• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Dream Reviews REBOOTED

LUNA

PATH: I love the stone paths, they fit so nicely with the trees, bushes, and clovers. Although, you can still see the color is off with the dirt and grass.

PWP PLACEMENT: Mmmm...I like the flower arc placements although the picnic area is hard to beat. Log benches are in a good place too, I like the trashcan being placed next to one. Hammock is perfectly placed and it fits well with your forest theme. I love diagnal bridges. The good thing about yours is it doesn't have a weird pattern path that tries to fit with it, you don't even put a path, just clovers :). I've been kind've on the fence with signs because I can barely read them without putting my 3DS up to my face. Campsite is okay but it'd look nice with a bunch of trees but it seems there's no room, heh.

LANDSCAPE: Eh...not a fan with the amount of flowers but they do seem to lay out a path so there's that and hey! At least the colors look good! Bamboo actually working outside of a zen town? Fantastic.

THEME: Cute/Forest have never really worked with me. The FairyTale clock next to the re-tail seems out of place. Forest is my favorite theme and you do it better than others!

FINAL THOUGHTS: I love when dream towns offer clothes or gifts.
+10 for
SCOOT
SCOOT
SCOOT

Late reply but thank you so much! The grass colour matches the grass when its daylight but i believe my da's at night? So the colours a little bit off.
Thank you so much again~ and YES FINALLY SOME SCOOT LOVE

I would luv a review :)

TOWN NAME: Birdsong
DA: 5400-2760-5968
THEME: cutesie
HOUSE:all 3 are pretty much done.
ADDITIONAL INFO: PLEASE note, that Ruby and Coco are just visiting while I do the 16 villager cycle to bring Francine back in. (will also be bringing in Diana). They're placements are at the bottom with the rest of the villagers. The empty spaces have flowers with their initial. Also all 3 houses are pretty much done. I think I still need to put corresponding music in the houses on each side, but other than that they are also done. The only pwp I am unsure of in my town is the geyser. Also, I designed my paths. They are not qr codes.

Last edited:
TOWN NAME: tokyo-3
DA: 4900-4195-1774
THEME: pink/foresty
HOUSE: lilith's house
ADDITIONAL INFO: if you've got any advice for the campsite area i would really appreciate it! ^O^

TOWN NAME: West End
DA: 5800-4674-9790
THEME: Cute/Horror
HOUSE: Mike's and Walker's
ADDITIONAL INFO: Horror elements aren't noticeable unless you look into the houses and PWPs. The town is supposed to be hiding a not-so-innocent history behind a cutesy facade.

Oh ok, I totally understand. Stuff like that is important. Anyways, I believe my town is the next town for you to review, and I've been updating it a lot, because I'm working on it a lot! :3

A villager moved in right where I had bushes/flowers so there is a slight lack of plants by the Police Station. >:I He's gone now, though. The front of the town by the Train Station is being worked on, but it has come to a halt due to two villagers moving right where I was working. I am working on the path to my house as well. And the area around the Campground is complete, as well as around the Cafe.

Too many details? lol :3

Hey there. My dream address is 4500-2112-7830. Go ahead and take a visit if you'd like.
I will warn you though, it's a work in progress, and only some areas are complete (though I may add more to them) such as the Re-Tail area and by the police station. Those places are missing some flowers, because i haven't gotten them yet. It's kind of messy in some places, because like I said, it's a WIP. Thanks. :3

edit: I forgot to mention that I will add paths/ground designs, when it's finished.

extra edit: lol, I totally didn't see the form. That goes to show how unobservant I am. :3

TOWN NAME: Avalon (the name of King Arthur's medieval island)
DA: 4500-2112-7830
THEME: nothing, really. maybe modern.
HOUSE: E

I will say that I don't expect my town to be anywhere near the other towns posted. So, give me harsh criticism if you want. I don't care. :3

I will also say again that my town is NOT COMPLETE. There is stuff lying on the ground in some spots, random flowers, etc. etc. The shells around the town tree are meant to be there, though.

Also, I've started using random flowers of the same color, for example in an area of red roses/carnations, I took them away and randomly scattered every type of red flower.

