• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pumpkin or gourd, which do you prefer more?

Do you like pumpkins or gourds more?

• Total voters

Midoriya

Go beyond! Plus ultra!
Bells
Switch
1119-7626-0996
Island
Sumeru
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
The title says it all. Do you like pumpkins or gourds more? Personally I think pumpkins are great and all cause they can come in all different sizes and shapes, but gourds can come in many different colors and shapes, and I always thought gourds were more interesting, so I'mma have to vote for gourds.

Also, yes I know that they're from the same family tree, but they have enough differences to make for a good poll.

I like pumpkins more for autumn decoration. However, I prefer the taste of squash more. The pumpkins that grow where I live are smaller and come in various colours ranging from green to yellow, but not the big orange variety used for Halloween jack-o-lanterns.

I checked neither but only because there’s no “both” option. Pumpkins are a classic and great autumn staple, but gourds are so cute and charming! Love having carved pumpkins outside and little colourful gourds on the table for decorations.

For decorations I prefer dried Gourds. I think they just look interesting with their shapes. Also you can paint, carve, or wood burn stuff on them.

I love both.. 😭
But pumpkins are probably my favorite. There’s just so much you can do with one! I guess the same may go for gourds, too.. but.. punkin :3

I prefer a pumpkin! They scream Halloween to me, where as gourds give off a more general Autumn vibe.

i like gourds, they’re so ugly yet aesthetic.

They're both great in their own ways and I like them both, but I have a preference for pumpkins. While I have an obvious love for Halloween and the classic orange pumpkins that are most commonly used for jack-o'-lantern carvings, there are also plenty of other different colors and varieties and I think they're neat.

for decorating purposes, i like pumpkins more. whether they’re carved jack-o’-lanterns or just plain pumpkins, i think they add a beautiful touch to any fall or halloween decorating! i also love that they come in different sizes and colours; if the regular orange pumpkins don’t work for what you have in mind, then there’s likely a different kind of pumpkin that will!

regular orange pumpkins in particular are my favourite. i’ve been known to sometimes bring home a tiny orange pumpkin during spooky season, for decoration purposes and just to have a tiny little pumpkin “buddy” with me LOL. but i also like musquee de provence, jarrahdale, valenciano, and lumina pumpkins! 🎃

for eating, i prefer gourds. butternut squash is my favourite, but i also like acorn squash!

For carving or decorating, pumpkins are a classic and are definitely my favorite! 🧡🎃 I don't think I've ever actually carved another gourd, but maybe I should give it a try sometime. They're nice to see as decorations too! They add some nice variety.

When it comes to eating I'm the opposite—I like other gourds and squash but I've never actually given pumpkin a proper try! My immediate family don't like pumpkins in food so I haven't had the opportunity to try anything like pumpkin pie or other pumpkin-y recipes, but I'd like to someday.

Back