• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Artists

Dunquixote

Water King
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
For those who follow artists on Twitter, Tumblr or other websites, who are your favorites artists and why? Tell me a little about them like what do they draw and whether they draw traditional or digital. Links would be appreciated but aren’t needed.

My favorites at the moment are:

1. Hellyon White - you can find her art here as well as here. She is the reason I wanted to start drawing. She does digital art—does a lot of commissions for voice actors; a lot of her art is Fire Emblem.

2. Saasya Akamaru: they draws with copic markers; you can find her here. They draw a lot of Lysithea and Felix art but other FE3H characters as well. I love the colors, the outfits they make, the poses and just about everything about their art.

3. Robaco - found their art by googling for some Hubert art. You can find them here. They make the best timeskip Hubert. Also I love that they ship Hubert and Byleth too :). The poses they put them in are so cute. They draw mostly Fire Emblem characters but they do some crossover drawings. They did some FE3H and Animal Crossing drawings, which inspired me to try to make my own. I love their art so much. They drew some pictures with cats in them too that were extremely adorable 🥺.

I’ve followed a couple more artists recently but, these three remain my favorite. :)

I have found some really good individual artworks too. Such as here, 2, and here.

My all-time favorite visual artist is James Jean: http://www.jamesjean.com/

I have numerous signed pieces from him and nearly all of his limited edition prints, as well as every art book he's released. I have a few other artists I casually follow but none compare to James Jean in my eyes!

I took a look and wow that is beautiful art. Such vibrant colors! Thank you so much for sharing! That is really cool that you were able to get some signed prints too! 🙂

Here is a small list of some of my favorites:

- Maruti Bitamin, lovely, detailed, colorful watercolor illustrations
- Eric Joyner, oil paintings of toy robots and donuts and other fun stuff
- Tran Nguyen, breathtaking illustrations
- Alaiganuza, a new favorite of mine. Still life paintings that pop. Digital and traditional
- No Talking Plz, kind of a weird one but I love their sketches and sense of humor
- Rob Rey, beautiful oil paintings of galactic women
- Pip n Pop, pastel wonderland installations
- Tina Yu, colorful, unique sculptures of ladies and critters
- Lucy Sparrow, they make many felt sculptures of various goods (stuff you'd find in a pharmacy or grocery store) to make one big installation
- Noah Verrier, more classical. but modern. Still life oil paintings
- Little Thunder, realistic anime style illustrations done traditionally
- Ana Bagayan, sci-fi drawings and oil paintings
- The legendary Alphonse Mucha of course

I could go on and on!!

Here are a few that I like:

Kaejunni - From Singapore. Draws art on a fairly regular basis. I’ve bought from them twice. Once for Fire Emblem art prints and another time for Fire Emblem T-shirts. I was overcharged the second time due to a shipping glitch but they gave me a couple options to work it out. Plus they sent me a few extra items that they no longer had for sale for the trouble.
YanimatorART - Canadian artist who I bought a Fire Emblem print and Sailor Moon charm from. I find them to be a bit pricey but they have a nice art style and I wanted to support someone local.
complexwish - American. I bought two Fire Emblem standees from them as I loved their art style
AerainArt - Canadian. Makes adorable Sailor Moon and Animal Crossing stickers at a decent price.
jordydraws - American. Makes really cute Fire Emblem/Animal Crossing crossover stickers. Basically Fire Emblem characters but in the Animal Crossing style.
SugarmintsArtstore - Canadian. Makes beautiful scenic prints from various anime. I have one of a Sailor Moon cityscape.

For those who follow artists on Twitter, Tumblr or other websites, who are your favorites artists and why? Tell me a little about them like what do they draw and whether they draw traditional or digital. Links would be appreciated but aren’t needed.

My favorites at the moment are:

1. Hellyon White - you can find her art here as well as here. She is the reason I wanted to start drawing. She does digital art—does a lot of commissions for voice actors; a lot of her art is Fire Emblem.

2. Saasya Akamaru: they draws with copic markers; you can find her here. They draw a lot of Lysithea and Felix art but other FE3H characters as well. I love the colors, the outfits they make, the poses and just about everything about their art.

3. Robaco - found their art by googling for some Hubert art. You can find them here. They make the best timeskip Hubert. Also I love that they ship Hubert and Byleth too :). The poses they put them in are so cute. They draw mostly Fire Emblem characters but they do some crossover drawings. They did some FE3H and Animal Crossing drawings, which inspired me to try to make my own. I love their art so much. They drew some pictures with cats in them too that were extremely adorable 🥺.

I’ve followed a couple more artists recently but, these three remain my favorite. :)

I have found some really good individual artworks too. Such as here, 2, and here.
Hellyon White is so good!! I actually bought a print she did for SK8 The Infinity! Her colour schemes are beautiful and I just adore her style!

