• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have a Tamagotchi?

Plume

wiggly days, wiggly nights
Bells
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
ど
う
ぶ
With the recent release of the Tamagotchi Uni, I was wondering if anyone else is into Tamagotchi. I used to play with them as a kid, and recently got into them again with the Tamagotchi Smart, and now the Uni. I'm a big lover of digital pets in general!

I used to be very into Tamagotchi. I have a couple of older ones (V4.5, V5, V6, etc.) but I don't play them anymore because it gets stressful. I also found out the buttons on 2 of them stopped working, which saddens me since these are the kind that actually save data even if you change the battery (with the exception of the V5 occasionally glitching and deleting everything).

I don't. I know they were popular, but I never got into them as a kid, and haven't really wanted to get into them now.

I have a few! I actually played with one of them recently but I was kinda glad when the battery finally died bc I forgot how time consuming it is to raise them well lmao - the newest one I've ever owned is a V6 though, so I'd be interested to see how different the smart ones are. They look like they could be a lot of fun.

IMG_6441.jpeg

i don’t. i think i might have had one when i was younger?, but i don’t think i really got into it. they’re cute and i like their designs, but i’m not really interested in them beyond that 😅

I've never had one—they're certainly cute, but at least back in the day it sounds like they were very stressful to try to keep alive, so I'm kinda glad I didn't get any growing up. 😅 Knowing me I probably would've cried over one sooner or later ahahaha. I like seeing the cute ways people customize theirs now though!

I did as a kid! I think it's cool they are still making them, and the new ones look pretty cool.

I did with the original...more than two decades ago...

used to have one and loved it when i was young but haven’t had one for a long time now - not sure if it broke at some point or if i just lost it

I had one as a kid, but I haven't gotten one back recently. I have too many other phone games and adulting that I need to do chores for haha. But I think it's awesome that they're popular again. I see some of the neat themed ones and think it would be pretty cool to own one!

No I used to when I was a kid, i do see them in the store and think to myself hmm I want one. But then I think, adult life is so busy it’ll probably die a lot in my care if I had one now. lol so I pass on it.

I never really had a tomogatchi, I think I did, but I was very bad at taking care of it.

I did however have this LPS version of a tomogatchi where you raised an animal and played goofy games with them. I dont think stores sell them anymore, but they were fun.

I never really had a tomogatchi, I think I did, but I was very bad at taking care of it.

I did however have this LPS version of a tomogatchi where you raised an animal and played goofy games with them. I dont think stores sell them anymore, but they were fun.
Did it look like this? (I have the two on the bottom)
58d32ac2c27c48c4ae070aa388200483lg.png
I saw different kinds on Google, so it might not have been that one.

omg a new tamagotchi is coming???? HYPE! I used to have two, now I have only one sitting in a box somewhere. I moved in spring and stuff is still all over the place. Good old times, I loved my tamagotchi.

I did! I still remember the package coming through the door, weirdly. I was too easily distracted to really take care of it, though. I only had one regular Tamagotchi.

The one I really liked was this one:

1691452681362.png

The Digimon version. I enjoyed battling on it, and I remember having Airdramon and Greymon (or was it Tyrannomon? The sprites were similar). Can't remember if I ever got anything past that stage, though.

Back