• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✨Disney DreamLight Valley✨

Is the game worth the price?

• Yes

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

Mutti

The Local BusyBody
Bells
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
Golden Watering Can
Coco
Coco
Coco
Coco
Coco
Ive seen trailers and I’m soo interested in this new game, is it worth the price? Considering the dlc packs are double the standard game price

I'm playing for free on Game Pass for Xbox...so my opinion is biased. Is it a fun game for free? Absolutely. Would it be worth paying for? Probably to the right audience. It's essentially an Animal Crossing clone that falls short of having anywhere near the same charm as Animal Crossing...and the corporate heavy-handedness of the Disney brand comes across quite blatant (not a surprise...it just is what it is).

If it goes on sale, I'd recommend it. For full price...maybe not (unless you are a HUGE Disney fan, or if you have grown bored with Animal Crossing and are looking to scratch a similar itch with an AC adjacent experience). The game is a lot of grinding. Even the achievements make this obvious from the start. - I was expecting to be unlocking a bunch of smaller achievements right from the start...but I think there are only about 15 of them, all worth higher amounts, and they are for pretty lofty goals. So, again...it just is what it is. It's definitely meant to be a game that Disney can milk for a long time. Which is fine...but people should be aware of this when going into it.

If memory serves me correctly, there's only a price for it now because it is "Early Access." I believe within the next few months to next year, the game will be out publicly for free. If you're unsure about the price, I'd just wait.

I'm interested in it, but waiting for it on the Switch when it becomes free.

I bought the game on a whim yesterday and I’m addicted to it. It’s The Sims meets ACNH but with quests alongside decorating and foraging etc. The game does have a few minor bugs that I’m sure will be patched eventually.

All in all though it’s my new favourite game and one I can see myself playing for a good while to come. Plus it’s obvious the game will gradually expand over the next year or so to keep players interested.

Last edited:
If memory serves me correctly, there's only a price for it now because it is "Early Access." I believe within the next few months to next year, the game will be out publicly for free. If you're unsure about the price, I'd just wait.

Thank you for the heads up.

On the eshop there is standard, deluxe and ultimate versions out now. All vary a lot in price they all have different ‘bonus’ items for purchasing them
Post automatically merged:

I'm playing for free on Game Pass for Xbox...so my opinion is biased. Is it a fun game for free? Absolutely. Would it be worth paying for? Probably to the right audience. It's essentially an Animal Crossing clone that falls short of having anywhere near the same charm as Animal Crossing...and the corporate heavy-handedness of the Disney brand comes across quite blatant (not a surprise...it just is what it is).

If it goes on sale, I'd recommend it. For full price...maybe not (unless you are a HUGE Disney fan, or if you have grown bored with Animal Crossing and are looking to scratch a similar itch with an AC adjacent experience). The game is a lot of grinding. Even the achievements make this obvious from the start. - I was expecting to be unlocking a bunch of smaller achievements right from the start...but I think there are only about 15 of them, all worth higher amounts, and they are for pretty lofty goals. So, again...it just is what it is. It's definitely meant to be a game that Disney can milk for a long time. Which is fine...but people should be aware of this when going into it.
Thank you very much for this review!

I bought the game on a whim yesterday and I’m addicted to it. It’s The Sims meets ACNH but with quests alongside decorating and foraging etc. The game does have a few minor bugs that I’m sure will be patched eventually.

All in all though it’s my new favourite game and one I can see myself playing for a good while to come. Plus it’s obvious the game will gradually expand over the next year or so to keep players interested.
Brilliant thanks for your review!

i'm in a similar situation debating whether it'd be worth it or not!! it looks super cute but there are also sooo many cosy games releasing throughout this month that i'm interested in lol, so i'm debating between saving my money for those or not. i think personally what i've seen from gameplay the aggressive disney-ness of the game (if that makes sense, even though it's ofc a given aha) slightly takes away from the overall charm for me so i'm holding out a bit!! taking notes on all these reviews though

