• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you believe Donald Trump will win the presidency?

Do you believe Trump will win against Clinton?

• Yes

Votes: 59 30.9%
  • No

Votes: 132 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And maybe James Comey could just be saying the FBI is investigating Clinton to hurt her and she never did anything illegal with her emails. By the way, Comey has been a registered Republican for most of his life.
Yes I knew James Comey was a registered Republican. She did do illegal stuff with her private email server.

Yes I knew James Comey was a registered Republican. She did do illegal stuff with her private email server.

Well okay, that's your opinion. She's never going to jail over it just like Trump is never going to jail over all of the stuff that he's allegedly done. This is one of the few cases where the court of public opinion matters more than what happens in an actual courthouse. I just find it amusing when people call Clinton "Crooked Hillary" when Trump is in a similar legal situation. People hate Hillary Clinton because they think she skirts the law to make as much money as possible, she is power hungry, and she is a liar, but that description actually fits Trump to a tee. The fact that people are treating Clinton's emails like a massive scandal that's worse than Watergate while Trump can screw people on a daily basis, be a total hypocrite and compulsive liar, and talk about grabbing women by the *****, and that's just him being "smart" or a "businessman" shows how little progress America has made socially over the last 100 or so years. There are legitimate reasons to not like Hillary Clinton, but to pretend that Hillary Clinton is the wicked witch (or *****) and Trump is the shining white knight who's the only man that can save America from her evil wrath is just insane. People are actually willing to hand the presidency to an egomaniac with zero experience in public office and a horrible business record just because they think Hillary Clinton is the worst human to ever exist because she used a ****ing private email server.

Okay, I should be done venting now.

The thing about Hillary's emails is that anyone in a similar situation to her (being a banker, I can use myself as an example) would have been, at the very least, fired and barred from whatever their line of work for leaking any confidential information. She has not only not been fired, but she's getting to run for one of the highest offices in the US.

At least at the time Trump was dodging the courts, he was just a businessman, and from what I've been reading he did these things years ago. Has he continued? The most recent thing I've found is in 2011, which is still 5 years ago.

The thing about Hillary's emails is that anyone in a similar situation to her (being a banker, I can use myself as an example) would have been, at the very least, fired and barred from whatever their line of work for leaking any confidential information. She has not only not been fired, but she's getting to run for one of the highest offices in the US.

That's a fair point. Unfortunately, people in positions of power can often get away with stuff that lower level employees cannot get away with. I don't know if anyone had the authority to fire Hillary Clinton other than Obama, and he wasn't going to fire her unless she did something extremely bad. But she gets to run for office because there are only three legal requirements to run for president: you must be a natural-born U.S. citizen, you must be at least 35 years old, and you must have lived in the U.S. for at least 14 years. Despite what she did with her emails, primary voters were still willing to vote for her so that's why she's on the ballot.

When the video of Trump talking crudely about women came out, the other guy in the video got fired from his job even though Trump's comments were worse. Hell, if one of Trump's employees made those comments, Trump probably would have fired him to avoid the PR headache. Since Trump owns his business, he's obviously not going to fire himself, so he gets away with stuff that other people get fired for as well.

At least at the time Trump was dodging the courts, he was just a businessman, and from what I've been reading he did these things years ago. Has he continued? The most recent thing I've found is in 2011, which is still 5 years ago.
He's currently facing a lawsuit for his Trump University scam.

Last edited:
That's a fair point. Unfortunately, people in positions of power can often get away with stuff that lower level employees cannot get away with. I don't know if anyone had the authority to fire Hillary Clinton other than Obama, and he wasn't going to fire her unless she did something extremely bad. But she gets to run for office because there are only three legal requirements to run for president: you must be a natural-born U.S. citizen, you must be at least 35 years old, and you must have lived in the U.S. for at least 14 years. Despite what she did with her emails, primary voters were still willing to vote for her so that's why she's on the ballot.

When the video of Trump talking crudely about women came out, the other guy in the video got fired from his job even though Trump's comments were worse. Hell, if one of Trump's employees made those comments, Trump probably would have fired him to avoid the PR headache. Since Trump owns his business, he's obviously not going to fire himself, so he gets away with stuff that other people get fired for as well.

He's currently facing a lawsuit for his Trump University scam.

Good to know about the recent thing, thanks. I'll research it when I get home from work.

Two weeks ago, Hillary would have won in a landslide more than likely, now it's going to be more tight. I still think Trump will lose, but it will be a nailbiter thats for sure.

After the news that Clinton has been cleared by the FBI and the most recent polls, I'm cautiously optimistic that she'll win. The early voting numbers also look good for her, but in this election you never know...

Various polls are showing her turning Florida and Nevada Blue. Remember guys, Trump absolutely can not win without Florida with the current state line ups that he has. If he looses that she wins. Plus various other polls show the prediction of electoral college, and all of them show her anywhere from getting 268-300 EVs if the election were held today, so I think that bodes well for her.

Various polls are showing her turning Florida and Nevada Blue. Remember guys, Trump absolutely can not win without Florida with the current state line ups that he has. If he looses that she wins. Plus various other polls show the prediction of electoral college, and all of them show her anywhere from getting 268-300 EVs if the election were held today, so I think that bodes well for her.

But the election isn't being held today, it's being held tomorrow and people are extremely reactive for this election for some reason. 268 EVs isn't enough to win, so if she ends up in the low range of the projections, then she won't win.

I'm sorry, but I'm just reading EVs and effort values and cracking up

thanks for the slight bit of unintended humor during this ****

But the election isn't being held today, it's being held tomorrow and people are extremely reactive for this election for some reason. 268 EVs isn't enough to win, so if she ends up in the low range of the projections, then she won't win.

I know that, but it's looking extremely hopeful for her. If the states that are currently solid democrat (200 EVs worth of states) and those that are currently just leaning democract (68 EVs worth of states) and that stays the same for tomorrow, then she just needs one or two of the toss ups (Nevada and Florida would be ideal) to win. I know I'm just restating myself at this point

No. I hope not, at least. There's a part of me that feels like he will, but I'm really trying not to think about it.

Same. I'm really hoping he doesn't. This swing state voter will be voting not in his favor tomorrow.

I have never cared so much about a presidential election, but I am BEYOND terrified.

Back