what kind of music I like, I say, "I don't really like music" because it... might make me look like less of a dork?

I like classical music and punk rock. It weird to have these two generas as my favorites but I really like these two genres of music.

Kind of enjoy anything that sounds 80s-y; new wave, synth pop and stuff like that. Also love dream pop and any sorts of chilled-out songs

i mainly listen to punk (tho pure punk can b... pretty bad ... sometimes) , rock, and pop if mixed with punk, rock, indie or w/e alternative . im not rly into pure pop thooooo electropop is real neato .

absolute favs are punk rock and pop punk tho.

holy how many different genres of music are there? I thought that there was like, five. I like most music, that I know exists, at least.

Back