I know this game is very new but I'm looking for opinions on the founders packs and if they are worth it. The game itself looks fun so the basic one would be worth it I think. I have looked at the different ones and none of the exclusive items hold any interest for me. The only interest I have is the currency. From what I have read moonstones are only obtainable 3 ways(and the best way is the founders packs). The other ways are a star path(whatever that is) and random drops. Of course we have no way to know how difficult they will be to get and in what quantities. So I'm wondering what yall think of the more expensive founders packs cause it would be great to get all that currency but I don't if they items are worth it. Thoughts?

i'm in a similar situation debating whether it'd be worth it or not!! it looks super cute but there are also sooo many cosy games releasing throughout this month that i'm interested in lol, so i'm debating between saving my money for those or not. i think personally what i've seen from gameplay the aggressive disney-ness of the game (if that makes sense, even though it's ofc a given aha) slightly takes away from the overall charm for me so i'm holding out a bit!! taking notes on all these reviews though
What other cosy games are out this month

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but apparently online multiplayer will be coming to Dreamlight Valley next year. I don't know if it'll be like ANCH where you can just visit each other's valleys or you'll just be able to go on quests together. Either way though it's clear that this game is only getting started and wants to become a rival for other big life simulation games in the long run.

I know this game is very new but I'm looking for opinions on the founders packs and if they are worth it. The game itself looks fun so the basic one would be worth it I think. I have looked at the different ones and none of the exclusive items hold any interest for me. The only interest I have is the currency. From what I have read moonstones are only obtainable 3 ways(and the best way is the founders packs). The other ways are a star path(whatever that is) and random drops. Of course we have no way to know how difficult they will be to get and in what quantities. So I'm wondering what yall think of the more expensive founders packs cause it would be great to get all that currency but I don't if they items are worth it. Thoughts?

I have Dreamlight Valley and bought the basic pack as it was in my price range and because the game is new I was afraid of wasting my money if I ended up not liking it. Oh how wrong I was as I'm hooked and not having added content from the other packs doesn't bother me at the moment. Who knows though they might be released next year when the game is free from everyone. Obviously it's still brand new and the kinks are still being worked out but like I said in another thread it's very obvious that Dreamlight Valley is going to give you a lot of content in the long run. It's also clearly going try and rival the bigger life simulation games such as The Sims, ACNH and even Stardew Valley and personally I can't wait to see what comes next from this game.

I have Dreamlight Valley and bought the basic pack as it was in my price range and because the game is new I was afraid of wasting my money if I ended up not liking it. Oh how wrong I was as I'm hooked and not having added content from the other packs doesn't bother me at the moment. Who knows though they might be released next year when the game is free from everyone. Obviously it's still brand new and the kinks are still being worked out but like I said in another thread it's very obvious that Dreamlight Valley is going to give you a lot of content in the long run. It's also clearly going try and rival the bigger life simulation games such as The Sims, ACNH and even Stardew Valley and personally I can't wait to see what comes next from this game.
Thanks for the info. I did some more reading and I understand moonstones better. The moonstones are a currency that is only used for the star paths. There is one star path per season(the current one lasting until sometime in early oct). So basically the star path gives you tasks to do to be able to buy items only available from there. So there is a free version of the star path which gives you 3 tasks at a time and gives you access to only some of the items. There is also a premium version which is where the moonstones come in. You can get the premium version for 2500 moonstones which opens 6 tasks(or 4100 moonstones and you also get 100 of the star path currency) and this gives you access to all the items. This star path has a pixar theme and the currency is pixar balls(the yellow balls with stars on them that are in all the movies). Some of the star path rewards are moonstones but not a huge amount of them. The only ways to get moonstones are the founders packs, rewards from the star paths, random world drops and once the game officially releases you can buy them with real money.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I did some more reading and I understand moonstones better. The moonstones are a currency that is only used for the star paths. There is one star path per season(the current one lasting until sometime in early oct). So basically the star path gives you tasks to do to be able to buy items only available from there. So there is a free version of the star path which gives you 3 tasks at a time and gives you access to only some of the items. There is also a premium version which is where the moonstones come in. You can get the premium version for 2500 moonstones which opens 6 tasks(or 4100 moonstones and you also get 100 of the star path currency) and this gives you access to all the items. This star path has a pixar theme and the currency is pixar balls(the yellow balls with stars on them that are in all the movies). Some of the star path rewards are moonstones but not a huge amount of them. The only ways to get moonstones are the founders packs, rewards from the star paths, random world drops and once the game officially releases you can buy them with real money.
No problem and you're correct about the moonstone currency and how it works etc. Personally I'm not fond of the Pixar theme for this seasons star path but I have a feeling they'll be some that are worth buying with the moonstones in the future. It's also been revealed that multiplayer is coming to the game when it's released for free in 2023, although in what capacity the multiplayer function will be remains a mystery. It could be that players can just visit each others valleys like you do with islands on ACNH or you can go on quests together. Either way what Disney have in store for Dreamlight Valley is really exciting and I have a feeling it's going to become a very popular game over the next year or so.

