• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you get mistaken for the wrong age?

i'll be of adult age in january, so haven't really been mistaken for another age yet ahah

All the time, people always thought I'm younger than my age. It doesn't really bothers me though. Mainly because I'm short.

Oh ALL THE TIME.

I’m 22 now but I often get mistaken for ages as young as 13! I guess it doesn’t help that I am quite small. It doesn’t bother me too much, really, in fact I sometimes take it as a compliment! But other times it does bother me a lot, as I’m rarely taken seriously because of how I look.

In fact, today I was taking my uni graduation pictures and the people taking my pictures kept teasing me and saying I looked like I was graduating 6th grade! >___<;

I used to be mistaken for being younger! I have kind of bigger eyes so I guess that makes me look younger. Was totally annoying with me when I first turned 21 but now that I'm in my 20s a bit further I don't mind it. Though I don't see how it happens anymore, because I seriously have a scary amount of grey hairs on my head right now and it's only getting worse and worse lol. So who knows how long it'll last. Maybe by the time I'm 30 and fully Snow White they'll start doing the opposite. :p

Yep. I'm 35 and I still find it funny that most people think I'm like 27, 28. And I find it even funnier when I see people who are like 10 years younger than me that look like their my age or older lol (it literally happened today). And I'm no "babyface" lol

All the time! Reasons are because of my height and how I look and sound but I feel like I look my age idk why people anyways mistake me as a 8 year old

I'm either mistaken as a kid still in the early years of high school, or a high school student. Besides my height, I think the way I dress myself plays a role in how people perceive my age ^^;;

I’m 25 but I look exactly like I did when I was 16 so yeah it happens a lot 🥲 not a bad thing though. My boyfriend is 30 and he looks 20 tbh

sometimes i get mistaken for older than i am, like 16 or 17, im turning 16 in january so its not that bad but even when i was like 14 id get mistaken for being like 16 or something ;P

oh i totally feel you, people usually think im like 15 even though im 20, it doesnt bother me at all though! i just find it funny bc i honestly dont think i look like a teenager but maybe its because im used to seeing my face everyday lol

Yeah it’s a bit odd for me. Whenever I introduce myself to someone new they tell me they think I’m 25 or 28… I’m 19.

All the time. I have a very young face and small body so people often think I am much younger than I am, which I use to find annoying but now I don’t really care. But interestingly enough young kids under 10 always think I am way older than I actually am! Maybe because they don’t have a good concept of age but I always found that funny. Like my little cousins once asked if I was 35 (I was 19 at the time and they were like 6 or something)

Yup, one time, I was a senior in college and someone approached me and asked if they could interview me because they needed to interview freshies.

Another time, I was going to watch an R16 movie with my parents and the person taking the tickets asked how old I was. I was 23 at the time.

Quite recently, people have been thinking I'm older than I actually am. Not by much, literally by only a year or two, but its still really common and kinda weird.

At the time of writing, I'm 18. Turning 19 in just a few days. I have a few friends who are early 20s who met me a couple years back who still think of me as that age (which is understandable I still feel 15). I have a friend who's 19 who's thought several times I was a year older than her even though SHES the one who's a year older than ME.

It's not annoying or anything but it's really weird that it's been happening so often recently.

Back