Here is a small list of some of my favorites:

- Maruti Bitamin, lovely, detailed, colorful watercolor illustrations
- Eric Joyner, oil paintings of toy robots and donuts and other fun stuff
- Tran Nguyen, breathtaking illustrations
- Alaiganuza, a new favorite of mine. Still life paintings that pop. Digital and traditional
- No Talking Plz, kind of a weird one but I love their sketches and sense of humor
- Rob Rey, beautiful oil paintings of galactic women
- Pip n Pop, pastel wonderland installations
- Tina Yu, colorful, unique sculptures of ladies and critters
- Lucy Sparrow, they make many felt sculptures of various goods (stuff you'd find in a pharmacy or grocery store) to make one big installation
- Noah Verrier, more classical. but modern. Still life oil paintings
- Little Thunder, realistic anime style illustrations done traditionally
- Ana Bagayan, sci-fi drawings and oil paintings
- The legendary Alphonse Mucha of course

I could go on and on!!

Wow! They are all amazing. I took a look at them and I am absolutely blown away by their artwork. Thanks so much for sharing! I love seeing the different styles and focus. :)

Here are a few that I like:

Kaejunni - From Singapore. Draws art on a fairly regular basis. I’ve bought from them twice. Once for Fire Emblem art prints and another time for Fire Emblem T-shirts. I was overcharged the second time due to a shipping glitch but they gave me a couple options to work it out. Plus they sent me a few extra items that they no longer had for sale for the trouble.
YanimatorART - Canadian artist who I bought a Fire Emblem print and Sailor Moon charm from. I find them to be a bit pricey but they have a nice art style and I wanted to support someone local.
complexwish - American. I bought two Fire Emblem standees from them as I loved their art style
AerainArt - Canadian. Makes adorable Sailor Moon and Animal Crossing stickers at a decent price.
jordydraws - American. Makes really cute Fire Emblem/Animal Crossing crossover stickers. Basically Fire Emblem characters but in the Animal Crossing style.
SugarmintsArtstore - Canadian. Makes beautiful scenic prints from various anime. I have one of a Sailor Moon cityscape.

Thanks for sharing! All the art and products are beautiful/cute!

Some of my recent favorites are Brita Granström, Ellen He, and Jejé Constantino. I find all of their work really comforting. Bozena Wojtaszek also makes some really awesome textiles!

Beautiful art! They all have really interesting and cool styles!

Thanks so much for sharing everyone! I really enjoyed looking through these all :).

I hope that counts, but I mostly like foodbased artists (mainly because I'm too lazy to search for others 😆)

octopeaux - Really like the artstyle and he does a lot of custom villagers! (I think I found him here?)
jacobs_food_diaries - Look at that food!!
moonchu - From what I remember she's also from TBT. I absolutely love this simple, yet beautiful artstyle!
spilt_coffee - Makes me want to spill my coffee in the morning and do the same. It just would never look that good

I love this thread and learning about artists I haven't heard of before! It's so difficult to narrow down to a small list, so I will try to share Some of my go-to's by category:

Fanart and Pro artists
My teachers / idols
  • Qinni (RIP) an expressive talent that died far too young; loved her emotions and composition
  • Lemon89h (costumes and folds and complex garments)
  • Artgerm (copic markers, comic industry giant)
  • Jen Zee (Art Director at SuperGiant Games, makers of Bastion, Transistor, Hades, etc.)
  • RossDraws (YouTube giant)
  • Chenlongchung - lineart goddess
  • ArtSpaceLim - botanicals
Watercolor pros:
  • Heikala - relaxing time lapse pro
  • Parakid - it all started with THIS piece
  • Aurore Blackcat (graphic artist and the first non-anime artbook purchase I ever made; old-school talent that started in 1999!)
Scenery:
OC

Last edited:
I love this thread and learning about artists I haven't heard of before! It's so difficult to narrow down to a small list, so I will try to share Some of my go-to's by category:

Fanart and Pro artists
My teachers / idols
  • Qinni (RIP) an expressive talent that died far too young; loved her emotions and composition
  • Lemon89h (costumes and folds and complex garments)
  • Artgerm (copic markers, comic industry giant)
  • Jen Zee (Art Director at SuperGiant Games, makers of Bastion, Transistor, Hades, etc.)
  • RossDraws (YouTube giant)
  • Chenlongchung - lineart goddess
  • ArtSpaceLim - botanicals
Watercolor pros:
  • Heikala - relaxing time lapse pro
  • Parakid - it all started with THIS piece
  • Aurore Blackcat (graphic artist and the first non-anime artbook purchase I ever made; old-school talent that started in 1999!)
Scenery:
OC

I took a look at a few of these and wow, seriously incredibly talented (and I want copic markers even more now if i decide to continue with traditional art 🤩). I really love kidurarara’s art; some of it looked like it was straight from Fire Emblem Heroes. So good!