Avalon

Path: N/A Recommended: Dirt Path or Gray Brick Path(only if you plan on having bushes outline it)

PWP Placement: Flower clock is in a good place, just add a lot of emphasis on it. Campsite is in a good place and I like how the trees surround it. Cafe is in a really good spot and the outline of trees and bushes really correspond to the placement. Picnic placement is great when combined with the water fountain. Cube sculpture looks great.

Landscape: Part of the town is a bit scattered. I like the amount of trees as well. I also love the trees and bushes combined to form a path. Not sure why the bushes are different colors in the upper half. It'd be okay if one side of the tree was light green and the other darker green but just two bushes seem out of place. Too many flowers in one area, though. Show SOME grass.

House: Main room, the mannequins could be dressed better. More in a "rock and roll" fashion. One is just wearing a Mario hat which is iffy. Left room needs better placement if you are gonna use the card set. Seemed cluttered. The above room is Rococo which is one of the best sets. The placing of the Tower of Pisa, The Eiffel Tower, etc. is good but the house model should really be on a table. Also, the room seems pretty empty in the middle like everything is pushed to side. I know you're missing the coffee table so that might be it but better placement of the set could be the problem. Right room is okay but it still seems empty. It needs UMPH from an item or items. I do like how your house has albums hanging in some rooms. Upstairs is a bit better but now it seems everything is in one corner and the other three corners are blank. Downstairs is pretty good to be honest. The mixture of gold and creepy/spooky looks really nice.

Theme: N/A

Final Thoughts: I wrote a review for your town but it didn't get posted for some reason. Your town has a real OPEN atmosphere. Everything seems really connected. Just continue what your doing and you'll have a fine town.

TOWN NAME: Hanabera
DA: 5300-4769-7930
THEME: idk relaxing?
HOUSE: Ezusa and Ryuuzaki's mainly (Chihiro & Ame's houses are still WIPs)
ADDITIONAL INFO: Could you give me some ideas for infront of Stitches house and where the stone tablet/fountain is? Thanks c;

TOWN NAME: Kyoshi
DA: (EVEN IF IT'S IN YOUR SIG) 4400-4788-1706
THEME: it's based on The Legend of Korra and one other thing. You will notice right when you enter what the other thing is I liked both so much i couldn't' separate the two!
HOUSE: the houses are unfinished, korra's i'm still debating on the sets i put in there but feel free to let me know on hers since she's the only one nearly done
ADDITIONAL INFO: just know i'm still working on the other characters houses, and i am not done with my park that is by the townhall becuase LUCKY or BEAU wont request my damn jungle gym lol but do please let me know what you think! also dont mind the crap on the floor and beach im in between characters trying to fix everything lol

KYOSHI​

Path: Not gonna lie, I think the path looks god-awful. It hurts my eyes and I don't see it being Legend of Korra. I really expected Zen. It's not even...even. It's just all over the place and bleh...

PWP Placement: I see the little playground is looking great. I like the signs :) The horizontal bridge isn't connected to the path due to obvious reasons that your path cannot connect to it. This causes the bridge to look unconnected to the landscape. Why do you have a pyramid...? Why do you have a Sphinx...? Campsite is in a great place. Cafe not so much.

Landscape: ??? Legend of Korra? SO MANY FLOWERS ARGGGH.

House: Outside matches cute theme. Inside immediately matches cute theme. Main,left, right rooms do match the theme to cute, not Legend of Korra. North room is cute too. Upstairs is weird...Downstairs is okay but a little disorganized.

Theme:Never seen the show. Seen Avatar though. Expected Zen not Fairytale. This is not Legend of Korra. If it was a cute town, I'd forgive you but um, misled I suppose.

Final Thoughts: I have never seen Legend of Korra...but I have seen Avatar The Last Airbender (not the god awful movie, the tv show). I was really surprised to see you included Aang. It's really creative. Although, he just says "Thanks!" Most enjoyable part was seeing Marshal's face in the grass...or was it DON'T FORGET: YOU'RE HERE FOREVER
235px-Simpsons6x13.jpg
But yeah...moving on. Your town doesn't match what you told me...this is a cute/fairy town :L?

