• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✨Disney DreamLight Valley✨

Is the game worth the price?

• Yes

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
Disney Dreamlight Valley has new information for the December 5th update.

New Bonus items have been added for a limited time during Dec. 5th to Dec 12th and you have to check your mailbox during those dates.
All players that open their mailbox during those dates will find a Dreamlight Gaming Chair and a Dreamlight Valley's Savior Jacket.

Player that purchase the A Rift in Time during those dates and check their mailbox will find a Jester Monkey and a Royal Costume.

That's not fair to players that asked for Disney Dreamlight Valley as a Gift for Christmas. Not sure why the devs are in a hurry.
These gifts are aimed at early access players as a thank you for their loyalty since the game "launched" last September. It's why early access players also get 2,500 moonstones and the new Gold Edition cosmetics for free. Personally I think it's fair that the devs have done this considering how many glitches and bugs have plagued DDLV as well as the fact the game will no longer be free to play. I'm sure new players will get their turn at freebies over the next year or so, especially if they participate in DreamSnaps. 😊

These gifts are aimed at early access players as a thank you for their loyalty since the game "launched" last September. It's why early access players also get 2,500 moonstones and the new Gold Edition cosmetics for free. Personally I think it's fair that the devs have done this considering how many glitches and bugs have plagued DDLV as well as the fact the game will no longer be free to play. I'm sure new players will get their turn at freebies over the next year or so, especially if they participate in DreamSnaps. 😊
It's not just early access player that will receive the Gold Edition bonus and 2,500 moonstones. Players that buy the game today and start it before Dec 5th will receive the those items. Those players weren't part of early access.

With only a week to buy the Expansion pass it doesn't seem fair to players that bought the game last September. Holidays are coming soon and I feel bad for those players that will miss out.

It's not just early access player that will receive the Gold Edition bonus and 2,500 moonstones. Players that buy the game today and start it before Dec 5th will receive the those items. Those players weren't part of early access.

With only a week to buy the Expansion pass it doesn't seem fair to players that bought the game last September. Holidays are coming soon and I feel bad for those players that will miss out.
But that's all they get in terms of exclusive cosmetic items and moonstones, whereas early access players got far more depending on what Founder's Pack they initially bought. I'm sorry but to say it's unfair when it's not is ridiculous considering we could've had nothing from GameLoft when they announced the game was no longer going to be free to play.

What we get today from Dreamlight Valley alongside free cosmetic items and moonstones, the free update and the option to buy "A Rift in Time" is more than enough to keep everyone happy depending on what they can afford right now. If the game had gone free to play, it's more than likely that a slew of paywalls would've been implemented in order for this game to survive and we all know what happened before DreamSnaps was introduced. I for one am glad it's staying as a paid game as that means it'll remain at a higher quality (gameplay wise), less paywalls and its longevity is more ensured.

At the end of the day early access players have been very lucky so far because without us, Dreamlight Valley could've gone under before it even got started.

So, I broke down and bought the Rift in Time content.

This was the first time I've spent any real money on the game. (I had actually been accumulating most of the content from the "store" by just grinding for moonstones). But...I figured, this new content is simply too much to skip out on. - I could have probably ignored the three new characters. (They aren't anything I was too excited for). BUT...all of the crafting materials, fruits and vegetables, and other resources would be far too annoying to have locked behind a content barrier. (I already ran into a problem before I bought the content where one of my villagers had three favorite gifts that were all related to the new content and I couldn't give them any of them). - I honestly think this is not something that is okay, and they should fix it so that people who don't own the content don't have gift requests that they can't complete.

Anyway...long story, short...I bought the content and I'm enjoying it a lot. Right from the start...monkeys! How am I going to stay mad when there are monkeys? Secondly...just having a new area to explore. Lots of fun. Lastly, the new Scramblecoin game is actually fun. And most importantly, this feels like a whole new game and not just some lazy DLC. So...I'm actually okay with it. - I don't like the idea of paying for content often...but I can certainly give this one a thumbs up and say that it's not bad at all for everything they give you. Especially in the modern landscape of a single character skin selling for $9.99 in some games. - It's a lot of content, I'm enjoying it...and I think it's worth the value.

So, I broke down and bought the Rift in Time content.

This was the first time I've spent any real money on the game. (I had actually been accumulating most of the content from the "store" by just grinding for moonstones). But...I figured, this new content is simply too much to skip out on. - I could have probably ignored the three new characters. (They aren't anything I was too excited for). BUT...all of the crafting materials, fruits and vegetables, and other resources would be far too annoying to have locked behind a content barrier. (I already ran into a problem before I bought the content where one of my villagers had three favorite gifts that were all related to the new content and I couldn't give them any of them). - I honestly think this is not something that is okay, and they should fix it so that people who don't own the content don't have gift requests that they can't complete.

