• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✨Disney DreamLight Valley✨

Is the game worth the price?

• Yes

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
I have if ir PC and though i like it it got old fast, to me it somehow lacks a bit of charisma or liveliness, i was not expecting a sims game but i just miss the possibility to interact with the 90% of the objects. I understand it might be an unpopular thought but each to its own. I am also not very happy that they said at some point in 2023 we would have cross-platform but still nothing. I think i would play it more if i had it in the switch, before going to bed to decompress i bit from work etc. I am waiting to be able to cross-platform i think since the simba update i have not touched it, i am super sure decorating is going to be better from my PC but somehow i think gameplay is more chill from my sofa/bed
Don't worry you're not alone in wanting to interact with more objects, it's been a big desire from the majority of players for a while considering all we can do is sit, lounge and turn lights on and off. You can cross platform with PC and Consoles aside from PlayStation who don't want to cross platform at all so that they can keep those who are fans of their consoles loyal etc. I've played it on the Switch but considering how buggy it is on there I would never go back now that I play on Xbox instead.

From what I can gather about Switch, it has kind of always been seen as this foolhardy endeavor for Dreamlight Valley to begin with...just by virtue of the type of "ever-expanding" universe that they intend to deliver. Like...it ran poorly on Switch to begin with, and then they intend to keep adding more and more content without actually rectifying how poorly it runs. So, it will obviously get worse...not better. Kind of a head-scratcher, tbh.

Don't worry you're not alone in wanting to interact with more objects, it's been a big desire from the majority of players for a while considering all we can do is sit, lounge and turn lights on and off. You can cross platform with PC and Consoles aside from PlayStation who don't want to cross platform at all so that they can keep those who are fans of their consoles loyal etc. I've played it on the Switch but considering how buggy it is on there I would never go back now that I play on Xbox instead.
Wait, do you mean once i bought the pc option i can now play cross platform in my switch without having to pay for the switch version?

I did hear that the switch version is a bit bugged but i still have the feeling that it would be more comfy to do the objectives from my sofa with a coffee cup 😃

Wait, do you mean once i bought the pc option i can now play cross platform in my switch without having to pay for the switch version?

Nah...you can only play the version you bought. - On Xbox and PC, the game is available for "free" through Game Pass...but Switch and Playstation are both paid versions until they announce that the game is going FTP...which is something that they are supposed to eventually announce. If you buy the Switch version, you can load your current progress that was made on PC/Xbox...that's all that cross-play means. You would still need to buy the Switch version to do that...but the progress would be shared.

i confess i haven't played much since the new update rip. i put vanellope's house down, but i'm not thrilled with it; it doesn't really fit with anything else, and because of the item limit, i can't really decorate the forgotten lands where i ended up putting it. i did the first challenge last week, but i'm 70% sure i didn't get 300 moonstones for it lmao, and i'm just not feeling motivated to try this week's? i did try voting, but it only let me vote for three images (for 15/50 moonstones) before deciding there wasn't anything else to vote on, apparently. i think i'm probably not going to have any incentive to play this game again at length until if/when it launches on pc for free, because then i'll have a higher limit with decorating, and the controls for that are probably a little easier than switch. (i've still been burned a lot by crashes or freezes on the switch version, which has put me off playing.) the prices in the premium shop have kind of soured my view of the game, too.

i'm really just waiting until they add their equivalent of animal crossing's qr/designer codes. i would've preferred they implemented that before expanding to custom furniture, but that's just me. lots of designs i've seen other people make that i'm dying to get my hands on, so i hope the ability to share/download them becomes available eventually.

I did hear that the switch version is a bit bugged but i still have the feeling that it would be more comfy to do the objectives from my sofa with a coffee cup 😃
Yes, you can continue to play the same gameplay on both PC and Switch. I have with my gameplay as I started on Switch and then switched over to Xbox without having to start from scratch again.

Nah...you can only play the version you bought. - On Xbox and PC, the game is available for "free" through Game Pass...but Switch and Playstation are both paid versions until they announce that the game is going FTP...which is something that they are supposed to eventually announce. If you buy the Switch version, you can load your current progress that was made on PC/Xbox...that's all that cross-play means. You would still need to buy the Switch version to do that...but the progress would be shared.
Yes, you can continue to play the same gameplay on both PC and Switch. I have with my gameplay as I started on Switch and then switched over to Xbox without having to start from scratch again.
I must admit i feel this a rather cozy game that i would like to play sitting on my sofa after a bad/difficult day at work just for a couple of hours with s coffee mug, but i am not willing to pay on my switch the the game again just to be able to have cross-play, i am currently waiting for that so i can pick the game again, which is sad because im loosing tons of items from the different game passes 😅 but o well.

I think i like to play the PC version only for decorating purposes.

Thanks for the clarification guys 😊!!

Some free moonstones coming our way, apparently:

Untitled.png

Was this game going to be released for free after a year? Is that still happening and on what platforms?

I don't think there was ever a specific time frame...it was just supposed to be free whenever they decided it was out of the 'early access' period. - I would have already thought we reached that point (considering that they gave the main story a conclusion, complete with credits)...but obviously, not. It does seem weird at this point...but as far as I know, they are still claiming it will be free when they move out of early access.

Was this game going to be released for free after a year? Is that still happening and on what platforms?
The game will eventually be free to play but the devs have not given an official date other than it being "late 2023." The game itself is still available on PC, Steam Deck, PlayStation, Xbox and the Switch.

The game will eventually be free to play but the devs have not given an official date other than it being "late 2023." The game itself is still available on PC, Steam Deck, PlayStation, Xbox and the Switch.
Thank you I will probs just wait for it to be free before I play it but I need to decide if I want to play either on PS5 or switch??

Thank you I will probs just wait for it to be free before I play it but I need to decide if I want to play either on PS5 or switch??
I started playing on the Switch but switched to the Xbox as the game started to lag with every new update and it crashed a lot. There's a lot of complaints from Switch users to this day who have issues playing the game and considering it's getting bigger with every update, the Switch is going to continue to struggle handling it.

So you'd definitely be better off playing it on the PS5. 😊

I play the Switch version because I don’t have any of the other consoles the game is on. I don’t mind the lag too much because I don’t play the game a whole lot.

PS5- If you like to decorate they increased the amounts of objects placed for PS5, XBox Series S/X and PC.
You wouldn't be able to play with other consoles when Multiplayer gets added. You can't play on the PS5 and than change to the Switch console

Switch- If you time travel on the Switch don't play Disney Dreamlight Valley. Items will get locked until the game catches up. With the Switch you can switch to your PC or Xbox console.
Maybe give it a try on both systems once it goes free to play. It's doesn't take long to get things started.

My game seems to be freezing often again. Past two times I played, it froze when I tried to complete the level 10 quest for Simba. He's the last character I have any quests for...but it freezes when I try to progress. For a long time, it wasn't freezing at all. Guess I got used to being spoiled...

There are some 'emerald bottles' floating in the ocean around Dazzle Beach. They can be caught with the fishing pole...and when you open them, they contain emerald pieces. I've found 5 in total. I don't think they have a use just yet. Definitely interesting though.

There are some 'emerald bottles' floating in the ocean around Dazzle Beach. They can be caught with the fishing pole...and when you open them, they contain emerald pieces. I've found 5 in total. I don't think they have a use just yet. Definitely interesting though.
The emerald pieces have a use. All my profiles have completed it. Check online if you want to know the answer.

Back