• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✨Disney DreamLight Valley✨

Is the game worth the price?

• Yes

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
Some sort of anniversary update is supposed to add Bell and Beast soon. Not sure when.

All they said was "later this month".

C4BWtZgDRb9xREV9.jpg

Their Twitter account reply to a post. It said Make sure your best friends with Donald so you can start investigating.

Loving the update so far. Beauty and the Beast stuff is incredibly meh...but the star path stuff has been fun to unlock. I only have a few more things that I really want. Already got the cemetery hill, Skellington suit, pirate treasure, etc. Also bought the haunted hotel...although I'm kinda regretting getting that over the Zero companion. At first, I didn't want the Zero companion, because I thought it was dumb that it was a regular fox with a zero hat on. But I somehow missed that you get the actual Zero dog house...and now I'm kicking myself. Still...I think the hotel is overall more useful for my layout. But I do hope I can get another chance to buy that dog house before it's gone.

Yesterday I pre-order the Cozy Edition that releases on October 27 at Gamestop Canada. It's a physical copy for the Xbox Series X and Playstation 4 and 5. The Nintendo Switch has a code that you redeem with no physical copy. The PC is not included.

The price is $49.99 US and 59.99 Canada. It comes with 14,500 Moonstones, 5 Exclusive Skins, Chester Cat Sweater and the Purple Cottage. It works if you already own the game.
I live in Canada and the price for 14,500 Moonstones cost 69.99 and the house is close to $17. That's more than the Cozy Edition. Already own the game but want the Moonstones and the house(which would be free) if Moonstones are used for future areas.

This answers questions about the Cozy Edition

Man...the photo contests really made a huge difference in the purchasables. I've actually been able to buy some things I want and save up more moonstones for future purchases. It doesn't feel 100% pay to win anymore. Hopefully it stays that way and doesn't get nerfed.

Anyone knows when its going to be free for the switch? I believe from when they first announced it to now it should already have gone out.

I got it in PC but i prefer to play it cozy on the sofa on my switch and want to synchronize my game play so far so it is not lost but i am still waiting for it to be free and transfer my game 😅

Anyone knows when its going to be free for the switch? I believe from when they first announced it to now it should already have gone out.

No one knows. They did tweet that it would be free at some point in 2023...but this year is finishing up pretty quickly. Only a few months left. - Overall, they've been terrible at communicating when the beta period would end and the official release would happen. I'm not too bothered, since I feel like I'll stay on XBox anyway...but it would be nice to play on Switch just when I'm laying in bed or whatever.

I got it in PC but i prefer to play it cozy on the sofa on my switch and want to synchronize my game play so far so it is not lost but i am still waiting for it to be free and transfer my game 😅
A physical copy of the game is set to be released at the end of October which seems to indicate that the game will become free to play for everyone from that point onwards. 😊

I tried the game recently on my Sister's copy... and had loads of fun. Very much considering getting the game whenever I upgrade console! It seems great and the 'Cozy' bundle has the raccoons based on the Inside Out characters which is my favourite film so I may get that!

this is a big yikes for switch players. paying the same price only to get shortchanged in experience because of hardware not keeping up, and now if you want the "real/best" experience by playing on pc or somewhere else, you have to buy the game again. if i'd known from the start it would never go free-to-play, i either wouldn't have bought it or waited and bought it for a pc. i guess there's the slim hope it might still be f2p eventually but like....

this is a big yikes for switch players. paying the same price only to get shortchanged in experience because of hardware not keeping up, and now if you want the "real/best" experience by playing on pc or somewhere else, you have to buy the game again. if i'd known from the start it would never go free-to-play, i either wouldn't have bought it or waited and bought it for a pc. i guess there's the slim hope it might still be f2p eventually but like....
For some reason I wasn't surprised by this news at all as it's likely Gameloft have been losing money since introducing DreamSnaps and giving away so much in game currency for free. However I can understand players feeling betrayed by the big promise that they didn't keep and now feeling cheated because they'll have to pay for DLC's. This is alongside Switch players feeling left out knowing the Switch can't handle this let alone any future free updates to the game. My biggest worry is that it'll leave Game Pass and I'll have to pay for the base game again and lose all my gameplay that I've accumulated over the last year. Fun times. 😂

For some reason I wasn't surprised by this news at all as it's likely Gameloft have been losing money since introducing DreamSnaps and giving away so much in game currency for free. However I can understand players feeling betrayed by the big promise that they didn't keep and now feeling cheated because they'll have to pay for DLC's. This is alongside Switch players feeling left out knowing the Switch can't handle this let alone any future free updates to the game. My biggest worry is that it'll leave Game Pass and I'll have to pay for the base game again and lose all my gameplay that I've accumulated over the last year. Fun times. 😂
i'm not really surprised either considering the micro-transactions thing, but i am disappointed. if they hadn't been marketing this game as free-to-play from the start, i maybe wouldn't mind so much, but they have, and to just walk back on that -- especially after the micro-transactions and paid-only quest bundles -- feels like a slap in the face, especially to people who were holding out for F2P for one reason or another. i haven't played the game, really, in months because it runs terribly on switch and i'm near the item limit so can't decorate anymore which is the only thing you can do, really, since it looks like at least some future characters and potentially the whole next storyline will be locked behind paid dlc.

i hate to be negative because i did genuinely enjoy this game for what it was during the first 6-12 months, but it's progressively felt more money hungry, and this is just the icing on the cake. the fact that it's now a paid game with paid DLC and micro-transactions and the equivalent of season passes is just... idk, it feels icky to me, at least, but again! nothing against people who still enjoy it or spend the money, my issues are squarely with whoever up the chain is making these (what i consider) greedy decisions lol.

