do you buy spares?

• yes

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • no

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • depends

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters
Depends. If something is a reasonable price, turns out to be really good, and is something that is disposable or won't last forever then I might get two or more. Just in case by the time I need it again it might not be around anymore or be insanely expensive. Almost all the time, I don't though.

I always buy extra ingredients if I'm baking something.. and extra fabric/haberdashery if I'm sewing something! And I buy extra Titanium White paint whenever I buy paint

I don't buy extra clothes/shoes though.. just too expensive though it is a great idea

It really depends. But I do get double when item is commonly used but certain item as in materials. With collecting I stick with one copy, unless if I find a good deal then I get second one.
Post automatically merged:

I always buy extra ingredients if I'm baking something.. and extra fabric/haberdashery if I'm sewing something! And I buy extra Titanium White paint whenever I buy paint

I don't buy extra clothes/shoes though.. just too expensive though it is a great idea
I kinda wish I can have extra pair of every each shoe. If only

Got an ASDA delivery today. Went to put the extra bin liners I bought in the cupboard under the sink to find I already had five unopened rolls. Send help.

Also learned I get nervous when we open the last 24pk of toilet paper. Maybe this one is a response to the pandemic? We now have ~70 rolls. We are a two adult household.

Every now and then, yes! I'll only buy something in multiples if it's a quality item that I will use often. Stuff like sd cards, mechanical pencils, jeans, card sleeves and storage containers come to mind.

Definitely depends! I do buy doubles of shoes I really enjoy wearing/feel comfortable in. Same with clothing!
I tend to do the same with food sometimes as well - like if it's something we enjoy and will finish pretty quick, I'll buy 2 of the same item so it'll last us for a bit longer.

I do not do this with one of my hobbies: trading card collecting. Any double-ups I get I will try to give away or sell to someone else for their collection. I just like to keep 1 copy of a card at all times.

Yes, but it depends on the product. I like to buy things like toilet paper and paper towels in bulk but most of the time I like buy one thing at a time. Produce is something I often buy in bulk sometimes. Its better to buy more than one lemon because I use lemons a lot or when a recipe requires more than one apple I tend to buy them in bulk.

I buy spares of a lot of things. I wear dresses all the time but I only enjoy a certain cut. So when I find a dress I love with the right cut, I almost always buy it twice because it’s guaranteed I’ll wear it several times a week, for however long it takes for it to wear down. Same with shoes. My feet are problematic so when I finally find shoes I like, you bet I’m getting them at least twice. I tend to wear the same shoes every single day so they usually only last a year until they fall apart. By that time the shoes I loved are not sold anymore. But guess what! I have a brand new pair in my closet for that exact reason.

I don’t own a car and live rural so when I go grocery shopping (by bicycle lol) I also buy spares of cleaning products and items that don’t spoil easily and keep them stored. It saves me time and hassle down the line when I can just grab a spare once I use something up rather than having to cycle to a shop in the rain.

Omg YES!!!! Because I have Morton’s neuromas in both of my feet, certain sandals REALLY help minimize the pain of that. I also tend to get the same kind of pjs that I like the most. I huge regret not buying a bunch of a certain type of pj tank that I tend to wear the most and now I can’t find it 😭😭💦

I buy spares of a lot of things. I wear dresses all the time but I only enjoy a certain cut. So when I find a dress I love with the right cut, I almost always buy it twice because it’s guaranteed I’ll wear it several times a week, for however long it takes for it to wear down. Same with shoes. My feet are problematic so when I finally find shoes I like, you bet I’m getting them at least twice. I tend to wear the same shoes every single day so they usually only last a year until they fall apart. By that time the shoes I loved are not sold anymore. But guess what! I have a brand new pair in my closet for that exact reason.

this is literally my thought process when i’m out buying clothes 😂 there’s a specific look i love on me and i don’t stray from it. i spent too many years trying to be more varied with my style but anything outside my comfort zone just never gets worn.

i definitely do! for clothing and shoes, if it's something that's comfortable to wear and feels nice texture-wise, i usually find myself buying spares so that if one wears out or something, i'll have a back up! for pantry staples, i'll sometimes buy extras of something i really like to help cut back on trips to the grocery store. having a snack or a treat i really like ready and waiting for me at home really helps when i need the motivation to get through the day c:

I tend to buy the same lip balm, even when I know I have a spare in my purse/pocket. I tend to misplace them everywhere, hahaha. They either get lost in other pockets or fall between the couch cushions. Like, right now I have two in my pocket and I don't know why.

Yes, I don't like trying and buying clothes so I just buy the same in double or more. I also tend to hoard stuff in sale, just in case I can't find it again or afford it later. If I was richer I would also buy animal crossing cards in double, or books and let one wrapped forever, so it's a good thing I'm poor.
Post automatically merged:

I also get identical toothbrushes because I can't remember which one is mine, so mine is always the same and nobody else in the house can have the same color. Lately, dentist gave me a purple one so I may switch to purple soon.

I collect lip balms as well, I need one in my bag, near my bed, near the computer, in my pocket etc

Last edited:
depends on the thing and how frequently I need the thing. I also like buying doubles of things that are hard to find a good fit for like sneakers and pants.

I had like four copies of the best pyjamas ever I bought when I was 8, I’ve barely grown in size so all of them still fit me, and I’ve wound up going through all of them

They served me well…

These days though things last so poorly and are so much more expensive that…yep I don’t really do this anymore except for special occasions/trusted brands.

I normally do not, but I'm not against it.
I do by bulk things sometimes (outside of food stuff).
Spares are a good idea as long as you don't have too much stuff and you can actually find it when you need it.

I find that I don't like having duplicates of things. Maybe it is because my family has been known to have hoarding tendencies and I don't want to follow that, or I am just not a big fan of unnecessary clutter. For example, a while back I was into getting book subscriptions which would periodically give out the same book as another box. Unlike my friend who keeps every book, I will choose one and sell the other (if I can).

Back