• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Expand your Music tastes

German artists only? Or German rock bands only? What's the pre-requisite here? :p

Anything goes. The reason I'm more into the German bands is because I was trying to learn German and then stopped a while back for no apparent reason.

Ello,

I think it'd be pretty cool if we recommended each other some albums for each other to listen to. Hopefully we can expand some peoples views on music because there's seriously so much good music out there it's ridiculous. And the sad part is that most of it will probably go unheard because:

A: It's really underground
or
B: People won't give it a chance because they're used to their current tastes in music.

If you've got open ears, feel free to give new things a listen.

You can recommend anything from Experimental, Synth-Pop, Drum & Bass, House, Pop, Alternative, Classic Rock, Jazz, Metal, Orchestrated Music, or even Video Game music. My goal is to just immerse people in the world of music.

What we'll do is you post an album that you want people to hear and than you listen to the album from the post above you.
(So an example would be if I put Lights - The Listening as my album, the next post made would have to listen to that album. And likewise, I would have to listen to the album that was listed in the post before mine).

Now, this thread doesn't have to be limited to JUST that. If you're looking for new music to listen to than you can listen to any album listed in this thread.

You can either buy the albums, listen to them on youtube, or my method, pirating them (SHH DON'T TELL.)
For those than don't pirate things, you can just post the tracklisting and a youtube link.

Now, without further delay, let's get this thread started :)

View attachment 3799

James Blake - Overgrown.

It's a really laidback album that was released this year in April. According to the wikipedia article, it's "post-dubstep" but it's really anything but dubstep. Maybe REAL dubstep, but not anything like Skrillex.

The second track off of the album, I Am Sold.

Tracklisting
"Overgrown"
2. "I Am Sold"
3. "Life Round Here"
4. "Take a Fall for Me" (featuring RZA)
5. "Retrograde"
6. "DLM"
7. "Digital Lion"
8. "Voyeur"
9. "To the Last"
10. "Our Love Comes Back"
I think everyone should give the band “Gorillaz” a chance, every single album has a different genre and vibe to it and their really good

I found this a long time ago and I still think it's pretty good.

Anything goes. The reason I'm more into the German bands is because I was trying to learn German and then stopped a while back for no apparent reason.

Gotcha. My favorite German artist is probably Clueso or Schiller.

This is one of my favorite songs of all time, featuring vocals by Xavier Naidoo.

Umm, okay, this is amazing! o_O

Gotcha. My favorite German artist is probably Clueso or Schiller.

This is one of my favorite songs of all time, featuring vocals by Xavier Naidoo.
I haven't heard music by Schiller in a long time. I never actively gone out of my way to listen to them (or him now). I just know about Schiller because I used to listen to a lot of trance music during high school.

i rediscovered this when listening to my radio. i think i played it on guitar hero a lot?

Back