• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you forget to save or how offten do you save your game?

That’s interesting. I’m not familiar with a save room? It’s probably obvious from the name but like you go into certain rooms to save? I’m trying to remember if Ive played any of the Castlevania series. It seems like I have but I can’t picture it.
Yes— it’s exactly how it sounds. I’ve played Aria of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance, and Dawn of Sorrow. They all had save rooms and after you saved, then restarted the game, you’d be back in the save room. It’s challenging to find some at times, but overall it was helpful in new areas,

Anytime something rare happens or I finish something hard like a puzzle that I really don’t want to do again.

I save religiously. After losing a 14hr gaming session in The Sims 3 years ago I am so paranoid about losing my progress.

I love games with auto-saving cuz I always forget to save except when I close the game. There has been a few games without auto-saving where I lost so much progression due to it that I just stopped playing lol.
I'm trying to pay more attention to saving but I tend to get too focused on playing and always forget.

I despise autosave because it gives you less control over your actions and how you play the game. I turn it off whenever I can.

As for saving the traditional way, I have severe OCD, so naturally my intrusive thoughts lead to me saving multiple times before feeling it’s okay to turn the game off.

I save a good bit. Between power outages, randomly losing date, people calling/needing me asap I like that a lot of games offer the chance to save anywhere at any time. I know there are a lot or a small vocal group who hate that and call it save scumming, but sorry I got a pretty busy personal and work life where I can never know when I might have free time or have to stop what I am doing on short notice. Is it a pain when that happens? Absolutely, but that's what happens when you got responsibilities.

I save pretty much every time I do something big in a game. I do keep autosave on most of the time but in Minecraft I turn it off. I like to make builds in the game but if I make something I don't like I would have to tear it down and that takes forever, so I turn off the autosave and make the build. If I like it then I save the game so I can keep it, if I dislike it no big deal, just close the game and reload the world and it's like I never make the build at all! (I play the Wii U version of Minecraft btw and that one has the autosave feature)

I save pretty much every time I do something big in a game. I do keep autosave on most of the time but in Minecraft I turn it off. I like to make builds in the game but if I make something I don't like I would have to tear it down and that takes forever, so I turn off the autosave and make the build. If I like it then I save the game so I can keep it, if I dislike it no big deal, just close the game and reload the world and it's like I never make the build at all! (I play the Wii U version of Minecraft btw and that one has the autosave feature)
Wait, you can turn off autosave in Minecraft? Is that just in Bedrock edition? I have searched high and low for that option for years and could never find it.

i save quite regularly or generally play games that do save often, which i much prefer, having lost some serious hours on a few games from crashes, resulting in me literally dropping the game entirely lol. though! hilariously, i sometimes wish i saved less often! i sometimes end up wanting to redo something or missed a bit of dialogue and don't wanna look it up. if there's a limited amount of save files i become quite sparing or intentional with my save times, so i don't overwrite something accidentally.

in retrospect, this all seems like so much thought to put into a small function. 😂

I am quite paranoid about losing progress, so I save often. But there are times when I get so engrossed in a difficult thing, that I forget to save right before and curse myself. Or the opposite, where I'll naively convince myself, "nah, it can wait until after this", and then I'll lead myself to my doom. 🙃

I used to be big on saving, but with auto-save and sleep-mode being prevelant, I never save cuz I never fully turn things off 😅 Though do save if I close a game to switch what I'm playing (which is quite rare, I'm a one at a time guy)

Wait, you can turn off autosave in Minecraft? Is that just in Bedrock edition? I have searched high and low for that option for years and could never find it.
Well the Wii U version is an old console edition, not the Bedrock version. I can turn it off in my Wii U version but I'm not sure about the Bedrock versions.

Well the Wii U version is an old console edition, not the Bedrock version. I can turn it off in my Wii U version but I'm not sure about the Bedrock versions.
I play Java and as far as I know there's no way to turn it off. I've even tried getting around it by closing the game via the task manager instead of the in-game menu but alas.

Wii U confirmed as definitive version.

I usually save twice when I'm quitting the game, and when the game reminds me to save.

usually when i quit a game, or after i’ve completed something and just don’t want to continue due to sheer sleepiness. auto-save comes in handy for gaming in animal crossing + Mario Kart heh. i remember purposefully not saving or whatever it was in new leaf though

I save pretty often. I'm always scared that something will happen or I'll lose my progress if I don't keep saving

I'm Old (tm), so I'm used to saving frequently, doubling up on saves, and I never rely on auto-saves if I can help it. It depends on the game, though, and when the gameplay gives you a good opportunity to save.

I never forget to save! I also really dislike autosave, I know EVERYONE loves it and honestly I can see how it's helpful but personally, I dislike it. I remember to save just because ever since I was little I played games with manual saving like New Leaf, Pikmin 3, Mario Galaxy etc.
I can confirm! I also have Minecraft on Wii U and enjoy playing it from time to time!!! 🥰

I got set back two gyms in pkmn: let's go pikachu because I forgot to save.
Almost had mt entire game reset because subnautica doesn't autosave.

Back