TOWN NAME: Tricera
DA: 7900 - 4630 - 6058
THEME: Medieval
HOUSE: Tops' finished room review pls
ADDITIONAL INFO: I dont have all pwps I want yet, the pwp placements are marked by gray blocks so please keep that in mind, thank you c:

KYOSHI​

Path: Not gonna lie, I think the path looks god-awful. It hurts my eyes and I don't see it being Legend of Korra. I really expected Zen. It's not even...even. It's just all over the place and bleh...

PWP Placement: I see the little playground is looking great. I like the signs :) The horizontal bridge isn't connected to the path due to obvious reasons that your path cannot connect to it. This causes the bridge to look unconnected to the landscape. Why do you have a pyramid...? Why do you have a Sphinx...? Campsite is in a great place. Cafe not so much.

Landscape: ??? Legend of Korra? SO MANY FLOWERS ARGGGH.

House: Outside matches cute theme. Inside immediately matches cute theme. Main,left, right rooms do match the theme to cute, not Legend of Korra. North room is cute too. Upstairs is weird...Downstairs is okay but a little disorganized.

Theme:Never seen the show. Seen Avatar though. Expected Zen not Fairytale. This is not Legend of Korra. If it was a cute town, I'd forgive you but um, misled I suppose.

Final Thoughts: I have never seen Legend of Korra...but I have seen Avatar The Last Airbender (not the god awful movie, the tv show). I was really surprised to see you included Aang. It's really creative. Although, he just says "Thanks!" Most enjoyable part was seeing Marshal's face in the grass...or was it DON'T FORGET: YOU'RE HERE FOREVER
View attachment 73757
But yeah...moving on. Your town doesn't match what you told me...this is a cute/fairy town :L?

thanks for the feedback! Yes I love Pink, yes I like a lot of flowers, I love marshal and I LOOVE korra. but I am not going to make it a zen town because that is not my taste. Maybe it is not based on Korra only, but I do have my characters based on Korra and working on their houses because I love the show. There is a spinx/pyramid CAUSE DUHH lucky. hes a bad ass and deserve that thank you very much ^.^

I'm glad you liked the sign, very awesome, i mean it, those villagers are staying there foreberz :D

and yeah I'd love to make my characters to say more, that was not AANG, that was Tenzin, his son, so they do look a lot alike :D all characters are from the show :D

Also I just got the fairytale bridge so I'll fix those horizontal bridges soon enough :D! Thanks again for the feedback this was fun
!

thanks for the feedback! Yes I love Pink, yes I like a lot of flowers, I love marshal and I LOOVE korra. but I am not going to make it a zen town because that is not my taste. Maybe it is not based on Korra only, but I do have my characters based on Korra and working on their houses because I love the show. There is a spinx/pyramid CAUSE DUHH lucky. hes a bad ass and deserve that thank you very much ^.^

I'm glad you liked the sign, very awesome, i mean it, those villagers are staying there foreberz :D

and yeah I'd love to make my characters to say more, that was not AANG, that was Tenzin, his son, so they do look a lot alike :D all characters are from the show :D

Also I just got the fairytale bridge so I'll fix those horizontal bridges soon enough :D! Thanks again for the feedback this was fun
!

Oh, I see. I thought it was Aang because of the really round face and child-like appearance.

Hey there. My dream address is 4500-2112-7830. Go ahead and take a visit if you'd like.
I will warn you though, it's a work in progress, and only some areas are complete (though I may add more to them) such as the Re-Tail area and by the police station. Those places are missing some flowers, because i haven't gotten them yet. It's kind of messy in some places, because like I said, it's a WIP. Thanks. :3

edit: I forgot to mention that I will add paths/ground designs, when it's finished.

extra edit: lol, I totally didn't see the form. That goes to show how unobservant I am. :3

TOWN NAME: Avalon (the name of King Arthur's medieval island)
DA: 4500-2112-7830
THEME: nothing, really. maybe modern.
HOUSE: E

I will say that I don't expect my town to be anywhere near the other towns posted. So, give me harsh criticism if you want. I don't care. :3

I will also say again that my town is NOT COMPLETE. There is stuff lying on the ground in some spots, random flowers, etc. etc. The shells around the town tree are meant to be there, though.