Thank you for sharing! Will take a look at the others as well! Seeing other artist’s art is just so inspiring and helpful to keep pushing myself to get better. :)

I was about to go on about Manet and Millais, but then I realized that this was aimed more towards modern artists 😅

Still, if you haven't seen their stuff, it's awesome!

The artist doesn’t have to be modern :). I’m interested in hearing about any artist anyone likes :) and reasons for liking their art. I have been actually thinking about taking another look at ild traditional artists’ works again now that I have a better appreciation of art (regardless that what I like is mostly fan art). I did visit some art museums in the past but unfortunately I had no interest in art at all back then.

I was about to go on about Manet and Millais, but then I realized that this was aimed more towards modern artists 😅

Still, if you haven't seen their stuff, it's awesome!
Totally agreed; that "Sinking Painting" Ophelia by Millais was my bookmark all throughout high school.

I have a whole 'nother list for classic art! There are too many to list, so I'll try for my top 5 (not in order).

1. I love Art Nouveau, but @Millysaurusrexjr already mentioned Alphonse Mucha. My favorite of his is The Seasons series:
    1626570226854.png
  2. Regency / medieval historical, Edmund Leighton, which spawned a parody or two:
    1626570275382.png
  3. Madame Le Brun, portraits and challenging the male-dominated field. I love this self-portrait with her daughter:
    1626570685740.png
  4. I know the Ninja-Turtles are popular, but dangit, Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Raphael are so baller!
  5. Ugh, I couldn't narrow it down to specific artists for the 5th, but I am a big fan of textiles and woodwork; check out these cool Edo era Japan works: https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/edop/hd_edop.htm

A few of mine:

Brian M. Viveros (traditional art) - His art is not for everyone, he usually depicts portraits of female "warriors" coming back from "battle", thus many of his portraits depict blood in them either in the form of scratches or little stains on clothing and/or skin. It's not a lot of blood or anything like that but I know some people don't like blood at all, so I won't be linking his full page but instead two of his pieces that do NOT have any blood just so you can get an idea of what his art looks like. AFTERDEATH | Brian M. Viveros (brianmviveros.com) LUSH | Brian M. Viveros (brianmviveros.com)

meyoco (digital) - meyo (@meyoco) • Instagram photos and videos Their art is so cute and the way they draw liquids inside objects is just so stunning to me

Shiroiroom (digital) - Shiroi💗Room (@shiroiroom) • Instagram photos and videos Their art is soft and girly and cute, I never thought I would love this type of art as much as I actually do lol

Peachmilk_ (digital) - Peachy You might know who this is, since they're a member of this forum and I cannot say it enough, but I love their art so so freaking much!

Last edited:
i like Hidari's work a lot. he does a lot of work for Vocaloid (a lot of album art, Mayu's official design, & he designed 2021's Magical Mirai Miku), work for light novels, & a lot of video game art and designs. his art is the entire reason i started playing the atelier series because he did the work for the dusk trilogy 😅 his style, the way he draws expressions, & use of colour are all really fantastic. here are some of my favourite pieces of his:

700.png

6a08420b7e05a5c50b898dbb6460c5bfc1a5c9ff.jpg

6297ba8a30f63de129497ba77668e876.png

7a20cb6054d93f98fd3d2fc9085c0e8df75eba5a_s2_n1.png

won't lie, i'm not really super into art, and most of the people i keep tabs on draw fan-art, so i won't share them because i don't want to expose myself asdfghjk. (nothing nsfw, i'm just a little embarrassed.) that being said, i did want to mention crumb (cuptoast) and mark crilley.

crumb mostly does super cute animation videos on
her channel, but also posts almost daily little doodles of her cat-sona on her twitter. (as well as some more detailed pieces occasionally.) she's really sweet and very talented for her age, especially considering that she draws with her finger. i actually first found out about her because she plays among us with a gamer i watch, and i just recently bought her hoodie lmao. it's hard not to love her cute, simple art-style imo.

mark crilley has been in the industry a long time and focuses more on traditional art/manga. back when i was around 13, and actually into drawing, i bought one of his "mastering manga" books, and that's how i first found out about him. i don't draw anymore, but i do watch his (usually) weekly videos on
his channel because he's got one of those voices i could listen to for hours. he makes a lot of how-to-draw tutorials (and has tutorial videos/playlists for 99% of things) as well as videos on advice/tips for making comics, writing stories etc. and even some motivational ones. great guy.

Last edited:
Julian Glander and Matthias Adolfsson

Do you mind elaborating a bit on why you like these artists and what kind of art they do? I know I could look them up, but I would like to hear your opinion on them since this is a discussion thread. :)

Back