• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Animated Movie Opening?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
When animated movies start, they aim to draw you in right away. Disney, Funimation, Ghibli, DreamWorks, Blue Sky Studio's, Ilumination, ect. They gotta have the stuff to get a movie started,

If it's an uplifting song, or maybe a nefarious symphony. To a story, dramatic scene or maybe a spoiler. Openings are made to bring joy, fear, love, tighten our nerves. Welcoming us into the movie in their own special ways, hoping to spark curiosity!

If successful of course~

Mine are personally Rio, and Road to El Dorado. Musical wise. Also love Akira's opening! I sadly don't think I can show it, but it's awesome! ♡

So what're some of your favorite openings from any animated movie? Feel free to share videos

Last edited:
OOOOH my gosh, i really really love the original watership down opening.
i like how it's all spoken like an old folks tale. i think about it more than i thought probably.

OOOOH my gosh, i really really love the original watership down opening.
i like how it's all spoken like an old folks tale. i think about it more than i thought probably.
Ohh yes! How can I forget that one :3 I also love how the animation changed, and how it slowly became nerve wracking, and very unsettling ♡

These opening intros from my favorite Disney films growing up, they are really nostalgic, and perhaps the most iconic.

Is there really anything more unique then that Monster's Inc opening, it's so funky and fun 🥺 I think I've replayed it like five times now.

I also love the cars one, I actually had that song on my Playlist. It's so good.

Last edited:
These opening intros from my favorite Disney films growing up, they are really nostalgic, and perhaps the most iconic.

Toy Story was a major part of my childhood, I've lost count of how many times I've watched the first two! The intros for the first two are amazing, but the third one is incredible too!

Oh definitely Coraline! When I first watched it when I was about 9, it was not a movie that I wanted to see for whatever reason, but from the moment it started, I was immediately intrigued.

“Who is this doll?” “what is this hand?” “oooo cool button drawer!” “what’s going on?” “what will happens?”

Idk, the quality of the movement, the mystery of what was going on, all the little small close up detail, it went from a movie I thought was going to be boring to my favorite movie ever. I think that all began to happen with just that first sequence. I became quite literally obsessed with it and even got a tattoo as my 18 bday present!

(Also, I’m not quite sure why I thought it was going to be boring as kid thinking back on it)

the first one that came to mind was the hercules opening! i remember watching it for the first time and getting so hyped up. the muses can really sing!

something about the opening for the last unicorn always gets me, and i think it immediately makes you curious. (it definitely hooked me as a child.) plus, the whole movie is gorgeous.

The Lion King is definitely one of the best in terms of opening animated sequences. The Circle of Life shows us exactly what to expect from the movie and how the animals have a society where they all get along despite some being prey and some being predators.

I agree with Lion King. I also like the intro to UP. As do most people.

I know the question only specifies animated films, but my favorite movie opening of all time is L.A Confidential. It's perfect.

Disney/Pixar really do openings well however. I can't think of many studios that do it so consistently.

Back