Do you hate the USA?

Wow... you obviously must be living under a rock.
Quite the opposite.
Your father is black and you're ok with everything happening in our country right now? Have you heard about something called the Black Lives Matter Movement?
Yes, and I think it's awful that people have gone so far as to torch and riot in our cities and scream for dead cops. Did you know that Michael Brown, one of the main reasons BLM exists, had stolen several packages of cigarillos before the officer arrived? And that when he did arrive, Brown attempted to grab the officer's gun? And that, after failing to take the gun, resisted arrest and fled, then proceeded to turn around and come after the officer, and that most reports stating that Brown was unarmed are not credible?
Or what about Trump's entire campaign pitch of "Build the Wall?" If you think the hispanic community is going to be unaffected by all of this you're obviously not keeping up with the news.
Are you saying that you support illegal immigration, which is, by definition, a crime? The LEGAL Hispanic community has nothing to worry about. If you think you'll be deported, ask yourself this: Am I a legal US citizen? If yes, then you're safe! If no, then you are, by definition, a criminal! If a first generation Hispanic immigrant went through the long process of achieving citizenship in the US just to see a bunch of illegal immigrants coming over undocumented and getting the same treatment, do you think that they would say "whatever" to that?
Just cause Trump says he's cool with the LGBTQ+ community means jack s***. Trump has said a lot of things. Look who he elected as his VP: Mike Pence, a man that has endorsed conversion therapy for the gay community. Man, that sure seems like he's okay with the gays... *eye roll*
Untrue. Pence stated in 2000 that he wished to fund institutions that would assist those who wish to change their sexual behavior in an effort to help the CARE act, which was made to slow and stop the spread of HIV/AIDS. Also, there is no credible source that states Pence wishes to electrocute gays.

I encourage you to do some research.
And I suggest you do the same.

SOURCES:
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defau...doj_report_on_shooting_of_michael_brown_1.pdf
http://www.snopes.com/mike-pence-supported-gay-conversion-therapy/

For the record I didn't vote for either mainstream candidate, I think they are both terrible choices and made a protest vote instead. The fact of the matter is he's the president-elect and no amount of kicking and screaming will change that. I was willing to give either candidate a chance to see what they actually will do, which is more often than not what they say they'll do. Relax.

For some people, it may be too late by the time they see what Trump actually does. That's why a lot of people are so scared. For example, if I were a DREAMer, I wouldn't want to just sit there and "give Trump a chance" to detain me and possibly deport me before I knew what hit me.

For the record I didn't vote for either mainstream candidate, I think they are both terrible choices and made a protest vote instead. The fact of the matter is he's the president-elect and no amount of kicking and screaming will change that. I was willing to give either candidate a chance to see what they actually will do, which is more often than not what they say they'll do. Relax.

Hilary is far from being a perfect candidate, but she definitely was a much better choice than Trump. There's no contest there in my opinion... Protest voting is what destroyed this presidential election. You wanna vote third party? Sure, freedom to vote etc etc. But that should have been started from the primaries to make a difference... You can't just start voting third party during the presidential election and expect it to make a difference. I don't agree with the two-party system either but in this certain situation, with this election having been such a crucial one, a third party vote was a wasted one.

cigarillos

You saying that to her seems rude. Changing cigarettes to spanish for her it's just, no
I don't mind defending her b/c I'm hispanic as well
You don't know how it is to be in her shoes being scared, even though immigrants are coming in illegally, they have very good reasons. One can barely earn money in Mexico and if you have a family to take care of, well rip. That's why most come here, to earn more money so they can live better. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be forced to live in a country with no security, and crime everywhere. Someone can literally take you in a car and no one will do jack
So what if I don't mind them being here? At least I stand for these people :^) If I met one and they told me their story, I would let them stay. They pretty much run the economy after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMlTmOip3ig

Last edited:
You saying that to her seems rude. Changing cigarettes to spanish for her it's just, no
I don't mind defending her b/c I'm hispanic as well
You don't know how it is to be in her shoes being scared, even though immigrants are coming in illegally, they have very good reasons. One can barely earn money in Mexico and if you have a family to take care of, well rip. That's why most come here, to earn more money so they can live better. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be forced to live in a country with no security, and crime everywhere. Someone can literally take you in a car and no one will do jack
So what if I don't mind them being here? At least I stand for these people :^) If I met one and they told me their story, I would let them stay. They pretty much run the economy after all

Thank you, Bunnilla <3 I'm glad to see that someone here still has their humanity

- - - Post Merge - - -

Quite the opposite.

