• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you hate the USA?

i guess i am grateful that i live here. recently, there was a shooting in my town that was REALLY close to my street and now i'm beginning to worry though

I live in Detroit, and I hate it, if it was more like a Canadian I would like it

:O Detroit, I'm glad I don't live there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The U.S.A has always fought on the side of freedom, and peace would be non-existent without the nation. lol.

Peace would be non-existent? I wouldn't say so since the USA is always getting involved in wars.

I hate how Americans think they live in "America". You don't live in America, you live in the USA, lol

We're not called Americans for nothing lol

I don't hate living in America, I just hate the state I live in..
Don't have enough money to move from here so I'm stuck.

Last edited:
Well, I live here, and I don't think I could ever hate my homeland. It's a beautiful country, and I cherish the rights that I have as a citizen. While it may not be perfect, and no country is, it's still a whole lot better than some places in the world.

Peace would be non-existent? I wouldn't say so since the USA is always getting involved in wars.

Countries like Russia and Iran would be more emboldened to invade other countries without the threat of the United States military power hovering over them. Yes, the U.S. has a tendency to get involved in stupid wars like Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq, but on a global scale, the U.S. helps keep the world a peaceful place.

It's not the country, it's the people running it. Open your eyes.

The people running the country are running it because of the idiots who vote for them (or don't vote at all). The thing that scares me more than Trump being president is that half of the people ate his ****.

I don't hate "Murica", but what I do hate is it's backward ways, full out capitalism and arrogance. I feel sorry for the american people. Most americans I've encountered are good people who deserve better.

Not really, no. I've lived there my whole life. It's not really like its an alien compared to other countries. Some of you guys are making it sound like America is some kind concentration camp. It has its problems, sure, but what country doesn't?

Post-Presidential election, I would say that that I'm quite ashamed of calling myself a U.S. citizen. It has brought out the worst in people, with Trump getting elected as a symbol of validation for all of the hate crimes emerging in our country. Do I hate the United States? No. Hate is a strong word. But I am deeply saddened and disappointed that half the nation chose to elect a person that stands for so much hatred, environmental destruction, oppression, and white supremacy.

As a nation, we've just taken one step forward, and three giant steps back into the 1950s. SMH.

Last edited:
As a nation, we've just taken one step forward, and three giant steps back into the 1950s. SMH.

A bit extreme there. No one's rights are being taken away.

I think America's great, I love this place. Yeah it's got problems but there's no perfect country. America really isn't as bad as people say. We aren't the devil, really, lol

A bit extreme there. No one's rights are being taken away.

I think America's great, I love this place. Yeah it's got problems but there's no perfect country. America really isn't as bad as people say. We aren't the devil, really, lol

Let me guess, you must be a straight white guy right? Cause as a gay, hispanic woman, there's a lot for me (as well as other marginalized groups) to be afraid of in the near future.

I'm kinda concerned what Trump is gonna do with the illegal immigrants. I mean they run the economy greatly. What's sad is that people would actually vote for a sexist and racist man who is the most unfit to be president. At least Hillary wasn't making fun of disabled handicapped people.

i don't hate america at all, i suppose i just hate the way it's run and certain people out there, preferably the closed minded.

This thread is 2edgy5me.

But in all seriousness, couldn't you make this thread about any country???

America is so over-hyped when in reality it's just a huge mess of unequality. If I live in a "free" country, why must I be discriminated against for my race, sexuality, and gender?

I shouldn't have to walk down the street in fear of being shot by police, raped in an ally, screamed at because of my gay equality pin on my backpack, or attacked for my gender expression.

Also, the gun control sucks. And so does: the stigma around Muslims, gays, immigrants, rape victims, mental illness victims, and others.

I know I'm safer than many people, but I just don't feel safe enough. :(

Oh boy...yes I hate the USA for one reason.
You have this creature called "Perez Hilton".

No but seriously, I hate the US but I like it at the same time.
Why I hate it:
? The Gun Laws
? The shootings that happen WAY too often!
? The USAs two options were Hillary Clinton and Donald flipping Trump for President, WTF!
? A lot of the North American accents I've heard are obnoxious.
? North Americans are really loud compared to people over here, but I don't blame you.
? Its existence/involvement/ power.
? Your Politicians.
? You have a lot of annoying Celebrities who are relevent for almost no reason
? Your healthcare laws.

I can name a lot more but I think you get the point.

Last edited:
Oh boy...yes I hate the USA for one reason.
You have this creature called "Perez Hilton".

No but seriously, I hate the US but I like it at the same time.
Why I hate it:
• The Gun Laws
• The shootings that happen WAY too often!
• The USAs two options were Hillary Clinton and Donald flipping Trump for President, WTF!
• A lot of the North American accents I've heard are obnoxious.
• North Americans are really loud compared to people over here, but I don't blame you.
• Its existence/involvement/ power.
• Your Politicians.
• You have a lot of annoying Celebrities who are relevent for almost no reason
• Your healthcare laws.

I can name a lot more but I think you get the point.

what's up with the "you are loud" thing again
that's so stereotypical + when you say Americans you also include the people who weren't born there but have a citizenship like me so in conclusion pretty much you are saying anyone who lives there legally is loud, which when you think about it sounds absurd

what's up with the "you are loud" thing again
that's so stereotypical + when you say Americans you also include the people who weren't born there but have a citizenship like me so in conclusion pretty much you are saying anyone who lives there legally is loud, which when you think about it sounds absurd
I'm not basically saying it makes you "legally loud" at all.

Its from my experience, it could be the accent they have which makes them sound louder? I'm not sure, it could depend on where they live too cause of the large citys and so on.

And the thing about people who weren't born in NA but have a NA citizenship, Ive only met one person who has this situation and when they come back here to visit they are much louder than usual, like I said it could be because of the urban areas where there are a lot of people and noises so people speak louder so they can be heard and they adapt to it and the pitch sticks over time.

Last edited:
Oh man... controversial question o.o
I dont hate america but i feel bad with whats going on over there.

Back