• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Artists

i don’t really follow artists but i really like Kasey Golden’s art. she’s a youtuber, she makes interesting videos on her channel and i really like her art style & how she uses shapes. i don’t watch regular youtube anymore, i usually watch music related stuff but i occasionally find myself over at her channel.

i also Temmie Chang’s art. i wouldn’t say that follow her because she’s on twitter and I don’t have an account there. she was a main artist for undertale, even though i don’t consider myself apart of the fandom anymore i like her art.

I don't know a lot of digital artist or anything but i do love a lot of classic artists. Pretty cliché, but Vincent Van Gogh is probably my favorite artist. Just the life he lead and I feel I can really relate to some of the mental health issues he went through. I just wish I could hug him and tell him he was worth it and his art was good and is good and it just makes me feel something. I remember the first time I saw Starry Night at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. I saw it and I literally wept, like I just cried and I didn't even really understand much about art or Van Gogh at the time, but it just moved me to tears. I've loved him ever since.

For a more modern answer I would say I really love Jonna Jinton. She is an artist from Sweden she has a youtube channel and her art and videos which are also works of art have completely changed my life in such a positive way. She has just touched my heart and have really made me realize the need for so much less when it comes to material things. She's such an amazing human and such a strong woman. I really admire her and look up to her for that.

So I don't really follow any artists, but there are definitely some that have stood out to me whenever I've encountered their works.

David Mack - http://davidmackarts.com
Kabuki is my absolute favorite comic book series. It started off in traditional black and white and, while the art was good, it was really the story that pulled me in. However, in later issues, he switched to watercolors and that's when the artwork really became breathtaking for me. He would also work in the occasional collage or other unique elements for a comic book.

Luis Royo
I'm not going to provide a link because he has lots of NSFW stuff, but I first fell in love with his art when I randomly found a Dead Moon calendar. I've been obsessed with his work ever since.

Yo****aka Amano - https://www.yo****akaamano.com
He has done some fabulous artwork for Vampire Hunter D, Final Fantasy, and Sandman, which is how I became familiar with him.
It auto-censored his name. It should be Yoshi taka (without the space) Amano.

Rebecca Guay - Rebecca Guay MTG Art Store
My favorite Magic: The Gathering artist. Her style is so whimsical and works perfectly for the elven and fairy cards. Some of my favorites are Priest of Titania and Gaea's Blessing.

Jean-Paul Mavinga - http://mavinga.com
Even though his works are much more futuristic and sci-fi than my usual taste, I have to mention him because we were friends in high school. His skill impressed me then and even more so now. He was always extremely dedicated to his craft and just a really cool person as well.

Now to move on to some more classic artists:

Edward Robert Hughes
His work is simply ethereal. I used to own a very nice copy of his Midsummer Eve painting, but when I split up with my ex, he took it.

Francisco Goya
I was first introduced to his work through the movie Goya's Ghosts, which was excellent by the way. His later paintings were very dark and eerie. I love them.

Titian
There is something very soft and beautiful to me about the way he painted the female form. He was also known for the color Titian Red, which made his paintings really stand out.

So I don't really follow any artists, but there are definitely some that have stood out to me whenever I've encountered their works.

David Mack - http://davidmackarts.com
Kabuki is my absolute favorite comic book series. It started off in traditional black and white and, while the art was good, it was really the story that pulled me in. However, in later issues, he switched to watercolors and that's when the artwork really became breathtaking for me. He would also work in the occasional collage or other unique elements for a comic book.

Luis Royo
I'm not going to provide a link because he has lots of NSFW stuff, but I first fell in love with his art when I randomly found a Dead Moon calendar. I've been obsessed with his work ever since.

Yo****aka Amano - https://www.yo****akaamano.com
He has done some fabulous artwork for Vampire Hunter D, Final Fantasy, and Sandman, which is how I became familiar with him.
It auto-censored his name. It should be Yoshi taka (without the space) Amano.

Rebecca Guay - Rebecca Guay MTG Art Store
My favorite Magic: The Gathering artist. Her style is so whimsical and works perfectly for the elven and fairy cards. Some of my favorites are Priest of Titania and Gaea's Blessing.

Jean-Paul Mavinga - http://mavinga.com
Even though his works are much more futuristic and sci-fi than my usual taste, I have to mention him because we were friends in high school. His skill impressed me then and even more so now. He was always extremely dedicated to his craft and just a really cool person as well.

Now to move on to some more classic artists:

Edward Robert Hughes
His work is simply ethereal. I used to own a very nice copy of his Midsummer Eve painting, but when I split up with my ex, he took it.

Francisco Goya
I was first introduced to his work through the movie Goya's Ghosts, which was excellent by the way. His later paintings were very dark and eerie. I love them.

Titian
There is something very soft and beautiful to me about the way he painted the female form. He was also known for the color Titian Red, which made his paintings really stand out.

This is a late reply; was taking a hiatus when you wrote this. Been meaning to reply but never did ><.

I used to play Magic the Gathering (well more collect than play) and I loved Rebecca Guay’s art! I loved a lot of the art but hers always stood out the most to me. My favorite card she did was probably Elvish Piper ☺️.

Thanks so much - you and everyone who responded for responding and going into detail about why you like them and for the links. ☺️ I was browsing specific fan art or artwork but these all help me learn to appreciate so much more. Will definitely come back and look at all of these artists’ works again.

A bit of a stretch but i’d say edwin catmull, the cofounder of pixar and a very influential guy in computer graphics. computer graphics=art to me so therefore by extension he is an artist to me. He invented texture mapping, bicubic patches, and much more . .Also he is a digital artist of course.

Back