Also, I've started using random flowers of the same color, for example in an area of red roses/carnations, I took them away and randomly scattered every type of red flower.

Avalon

Path: N/A Recommended: Dirt Path or Gray Brick Path(only if you plan on having bushes outline it)

PWP Placement: Flower clock is in a good place, just add a lot of emphasis on it. Campsite is in a good place and I like how the trees surround it. Cafe is in a really good spot and the outline of trees and bushes really correspond to the placement. Picnic placement is great when combined with the water fountain. Cube sculpture looks great.

Landscape: Part of the town is a bit scattered. I like the amount of trees as well. I also love the trees and bushes combined to form a path. Not sure why the bushes are different colors in the upper half. It'd be okay if one side of the tree was light green and the other darker green but just two bushes seem out of place. Too many flowers in one area, though. Show SOME grass.

House: Main room, the mannequins could be dressed better. More in a "rock and roll" fashion. One is just wearing a Mario hat which is iffy. Left room needs better placement if you are gonna use the card set. Seemed cluttered. The above room is Rococo which is one of the best sets. The placing of the Tower of Pisa, The Eiffel Tower, etc. is good but the house model should really be on a table. Also, the room seems pretty empty in the middle like everything is pushed to side. I know you're missing the coffee table so that might be it but better placement of the set could be the problem. Right room is okay but it still seems empty. It needs UMPH from an item or items. I do like how your house has albums hanging in some rooms. Upstairs is a bit better but now it seems everything is in one corner and the other three corners are blank. Downstairs is pretty good to be honest. The mixture of gold and creepy/spooky looks really nice.

Final Thoughts: I wrote a review for your town but it didn't get posted for some reason. Your town has a real OPEN atmosphere. Everything seems really connected. Just continue what your doing and you'll have a fine town.

Thanks!

Path: Yeah, gray brick is actually what I was thinking, lol.

PWP: Thank you! I always thought the cube wasn't in a good spot.

Landscape: If you're referring to the flowers to the left of Papi's house, they're just there whenever I need flowers, I haven't done anything with it yet.

House: I don't really focus too much on my house, but more on the town. The mannequins I use for outfits in-game, not for decor, btw.

Final Thoughts: Thank you so much! ^ ^

Last edited:
Hi! I know you visited my town briefly yesterday when you bought my regal set, but I'd love for you to review my town. :) It's pretty much complete and the way I like it, but I'd still like to hear your thoughts on it.

TOWN NAME: Amyville
DA: 5100-3279-3612
THEME: Loosely based on Laverre City from Pokemon X/Y.
HOUSE: I have one house in my town, and I'd love for you to review it as well. :)
ADDITIONAL INFO: Please overlook the fact that one of my bridges is not fairy-tale. I didn't want to risk Isabelle telling me I couldn't rebuild it because it was so close to Bonbon's house. XD

AMYVILLE

Path: The path matches the theme and it's also very appealing to the eye. I like how you left some of the cobblestone from the plaza visible. It'd be better if it had a border and was maybe instead two tiles instead of one. Although, it does seem everything is squeezed together. The path intertwines with the town which is pleasing. I've never been a fan of water tiles too much because if a villager (such as Apollo were to walk over them, the illusion would be gone and such. However, your water tile is one of the nicest I've seen (dare I say...the nicest?) but it does lack a border so it's somewhat of a minus. Just curious as to why there is no path leading from the bridge on the lower left.

PWP Placement: Campsite isn't in a good area and it really seems dull. Boot statue next to well seems off. The well isn't next to anything. If it was next to the campsite, you could see it being connected there but not to a statue. Also, the statue should have more focus on it. Flowers, bushes, etc. Flower clock is in a great place actually. Water near it and such. Only problem is it looks bland where it really should be an image of the town. Put more focus on it. Moving through your town, it seems a lot of your PWP's are off or just not decorated enough. PWP's cannot stand on their own and they need an environment that matches it and emphasizes it. I like your bell placement, it fits right into the bend in the river. I also like the scarecrow placements. Seems very fitting for an autumn town.