Anyway...long story, short...I bought the content and I'm enjoying it a lot. Right from the start...monkeys! How am I going to stay mad when there are monkeys? Secondly...just having a new area to explore. Lots of fun. Lastly, the new Scramblecoin game is actually fun. And most importantly, this feels like a whole new game and not just some lazy DLC. So...I'm actually okay with it. - I don't like the idea of paying for content often...but I can certainly give this one a thumbs up and say that it's not bad at all for everything they give you. Especially in the modern landscape of a single character skin selling for $9.99 in some games. - It's a lot of content, I'm enjoying it...and I think it's worth the value.
The friendship gifts are currently glitched, along with a few other things that have accidentally blended "A Rift in Time" with the main game making it harder for those who haven't bought the DLC to continue unlocking the new free content. Other than that I'm blown away by the DLC and just how much there is to do, it's definitely giving me early DDLV vibes when we all had a long queue of quests and new content to unlock. Overall it was well worth the money and I can't wait to see what the next DLC will be in the near future.

it's definitely giving me early DDLV vibes when we all had a long queue of quests and new content to unlock

It's honestly a bit overwhelming. - I guess this is exactly how the game was in the beginning. You're right. But...man, there is stuff to be done absolutely everywhere I turn. It's hard not to play for hours at a time and waste my entire day doing so. Especially with the holiday star path happening at the same time. It's just content on top of content. I used to do a handful of daily tasks and wrap up my gameplay pretty quickly. It's so easy to get lost now...doing endless tasks. Not a bad thing at all. I just never expected this level of content from the DLC. When people say it's an entirely new game...they mean it.

It's honestly a bit overwhelming. - I guess this is exactly how the game was in the beginning. You're right. But...man, there is stuff to be done absolutely everywhere I turn. It's hard not to play for hours at a time and waste my entire day doing so. Especially with the holiday star path happening at the same time. It's just content on top of content. I used to do a handful of daily tasks and wrap up my gameplay pretty quickly. It's so easy to get lost now...doing endless tasks. Not a bad thing at all. I just never expected this level of content from the DLC. When people say it's an entirely new game...they mean it.
I'm currently in a love/hate relationship with the idea of starting over on Eternity Isle. As much as I love having new areas to explore, the thought of eventually decorating the new biomes fills me dread, especially since I still have to decorate the majority of my valley. It's definitely going to be a grind, and I do wonder if I'll commit or just leave it a hot mess for the foreseeable. 😂

I'm currently in a love/hate relationship with the idea of starting over on Eternity Isle. As much as I love having new areas to explore, the thought of eventually decorating the new biomes fills me dread, especially since I still have to decorate the majority of my valley. It's definitely going to be a grind, and I do wonder if I'll commit or just leave it a hot mess for the foreseeable. 😂
Hey I still have a fourth of my biomes unlocked. I still haven’t gotten the area where you find Simba or the rest of the ice lands. And I’m literally running out of areas to put the houses. I mean Mirabel is awkwardly in front of a pond and Goofy’s stall.
Post automatically merged:

Well I first started playing back in February when the game was on sale in the eShop. I think that I was able to get the Deluxe edition for around $25 which gave me the exclusive stuff and free Moonstones. I just haven’t played as much as I could be due to other games distracting me.

For the DLC I've been taking my time. Spent time growing all the new crops in the Valley, making more Large Chests and moving all the storage around. Happy the devs sent a letter with more new wood in the mail. At the time I was still at the start.

Read that players are having issues with Glitches and the game closing. Everything was running fine until last night in my game. On the way back to my house I stopped to mine at the Courtyard and when I went thru the passageway to my house the game closed with a Software Error. Started the game back up went thru the Courtyard, mined the rocks that didn't save and when I went thru the passageway the game closed at the same spot. The 3rd time thru the passage way I almost made it out but it error again. Stopped counting after 6 Software Error in the Passageway. It had another software error when I went into a opening near the store. Today I played in the Valley, cloud saved, closed the game and than started it back up before going to the Isle. I was able to go thru the Passageway once with no errors. Started using the wells to travel.

When I purchased the DLC I made sure to buy it on the profile that owns the Switch. Checked all the other profiles and those have access to the DLC. If you purchase the DLC on a 2nd profile other profiles will not have access to it. Posters on Reddit have had issues with the DLC not working for their extra profiles on different systems. Happy Nintendo lets us share DLC.

Timebending Table can be purchased at Scrooge Store for 1 coin. It's a craftable item that you unlock during a Quest and devs could remove it from the Store. Removing the table and placing it in my inventory made it easier to find. Picked ALL when ordering furniture and than used Filter to pick Other. Found it on the bottom and ordered 14 tables. Plan on adding an extra house in the Tangled World to make things easier.

Noticed that the Quests are missing some requirments. Three Quest got unlocked and items needed were in areas that were still locked. Two Quest needed 2 areas unlocked before I could complete them. Valley Quests didn't start until you unlocked areas.

Man...I finally wrapped up the level 10 quests for Jack Skellington, and I just want to take a moment to state how much I dislike the quests that force you to decorate your valley with specific items. Not one or two objects, mind you...but, a LOT. - First you need to place 5 orange, 5 black, 4 lighting, and 3 quirky items around your village, plus a unique item that you get just for the quest. (There could be some overlap if you plan out well enough...but it's still going to end up being a lot of decor). - After that part of the quest, you need to place 8 signs (one in each of the biomes). (That's as many as 26 items that the game demands you junk up your map with).

