Do you prefer male or female singing voices?

Do you prefer male or female singing voices?

• Total voters
I don't really have a preference, but I will say that I coincidentally listen to more women than men.

I like them both equally. But if I had to choose, I guess I would choose female, because I love to sing. Female voices are easier for me to sing to.

Truth be told it really depends on the singer themselves in my opinion. I mean I love a massive variety of music with the main preference being metal and punk, and there are some amazing female musicians; Nightwish, Distillers, Within Temptation, Arch Enemy all have fantastic female singers. Of course though there are many many that are terrible, but there's also many male musicians that have amazing voices... so it depends on the person. Some also have great voices for their style of music but that don't suit other genres. I don't think I could pick which I prefer, too many variables because there's also mood. Sometimes you're in the mood for a heavy deep masculine voice and sometimes you're digging a more feminine tone.

Most of the songs I listen to are by male artists so I prefer them over female voices. Only around 5% of songs on my phone are female artists.

I don't have too much of a preference, although, I do prefer male voices ever so slightly because the music I like consists mainly of male artists (The Offspring, Motion City Soundtrack, Wolfmother, Good Charlotte, Green Day).

I don't have any specific preferences going into listening music but I do find that a lot of my favourite singers (Elvis, Dean Martin, Sam Cooke, Damien Rice) and favourite bands have male* vocals
I think it comes down to the actual voice for me tho some male voices don't do anything for me while some female voices got me feelin all sorts of ways hahah

Most of the songs I listen too are by male singers. This is mostly because I have really sensitive ears. If there's shouting match going on in my house, my ears start ringing basically immediately. I can't stand super high pitched voices, they really irritate me because my ears start hurting after a few minutes of listening to them. Makes my life more difficult than it needs to be tbh T_T

So basically I just prefer low voices, and it just so happens that males have low voices. :'D But I also really like songs that are sung by female voices, as long as they're alto, not soprano.

I can't believe this is even a question. Who would honestly say "oh I only like to hear girls sing" or "I only like to hear boys sing"....???

it's all determined by skill, what type of voice is better suited for certain songs, and personal preference. If the voice is beautiful and the singer is skilled in their performance, does it seriously matter whether it's a male or a female?

I can't believe this is even a question. Who would honestly say "oh I only like to hear girls sing" or "I only like to hear boys sing"....???

it's all determined by skill, what type of voice is better suited for certain songs, and personal preference. If the voice is beautiful and the singer is skilled in their performance, does it seriously matter whether it's a male or a female?

Read.

My sister and I were talking about music the other day and she pointed out that I tend to prefer songs with female singers while she prefers male singers. Do you have a preference? I still listen to many songs with male singers, but I tend to favor the female singing voices.

The question is asking if you have a general preference to male or female voices for the variety of your songs you listen to or if you tend to just have no preference and have an equal liking to both. Yes, each singer has their own unique, individual singing voice. I don't see why some people have to get angry about this simple question. I'm not trying to put down a sex here.

Not talking about their gender... I'm talking about their sex. Men and women tend to have distinguishable differences in their singing voices. This also isn't about individual singers. I'm asking in general if you tend to lean toward songs with male voices or female voices or you just don't have a preference and like both equally.

men and women are genders but k then whatever

men and women are genders but k then whatever
Biological sex still exists, and most people refer to this in terms besides male and female.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Seriously, guys. There are physical differences between males and females. Part of this affects the voice. This will have an impact on singing. Outliers do exist, and other factors come into play. The question isn't asking about that. This is not an individual basis. This is a general preference. No one is saying one is better than the other, just that they personally prefer one.

I prefer male singers. I've made lists of all the artists that I can think of that I love or like, and they're all men. Female singers.. Their voice just doesn't interest me. (Well, the only voice I can think of that interested me at some point was Whitney Houston) In my opinion, guys have more of a range. The bands I listen to can go super low, and super high. Which inconveniences me, as I want to sing along but I can't reach those notes.
Anywho, male singers give me the feels, and female singers rarely do.

Back