I mean...I get it. But, it's also really scummy that they claimed it would happen in the first place. It's like...they realized how much money they could make off it, and how much money they would stand to lose if they did make it free...and they chose to keep it from being free.

As long as it stays on Game Pass, I don't care one way or the other...but, I'll be bothered if it gets pulled from Game Pass and I have to pay for it.

I mean...I get it. But, it's also really scummy that they claimed it would happen in the first place. It's like...they realized how much money they could make off it, and how much money they would stand to lose if they did make it free...and they chose to keep it from being free.

As long as it stays on Game Pass, I don't care one way or the other...but, I'll be bothered if it gets pulled from Game Pass and I have to pay for it.
Don't worry it's staying on Game Pass.

I have a feeling Gameloft have been planning to nix the free to play aspect of the game after the Premium Shop backfired due to players voicing their anger at the feature across social media. They knew they had to win over the players and it's why DreamSnaps was introduced, yet they also knew they have to keep making a profit so that Dreamlight Valley can continue to be updated. Hence the new paid base game aspect that comes with some decent perks (depending on which pack you buy) that will still include free updates and the option to pay for DLC's which was part of Gameloft's plan from day one.

Nearing the end of achievements for this game, finally. Managed to complete the one for dreamlight duties the other night. Down to a total of three remaining achievements now. Those three are the ones for picking thorns, having daily conversations, and fishing. I'm incredibly close on fishing (should be able to get that one the next time I play).

I thought I was close on daily convos, but I was looking at the wrong number. I'm close to having 500, which I thought was bad enough...but, I think the real number is 1.1k or 1.5k or something gross (I don't remember, and I'm not checking). - I'm dreading that one the most, because it's such a chore to remember to talk to the characters (it's pointless after you reach max friendship).

Completed the end achievements this month and feeding the critters were my last ones. Raccoons and crocodiles were a pain to feed. I wished they would change the Dreamlight Valley Tree to once a day instead of 24 hrs.

A week ago I started another valley using an extra player on the Nintendo Switch and noticed some changes. Unlocked 20 NPC, all the Biomes and 4 Realms and only had one small issue. After decorating around a NPC house for a Quest I noticed Scrooge standing close to the house. Saved the game and went to speak to him for another quest and there was no dialog. Closed the game and started it back up and lost no progress. I think the large candy trees were the issue. Happy I made it thru all those Realms with no issues.

New things I noticed were 3 fishing rods in the Meadow at the start of the game, an extra fish on the beach for a Quest, got 2 memory orbs in Moana house during a Quest (that one players had issues with) and it rained right away when Elsa Quest started. Caught the fish in the same spot my last profile found it. Happy the game is running better and hope it continues with the DLC.

For the DLC the funds are on the Eshop but I'm going to wait for info on major bugs/ glitches. While I wait I'll work on the star path and unlocking the new character.

Has anyone ever considered the Kingdom Hearts connection to this game? That is to say...there isn't any official connection, but there very easily could be. - Riku, Kairi and Sora all lived on an island before the events of Kingdom Hearts. One day, a big, dark storm came, the heartless attacked, and a doorway was opened that led to Disney worlds. Hollow Bastion and End of the World also feature floating land masses much like we see in Dreamlight Valley. It's all VERY similar.

Furthermore, if you look up who owns the rights to Sora, you get a very direct answer that Disney in fact owns him. I'm sure the same goes for Riku and Kairi. So, there is no joint-ownership between Square and Disney...Disney has full ownership of those non-Final Fantasy characters. With that said...I would buy a Kingdom Hearts DLC if it gave us Riku, Kairi and Sora as villagers...and maybe a heartless as a companion. I think that would be a lot of fun.

Of course, I would also gladly take a free Kingdom Hearts realm with its own quests.

Will feel like a major missed opportunity if they never do it.

Last edited:
Disney Dreamlight Valley has new information for the December 5th update.

New Bonus items have been added for a limited time during Dec. 5th to Dec 12th and you have to check your mailbox during those dates.
All players that open their mailbox during those dates will find a Dreamlight Gaming Chair and a Dreamlight Valley's Savior Jacket.

Player that purchase the A Rift in Time during those dates and check their mailbox will find a Jester Monkey and a Royal Costume.

That's not fair to players that asked for Disney Dreamlight Valley as a Gift for Christmas. Not sure why the devs are in a hurry.

Back