Landscape: Flowers are oddly put and there isn't put of a pattern. Not sure why you chose pink flowers since they don't go well with your path. I think red/blue go great with gray but that may be me. Not sure what I feel about the stumps/mushrooms. I do like stumps and mushroom and view them as credit to a town but your theme doesn't really match them. Not to mention they seem out of place. If this was a forest, it'd be fine but they are just next to a path/river. Most trees are evenly spaced out which does add to your theme. Needs more bushes. Bamboo is lovely! Favorite part of the town, in fact. It's equally spread out, there isn't too much, and it doesn't change or destroy your theme.

House: I see you like Apollo...I expected the house to either be Rustic or Cabin. The mushroom set is placed oddly. The bed is in a really strange place and it looks like it's purposely blocking the way into the north room. Speaking of the north room, basic sweets set. Okay placement. East room has really nice placement of the ice set and there aren't out of place items. Okay, west room kinda scared me. Apollo seems to have left his image here. Again, good placement of the furniture but Apollo's face would fit better on a different set, not pink. Upper room, I kind've noticed your pattern. Most of the sets you used (pink, rococo, ice) all are set the same. Not bad, but I recommend doing something like a haunted house or a regular house (kitchen, bathroom, etc) because set after set isn't unique and doesn't fit the theme. There isn't immersion here, just blandness. The best room is of course the basement.

Theme: It's a very nice Pokemon themed town. However, I thought Laverre City was more rustic than fairytale.

Final Thoughts: I like that you left something around the tree for the dreamers. I recommend changing the music of the town to something nicer (1AM for example).I actually encountered the ghost in Pokemon on accident. Scared me and I immediately quit the game.

TOWN NAME: Bellmoni
DA: 4400 4833 7353
THEME: ... quaint?
HOUSE: Sure! Mayor Bee's house.
ADDITIONAL INFO: The town isn't finished nor have I dedicated a ton of time to collecting pwp suggestions so I don't have a lot up. But still, I think the trees and flowers make it all look quaint. You can have a peek at my house, the main room is the only finished one. I'm only now starting to care about the inside but it's getting somewhere! Thanks!

Also, Norski! We have the same maps tho mine is flipped 8D /geeking out/ /ineedsleep/

Last edited:
Thanks for your detailed review and constructive criticism! :) You're right. The campsite is really in an awkward place. I built it right away before most of my neighbours had moved in, and the day after that, Kidd happened to place his house right behind it. XD I didn't wanna get rid of Kidd, so I kinda just gave up on it after that.

I wanted to include a few mushrooms because Laverre City has quite a few mushrooms in it. Maybe I could think about moving them away from the river, though. I guess I went with a fairy-tale theme mainly because of the gym. Valerie uses Fairy-type Pokemon, and the gym has an almost dollhouse-like vibe to it. I can definitely see how rustic would have worked though.

I actually love the 1am music almost as much as I love the 7pm music. Problem is, I rarely stay up late enough to hear it. XD If I'm ever up at that time, I might consider uploading my town with that music. :D

Thanks again for everything! You've really given me some ideas and some stuff to think about.

Town name: Old York
DA: 6900-3322-0781
Theme: None
House: Review mine please.
Could you also review the villagers? Thanks a lot!

My town is still a work in progress that is under construction. It's the first town I ever built and probably a little random and unorganized because of it. So any criticism and suggestions would be welcome.

TOWN NAME: Terminus
DA: 5700-4749-3487
THEME: None
HOUSE: These are being themed after my favorite video games. Mayor's house and Sally's house are the most complete, though Sally's is still in need of another room and a few expansions. If you would like to give them a look through.

TOWN NAME: Sunshine
DA: 5200-2192-5957
THEME: It doesn't have a theme, but it does have "modern" elements. However, people have said it has a "Japanese" vibe.
HOUSE: Please! (I only have one character atm)
ADDITIONAL INFO: Some things I should mention about my town. The bare spots around the town will be filled in once I get my final dreamie. Since I only have one dreamie left, I plan on waiting until I see where she lands to start working on more PWPs. If any of the PWPs seem to be "off", it's because I played for months before laying down any type of pathway, so I had to work around what I had already built. The beach is filled with the items I'm selling in my shop, so just ignore that.