Granted, you can put them right away afterwards...but, why make us do these quests in the first place?

Easily my most dreaded type of questlines.

For a game that focuses so much on designing your map exactly as it appeals to you on a personal level...don't force people to do things that will need to be undone immediately afterwards. I don't get it.

I held off on buying this a year ago specifically because they said it would be free-to-play in 2023. Now that they've announced they're scrapping that plan I'm in the headspace of, "eh, hype is gone, I don't think I'll bother now." Had it been advertised as a paid game from the start I'd have bought it back in 2022.

Tried Multiplayer last night and it took awhile to load into My 2nd Switch Valley. Dropped off Easter Eggs and some items that another player needed. I wasn't able to visit the Scrooge Store and found out the Host had to okay it. It didn't crash the 1st time. Dropped by again and when I arrived I wasn't able to drop items. It said that I was still joining the game. It stayed that way for too long and my 2nd Switch wasn't able to cancel. Closed the game worked.

I hope they add mail later in the game like ACNH did. Visit once and than you can send mail. Getting the items out of your storage, save and than return to the screen so you can join a Valley takes too long.

I held off on buying this a year ago specifically because they said it would be free-to-play in 2023. Now that they've announced they're scrapping that plan I'm in the headspace of, "eh, hype is gone, I don't think I'll bother now." Had it been advertised as a paid game from the start I'd have bought it back in 2022.

I understand this perspective, but the game is honestly worth the price, even though they ended up essentially lying.

The best option remains to be Game Pass. If you don't have an Xbox, you can still get the PC version with Game Pass, I think. Might be a way to avoid feeling like you've actually bought the game if you just use Game Pass on PC and play it that way.

Devs have been posting Codes for in game items. This can be claimed in the game using the following codes.
SG2023GIFTS- Painted Table, Vine Flower Lamp, Snowy Festive Lamp and Telescope
SG2023- 500 Moonstones
SGCOZYCOCOA- Marble Fireplace, Marble Coffee Table, Ornate Couch and Hot Cocoa (5)
SGWRAPPINGPAPER- 5 Wrapping Paper
SGSNOWDAY - Naughty Snowman, Snow Kid, Snow Lady, Snow Hut and Snowy Brick Road with Border(20)

I've been wanting the Painted Table to place in the Wild Tangled. Extra Profile found one during his first week. Telescope it something players have been asking for after they didn't get to keep it from a Quest.

The next update come out in a few days. I'm looking forward to it~

The Laugh Floor Update Patch Notes
- A new Realm door opens! Clock into The Laugh Floor and experience a day in the life of this iconic Monsters, Inc. locale!

- Two new characters! It wouldn’t be The Laugh Floor without Mike Wazowski and Sulley! Undertake brand new Friendship Quests and earn monstrous new items as you welcome these two to the Valley.

- Check your in-game mailboxes for a surprise! As of The Laugh Floor Update, all players – whether they’ve been around since day one or join in the future – will receive two much-anticipated items: The Partners statue for your Valley and the ornate Dreamlight Armor outfit.

- Get ready to live monstrously with a whole range of new ways to customize your avatar, from new skin tones, to special contacts for your eyes, to new styles of ears to choose from.

- Plan your perfect cozy evening in with the Starlight House Bundle premium bundle which offers up a wide range of customization items, including a Dream Style for Belle, a House Style fit for her sensibilities, clothing items (pajamas!), and furniture (a starlight projector!).

- A new Star Path begins, offering up exciting new rewards that are equal parts sweet and monstrous – it’s the Lovely Monsters Star Path!

- We’ve expanded Scrooge McDuck’s Shop! We know many of you check nearly every day in hopes of seeing that elusive furniture piece that’ll tie your Collection together, so with this change, the shop will offer more options to choose from every day!

- That’s not all that’s changed at Scrooge’s Shop… Back by popular demand, doors are now available for purchase once more!

- We’ve heard your requests and are happy to share that the ability to change the name of your avatar can now be found in the game Settings.

- More optional items are coming to the Premium Shop for a limited time, as well as some returning favorites from past Star Paths!

- Express (and reward) yourself with a wide range of new, weekly DreamSnaps challenges.

Last edited:
I finally played on a day when the pieces for Flo's V8 were collectible, managed to grind and get the 10 I need to craft it...but I only have 22 of 25 shimmer, and can't get any more today. I cry. Lol

Enjoyed this update and my new favorite is Sculley. Level 10 dialog was fun.
Used moonstones for the Starlight House Bundle for an extra profile that needed an Extra house. Happy they skipped Quests and gave us the House, Belle skin, clothing and furniture for only 4,000 moonstones. A house only costs 3,000 to 3,500. Hope they do more bundles this way.

The starpath is easier if you own the DLC. Two places for Duties, fishing, mining and harvesting. Selling items is faster with the new update. Press the button on a stack of pumpkins and all the pumpkins in your inventory get highlighted.

Back