No problem and you're correct about the moonstone currency and how it works etc. Personally I'm not fond of the Pixar theme for this seasons star path but I have a feeling they'll be some that are worth buying with the moonstones in the future. It's also been revealed that multiplayer is coming to the game when it's released for free in 2023, although in what capacity the multiplayer function will be remains a mystery. It could be that players can just visit each others valleys like you do with islands on ACNH or you can go on quests together. Either way what Disney have in store for Dreamlight Valley is really exciting and I have a feeling it's going to become a very popular game over the next year or so.
I'm not really into the pixar theme either. The only things I'm really interested in are the squirrel pet and the edna motif(i called it the edna modetif lol).

Last edited:
I have one question about the star path for those who have played. There are 5 pages of rewards in the star path. I read something that says you have to "unlock" at least 3 items from a page to access the next page. What does that mean? Do you have to buy 3 items? Earn enough pixar balls to be able to buy them?

Last edited:
I have one question about the star path for those who have played. There are 5 pages of rewards in the star path. I read something that says you have to "unlock" at least 3 items from a page to access the next page. What does that mean? Do you have to buy 3 items? Earn enough pixar balls to be able to buy them?

Yup...each sequential page makes you spend a certain number of the points on items from the previous page. It's pretty silly...but that's how it goes. I definitely ended up buying a bunch of stuff I had no interest in, just so I could get to the following page.

- Currently stuck on most of the quests. It feels like they made it WAY too hard to get some of the common items needed for crafting. Like...when I first encountered seaweed, I thought I would see it everywhere. Turns out, you need it to craft "fiber". Well...now I need it for this exact purpose...and there is absolutely none to be found. Seaweed should literally be all over the beach at ALL times. Not sure what is going on here. Lol.

Last edited:
I'm not really into the pixar theme either. The only things I'm really interested in are the squirrel pet and the edna motif(i called it the edna modetif lol).
There's an Edna motif?! Okay I might need that as Edna was the queen of The Incredibles as far as I'm concerned.

Saying that though I hope a future "fest" that Dreamlight releases will be Marvel related as I need a Scarlet Witch outfit for my character to wear whilst wandering around my valley. If that happens my life will be complete. 😂

Yup...each sequential page makes you spend a certain number of the points on items from the previous page. It's pretty silly...but that's how it goes. I definitely ended up buying a bunch of stuff I had no interest in, just so I could get to the following page.

- Currently stuck on most of the quests. It feels like they made it WAY too hard to get some of the common items needed for crafting. Like...when I first encountered seaweed, I thought I would see it everywhere. Turns out, you need it to craft "fiber". Well...now I need it for this exact purpose...and there is absolutely none to be found. Seaweed should literally be all over the beach at ALL times. Not sure what is going on here. Lol.
I've found that you can fish for seaweed without having to aim your rod at the ripples, you're guaranteed seaweed over fish and if you have Goofy hang out with you whilst doing it he'll give you an extra item of whatever you fish. I ended up fishing at least 10 seaweed last night which helped with a recipe I needed for another quest.

I've sunk 11 hours into the game and honestly, it's worth the price! I've been vibing to the game after work last week and some parts this week and it's just an overall nice time

Back