Also, please critique my house! I just rearranged the sleek room and I plan on turning the Gracie room into a Mush room for November. The Harvest room is still a WIP as I don't have all of the pieces yet. And if you have any suggestions for my Sloppy room, I'd love to hear them. I don't like how it's set up, but I'm not sure how I should change it.

That should be everything. I hope you enjoy my town!

It seems your dream address doesn't lead anywhere...

It seems your dream address doesn't lead anywhere...

Hmm, that's odd. Are you sure you entered it correctly?

I just asked Luna, and nothing seems to be wrong. It wasn't removed or anything.

HNI_0062.JPG

If there's still an error, I'll update it tonight so I can get the same music. I did update my TPC picture yesterday, dunno if that's why...
Of course I always have to be the one with a problem...

TOWN NAME: Sunshine
DA: 5200-2192-5957
THEME: It doesn't have a theme, but it does have "modern" elements. However, people have said it has a "Japanese" vibe.
HOUSE: Please! (I only have one character atm)
ADDITIONAL INFO: Some things I should mention about my town. The bare spots around the town will be filled in once I get my final dreamie. Since I only have one dreamie left, I plan on waiting until I see where she lands to start working on more PWPs. If any of the PWPs seem to be "off", it's because I played for months before laying down any type of pathway, so I had to work around what I had already built. The beach is filled with the items I'm selling in my shop, so just ignore that.

Also, please critique my house! I just rearranged the sleek room and I plan on turning the Gracie room into a Mush room for November. The Harvest room is still a WIP as I don't have all of the pieces yet. And if you have any suggestions for my Sloppy room, I'd love to hear them. I don't like how it's set up, but I'm not sure how I should change it.

That should be everything. I hope you enjoy my town!

Weird. I must have entered it wrong three times or something.

SUNSHINE

Path: It matches the season which is nice. The problem with seasonal paths is that they can look good with the landscape sometimes but other times, they conflict like in this town. The colors look extremely gaudy next to it. I don't think you should change the path, maybe the flowers are the problem.

PWP Placement: Flower clock is in a decent place because the surroundings fit surprisingly well. Not sure why you have the wind turbine...I know you said some PWP's were "off" but I'm not sure if you meant that you didn't have time to remove them or if you were keeping them. The wind turbine looks really out of place and it's not in the greatest spot either. Traffic Light is cute, first time I have seen it used. Campsite is in a good area. I like how it's pine trees here but everywhere else, it's fruit or normal. For picnic, try pink and white carnations/roses instead of red/pink tulips.

Landscape: I don't like the color of the flowers you chose. Yellow and white roses look really off and the pansies aren't that great either. I'm not sure if I should critique bamboo since you said your town might have some but it does bother me that it isn't centered or evened out correctly (it doesn't follow the path). Again, progressing through the town, the colors don't seem very appealing. They seem random and don't match anything that surrounds them. I like the stump area and the sign.

House: I admire that you used the diamond wooden modern set without the wallpaper and flooring. It really matches the season. It's unique and fashionable. I'd get rid of the hamster or at least turn him around. Doesn't look like he really belongs. Same goes with the dragon bobble-head. Purple/Green don't go well with the Orange/Brown. I like the music too. Jazz? Interesting but effective tune. I've seen the sleek set millions of times but the placement on here is really sharp. Have you considered maybe switching Fang and Rodeo's pictures so they match the surroundings better? Pink sticks out like a sore thumb. You said the Gracie Set is gonna be gone soon so I'll just leave it out for now... The Sloppy Set has decent placement. I'd throw out the classic bookshelf for something lighter or find something that can be refurbished. I'd also throw out the fireplace. I see you have two couches but I don't know if I like it. Exotic table is also kinda off-putting. I'd get rid of those tables so you have space for the couches and maybe another Sloppy table. Upstairs has really good placement. I like the music choice too. Downstairs doesn't exactly wow me. Add more plants! They look great with minimalist if done correctly.

Final Thoughts: Not sure if the stuff near the tree is meant for dreamers...I love your town map. The waterfall is facing vertically and you don't have split beaches. I really like the music too.
+10 Julian
+10 Fang
+10 Chief

Back