• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have a Tamagotchi?

I did briefly as a pre-teen but not anymore. For a while, I did use the app version but got bored after a while.

I used to have a v4 when I was a pre-teen, but I haven't had one since then. I remember it being quite stressful to play, but ultimately I joined caring for a digital pet!

i never got one when i was little so i ended up picking one up for myself awhile back plus i got one as a gift last year!
IMG_2006.jpg

i took the batteries out of them cause i was worried that they'd start leaking battery acid over time

i used to have one as a child. i was considering buying another one, as Tokyo Revengers themed tamagotchis were announced last year. im not sure if they have released yet, but i forgot to pre-order one. if i see one thats not incredibly expensive pop up anywhere, ill look foward to buying it.

not got a tamagotchi. i might have had one growing up but if i did then i've got no recollection of it

I had/have so many of the early 2000s tamagotchis I loved playing with them and trading items with others.

I wanted to get a new age tamagotchi but I am not sure what models are out and the only one I can find is $80 AUD which is way to much.

I had/have so many of the early 2000s tamagotchis I loved playing with them and trading items with others.

I wanted to get a new age tamagotchi but I am not sure what models are out and the only one I can find is $80 AUD which is way to much.
I recommend the Tamagotchi Uni! You can purchase it from an official source like Amazon for $60, and it's still being updated with regular downloads and events. At the moment, there's an arena event where you can compete in minigames against players online! Though it's more like a traditional Tamagotchi in the sense that it doesn't have breeding and gene mixing.

I recommend the Tamagotchi Uni! You can purchase it from an official source like Amazon for $60, and it's still being updated with regular downloads and events. At the moment, there's an arena event where you can compete in minigames against players online! Though it's more like a traditional Tamagotchi in the sense that it doesn't have breeding and gene mixing.
Oh that sounds pretty cool is this model the one with a colour screen ? Or black and white?

yes!! tamagotchi and virtual pets in general are my special interest, i'm a huge fan and have about 100 in my collection including other brands of virtual pets!

yeah, me and my sister got tamagotchis last christmas. they're the older version with the black and white screen, but if I can I might try to get one of the newer tamagotchis with the color screens!

No, but a friend let me play with theirs while we were on the bus for a field trip. (I think I gave it a bath?) It was fun, but I had a Neopet virtual game-thing (with the Aisha?). Anyway, I named her Xena and got offended when she moved away. (I had to go to school and couldn’t play it for a few days lol.)
I also watched Vinny from Vinesauce play a Tamagotchi game for DS and loved what he named his lol.

My sister had the generation 2(?) tamagotchi and she managed to figure out what each button did since it was only Japanese. I wanted one as well but I saw how much it beeped/pooped. Plus I remember since these became a hot item with my classmates, our elementary schools started to ban them and my mom refused to take care of them. So they always died. 🪦
latest.png

It's the first (Halloween colors) one.

I started to get the off-brand versions and they still pooped too much, hahaha. Then my sister gave me a Kimetsu no Yaiba version for my birthday last year and I'm like omg I don't want to relive this nightmare again!

I have a Demon Slayer Tamagotchi! It's a Zentisu one. I also had an Inosuke one, but gave him to a friend ;w;

demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-tamagotchi-inosuke-2.jpg

I don't know why I gave him away.. >_>

But now I really want a Mitsuri one, as she's my favorite Demon Slayer character!

No, but a friend let me play with theirs while we were on the bus for a field trip. (I think I gave it a bath?) It was fun, but I had a Neopet virtual game-thing (with the Aisha?). Anyway, I named her Xena and got offended when she moved away. (I had to go to school and couldn’t play it for a few days lol.)
I also watched Vinny from Vinesauce play a Tamagotchi game for DS and loved what he named his lol.
Omg, I had that! The Pocket Neopet Aisha? I was very young and didn't know what I was doing so the Aisha kept moving away. Unfortunately I also didn't know what to do when the batteries died and I managed to get the reset button stuck, so it's unusable now...

I have an old Tamagotchi V3 sitting around somewhere, though I haven't used it in years. I used to use it with the old Tamagotchi site all the time using the password system that allowed you to "link" the site with your Tamagotchi to send over gifts and things like that. I also had a couple of other brand virtual pet pieces too, including a Giga Pet from the late 90s and some virtual dog piece I found at a discount store. I don't think I have any of those other ones anymore though.

Omg, I had that! The Pocket Neopet Aisha? I was very young and didn't know what I was doing so the Aisha kept moving away. Unfortunately I also didn't know what to do when the batteries died and I managed to get the reset button stuck, so it's unusable now...
Yeah. I think my neighbor gave it to me? I completely forgot about it until I started thinking about Tamagotchi and it jogged my memory lol. Neopets are iconic.

Waayyy back in my childhood I got one when they first came over in the US. Mine was a cat. I also had a Pikachu one. I don't know where either of them are.

There was a bag of odds and ends that was in a pop up storage area we have, and this was inside, hidden by a One Piece keychain and an old McDonalds toy:

tamagotchi.jpg

...The thing is, I don't think this is my childhood one? I'm sure mine was yellow or green, and I don't recall there being a music theme. Maybe I picked up another one at a car boot or a charity store. But anyway, apparently I also own this one.

Back