Yes, and I think it's awful that people have gone so far as to torch and riot in our cities and scream for dead cops. Did you know that Michael Brown, one of the main reasons BLM exists, had stolen several packages of cigarillos before the officer arrived? And that when he did arrive, Brown attempted to grab the officer's gun? And that, after failing to take the gun, resisted arrest and fled, then proceeded to turn around and come after the officer, and that most reports stating that Brown was unarmed are not credible?

Are you saying that you support illegal immigration, which is, by definition, a crime? The LEGAL Hispanic community has nothing to worry about. If you think you'll be deported, ask yourself this: Am I a legal US citizen? If yes, then you're safe! If no, then you are, by definition, a criminal! If a first generation Hispanic immigrant went through the long process of achieving citizenship in the US just to see a bunch of illegal immigrants coming over undocumented and getting the same treatment, do you think that they would say "whatever" to that?

Untrue. Pence stated in 2000 that he wished to fund institutions that would assist those who wish to change their sexual behavior in an effort to help the CARE act, which was made to slow and stop the spread of HIV/AIDS. Also, there is no credible source that states Pence wishes to electrocute gays.

And I suggest you do the same.

SOURCES:
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defau...doj_report_on_shooting_of_michael_brown_1.pdf
http://www.snopes.com/mike-pence-supported-gay-conversion-therapy/

Mike Pence supported a constitutional amendement in 2006 to ban marriage equality because it was "against god's plan," signed a bill which would jail many same-sex couples if they filed for marriage licenses, proposed two separate legislations which would take away HIV funding and would instead allocate it toward conversion therapy because in 2016 he still thinks only gays have HIV, was against repealing Don't Ask Don't Tell, opposed the Mathew Shephard Hate Crimes Bill, has served in the board of Anti-gay groups, anda y other atrocities. So forgive me if I don't think he has the best intentions at heart for the LGBTQ community. His actions certainly speak toward his "desire to electrocute gay people."

Your stance on "illegal" immigration is one of privilege. Not everyone fleeing from poverty, oppression, violence, and genocide has the ability to immigrate "legally." Similarly, the "LEGAL Hispanic" community, as you put it, does have quite a lot to fear. Many hate groups (and just regular ole racists) have been given wings to soar thanks to Trump and his policies. Many are facing violent crimes and being harassed by community members and being told to "go back to where they belong." Because as surprising as it might be, just by looking at a human being you can't tell their immigration status. But you can certainly use hateful rhetoric endorsed by a racist president-elect to get your message across. These acts of racism and violence aren't just targeted toward the Hispanic community--Black, Asian, Middle Eastern, Jewish, and other communities are also being attacked. All you have to do to find thousands of these instances is google it.

Also, your one isolated example of one victim of police brutality doesn't actually invalidate all of them. Also, I didn't know that stealing was a crime punishable by death in America? How many white people own guns, hell how many white people shoot up churches and bomb towns (white men are the number one perpetrator of domestic terrorism in America, fact) but are lured out with bullet proof vests? Some even treated to Burger King by cops? Please.

Last edited:
No I didn't change it because cigarillos are different from cigarettes and are not what Brown was stealing. If he was stealing cigarettes I would have said cigarettes.
You don't know how it is to be in her shoes being scared,
As a legal Hispanic citizen there is nothing to be scared of.
One can barely earn money in Mexico and if you have a family to take care of, well rip. That's why most come here, to earn more money so they can live better. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be forced to live in a country with no security, and crime everywhere. Someone can literally take you in a car and no one will do jack
Unfortunate, but if they want to come here, do it legally. I don't see the problem with wanting people to be coming in legally. Illegal immigration, unfortunately, has brought a lot of crime to the southern border.

The video you also posted: if she was living in the US for two decades, why didn't she spend some of that time getting a US citizenship?? She came in with false papers and never thought that she should apply for citizenship? It's a sad story don't get me wrong but it wouldn't have happened if she just applied for citizenship...

No I didn't change it because cigarillos are different from cigarettes and are not what Brown was stealing. If he was stealing cigarettes I would have said cigarettes.

As a legal Hispanic citizen there is nothing to be scared of.

Unfortunate, but if they want to come here, do it legally. I don't see the problem with wanting people to be coming in legally. Illegal immigration, unfortunately, has brought a lot of crime to the southern border.

The video you also posted: if she was living in the US for two decades, why didn't she spend some of that time getting a US citizenship?? She came in with false papers and never thought that she should apply for citizenship? It's a sad story don't get me wrong but it wouldn't have happened if she just applied for citizenship...

