• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia X: The Honnō-ji Incident [Game Over/Town Win]

Hey I only claimed to you and Trundle this game. I only fully outed myself to Noodle once I got confirmation from you that they're legit. :) And I dunno Jer, the Mafia team had so much potential to be the best but infighting and lack of communication (there, the thread, outside both?) really screwed them in the end.

They were legit, yeah, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be converted. That's why I was much more open about everyone once Alice died.

Judging by the discussions that went on in scum chat, they weren't a threat. If they coordinated better and killed the people who weren't likely to be protected, or for that matter, the people who were never protected, such as Noodle or Bani, they would have done a better job.

I'm curious, how come you trusted everybody when only ONE person used their action on you? There were a lot of claims that you just seem to have trusted without any proof that they were that role whatsoever.

You can't expect mafia to somehow know that Bani was the bodyguard. That would be quite the lucky guess. How would they know who isn't protected at all? Or that MissNoodle was a doctor?

I trusted them because all blues claimed to me eventually and I just assumed there were x amount of each role. I didn't have to trust them 100% either, which is why I didn't tell them who other blue roles were. And that was because they could be converted as well. I also didn't tell the doctor claims to protect detectives right away. They were protecting Trundle, who was just a normal townie. Tom just happened to protect himself one night. That was when I decided the doctors had to protect all of the blues and just rotate on Tom and Kiss. Tom was targeted and Kiss was role-blocked so I assumed they found out their roles.

You can't expect mafia to somehow know that Bani was the bodyguard. That would be quite the lucky guess. How would they know who isn't protected at all? Or that MissNoodle was a doctor?

I trusted them because all blues claimed to me eventually and I just assumed there were x amount of each role. I didn't have to trust them 100% either, which is why I didn't tell them who other blue roles were. And that was because they could be converted as well. I also didn't tell the doctors to protect detectives right away. They were protecting Trundle, who was just a normal townie. Tom just happened to protect himself one night. That was when I decided the doctors had to protect all of the blues and just rotate on Tom and Kiss. Tom was targeted and Kiss was role-blocked so I assumed they found out their roles.

Jer, for the third time, I will say it. If they coordinated better and killed the people who weren't likely to be protected, then they would have done better. You know full well that newbies aren't likely to be protected. You know full well that the people that are likely to be protected, game after game, are Karla, Trundle, you, me, Superpenguin, Tina, Tom, and Justin just to name a few. (I mean no offense if I left your name out)

People who don't get protected? Newbies like Bani. Purpl. MissNoodle. These are the people who should have been targeted. Mafia should have caught on that the strong players were being protected and targeted the newer/not as strong players. But they didn't, and that was part of their downfall.

- - - Post Merge - - -

They had no idea who would be protected, but you're supposed to guess who is going to be protected, and take action off of that.

Jer, for the third time, I will say it. If they coordinated better and killed the people who weren't likely to be protected, then they would have done better. You know full well that newbies aren't likely to be protected. You know full well that the people that are likely to be protected, game after game, are Karla, Trundle, you, me, Superpenguin, Tina, Tom, and Justin just to name a few. (I mean no offense if I left your name out)

People who don't get protected? Newbies like Bani. Purpl. MissNoodle. These are the people who should have been targeted. Mafia should have caught on that the strong players were being protected and targeted the newer/not as strong players. But they didn't, and that was part of their downfall.

As mafia and serial killer, I never tried killing noobs / reg townies. You want noobs to be left at the end of the game, not strong players and blues.

Wow, I would of never thought the mafia would ever consider killing me n1.

As mafia and serial killer, I never tried killing noobs / reg townies. You want noobs to be left at the end of the game, not strong players and blues.

Except once you realize that the strong players have been protected night after night, you would probably switch to killing the noobs, right?

It's this attitude that keeps causing mafia to lose. The strong players will be protected, everybody knows this. The noobs rarely are protected, it's perfect for killing!

Except once you realize that the strong players have been protected night after night, you would probably switch to killing the noobs, right?

It's this attitude that keeps causing mafia to lose. The strong players will be protected, everybody knows this. The noobs rarely are protected, it's perfect for killing!

It's another mafia catch 22 though. Because then town will stop protecting those types of players if they think that's how mafia will react.

It's another mafia catch 22 though. Because then town will stop protecting those types of players if they think that's how mafia will react.

And that's part of the game. Both teams have to try and anticipate what the other team is going to do.

But if you take out the noobs at the beginning of the game and leave the only the strong, they'll all start to turn on each other.

Honestly, in this game with all the open blue claims that went on to Jer, mafia should've realized that several weak players held blue roles and could've narrowed them down based off of Jer's reactions on who to lynch and names that were discussed. I figured Out Lynn was a blue when she refused to tell me her role, yet all bushis openly claimed when I asked.
Apparently Jer had told the blues not to claim, but no warning was given to the bushis.

I love reading scum chat at the end of games and seeing how much havoc I caused :)

Back