1. Cigarillo is cigarette is spanish so??.. and they are the same thing cigarette=cigarette, you are not making sense idk. I don't care what Brown stole, the point here is you changed cigarette to cigarillo b/c you know she's hispanic which in the context of your sentence, sounded rude.
2. Even though both me and her are legal, there are still things to be worried about, Trump's campaign spreads hate for people being what they are.
3. I'm sure she was scared to because while doing the application they would find out she's illegal in the U.S. so they would kick her out faster, left to rot on the mean streets of Mexico while her children are still there without their mom.

Last edited:
1. Cigarillo is cigarette is spanish so??.. and they are the same thing cigarette=cigarette, you are not making sense idk. I don't care what Brown stole, the point here is you changed cigarette to cigarillo b/c you know she's hispanic which in the context of your sentence, sounded rude.

Google cigarillo and then google cigarette, and you'll see a difference.

cigarette-isolated-picture-id173010487

This is a cigarette.
davidoff-cigarillos.jpg

These are cigarillos.
I did not change the word 'cigarette' because she is Hispanic.

I hate the USA, me living here with 1/4 of my family in Canada makes it worse because I hate it here they are so lucky to not live here and I hate when teachers say that you're lucky to live here, I don't think so, I don't belong here, I WILL get rid of my citizenship when I'm old enough to leave on my own, I'm luckier than lots of people (for example, people who live in Pakistan or Afghanistan or Venezuela) but I'm not lucky enough.

What's your opinion?

Try living an ANY Europeon, Aisan, South American, or African country. You'll then probably realize how lucky you are.

Try living an ANY Europeon, Aisan, South American, or African country. You'll then probably realize how lucky you are.

What's wrong with European countries? Germany, France, Ireland, England, Spain and so on are all stabe?
Asian countries like Japan are developed and stable too.

Protest voting is what destroyed this presidential election. You wanna vote third party? Sure, freedom to vote etc etc. But that should have been started from the primaries to make a difference... You can't just start voting third party during the presidential election and expect it to make a difference. I don't agree with the two-party system either but in this certain situation, with this election having been such a crucial one, a third party vote was a wasted one.

Live in a state that voted for Hillary and in a liberal-majority city where Bernie Sanders was the preferred choice. If somebody put a gun to my head and made me choose between two radicals I would have happily voted for him. But he had been thrown under a bus. Have always voted third party as do many others, when you see two **** choices the other option is to not vote at all. Every election is more of the same. If you're looking to lay blame; blame the electoral college, blame the two-party system. I don't buy it that had third party voters acted differently it would have changed the results, the votes could go either to Hillary or Trump and they're marginal in numbers already.

While I like the United States aside from politics, are we really better off than people in Japan, Germany, France, Italy, South Korea, Switzerland, Austria, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, or Taiwan are?

Last edited:
Please summarize his argument if you'd like me to hear it, I'm not interested in sitting through an 18 minute political video.

It's a really great video. Should honestly watch it all since you're a die-hard third party voter. Just left it there for your entertainment.

I don't hate America, I might hate some of the choices made here by some of its citizens and politicians, but in the end, I wouldn't feel safer in any other country

I would try to stay out of the political debates now, but I pretty much agree with everything Jawile said about America and some of the politics. However, on the case of police brutality, I do have to say that Wilson is not guilty. He's not. And even if Michael Brown is, he isn't the villain of the whole ordeal. The real villains between Wilson and Brown is the media. Ever since they purposely omitted the truth just to label it a hate crime, disputes between African-Americans and police officers have gotten a lot worse. Now part of the population have no respect for officers anymore due to the media demonizing them, and part of the police officers have gotten more racist than before the 21st century. Funny part is that only 24% of the entire population is liberal, and only the minority of the liberals are extreme, but the extreme liberals dominate the news, social media, and education. And they want to force us into beliving what they say, even when it isn't true. That's pretty much why people seem to give lower ratings to the Republicans and anything they say.

Honestly, I don't hate it. When people say they don't like it, it's the first thought in my mind to say: If you don't like it, change it. What can you do to change things you don't like? My next response would be to leave. Sure, I don't like Trump. I, in fact, hate many of his ideals and morals. But that doesn't mean I'll pack up my things and leave. I have school here, I have friends here, I have family here. I also plan to go to university here. Once I'm done with university, I want to pack up and move. But for now, it's to live with it.

So my tl;dr is no, I don't hate America, and if you don't like it, move when you can.

Last edited:
Back