• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Did you ever end up liking the ugly/hated villager?

Did you ever end up liking the ugly/hated villager?

• Yeah, at first I hated that villager but I eventually warmed up to said villager.

• No. Never.

• I liked that villager from the start even though other people think_________.

• I only liked it a tiny bit and planned to move it out eventually but now I can't let it go.

Results are only viewable after voting.
katt gets so much flack but she is one of my faaaavorite uchis. if i didn't already have so many cats i would have definitely let her come to my island.

I never considered Katt as an "ugly" villager, however I know that not everyone enjoy her design. She randomly moved in and I had no intentions to keep her, but after a short time I warmed up to her to the point I almost yelled "No!" irl when she asked to move out(is that weird?). So, Katt became my permanent sisterly villager.

Sorry no. I forbid any villager that has a weird looking design or just a design that makes me feel uncomfortable on my island.

I canā€™t say I hated this one, but Pate is still in my GameCube town. Sheā€™s not very loved but she was always cool enough to me, so I never had a problem with her.

Queenie can continue to kick rocks.

When I got Quillson as my first smug in my campsite I hated him, but I warmed up to him pretty fast. Sometimes I find ugly(er) smug villagers to be more fun than the cute ones.

Haha I had the same thoughts about him as my first camper! It was hilarious to dress him up in funny outfits. The things he said as a smug personality were so much funnier because he didn't look the part.

Happened to me with... Raymond haha
He was my 1st campsite villager and I tried everything to NOT have to ask him to move in. I thought he looked weird and his colours were way less fun than what I usually like. But he quickly grew on me and he's one of my favorites now!

Claudia randomly moved in too and for some reason I disliked her very much from the beginning and couldn't wait for her to finally move out... She finally did and I had absolutely no regrets. I think she's the only one I didn't get a photo from before letting her move too... And I'm supposed to be an adult... Go figure...

Yeah I didn't like Beardo at first but I warmed up to him and he became one of my favorites

I used to think Gonzo was kinda meh back in the original game but I blame the graphics because in New Horizons (and even New Leaf) he's adorable.

He's not my favourite cranky but I wouldn't be opposed to having him live on my island.

Given that uchi and jock are my two least favorite personalities, I wasn't planning to like either of my starters, no matter who they were. I was just hoping for someone tolerable, until I could boot them for someone else.

Stepped out of the airport and found myself with Cherry and Snake. Snake I knew nothing about, but Cherry had come in, as a random customer, to the Roost when I was working. I wasn't particularly taken with her design. Well, they were only meant to be temporary, right? The rest of the island was what I wanted, so I could deal with it.

One year in, I love all my villagers, but these two are among my favorites. I really couldn't imagine either one of them ever leaving.

Haha I had the same thoughts about him as my first camper! It was hilarious to dress him up in funny outfits. The things he said as a smug personality were so much funnier because he didn't look the part.
He reminded me of all the prententious guys I meet at college, between the half-lidded eyes and the scarf he looks ready to quote me some Jean-Paul Sartre as a pick up line. It was even more funny when he sent me a letter with an art item attached, boasting about his superior taste in decor but it was a fake šŸ˜‚

Given that uchi and jock are my two least favorite personalities, I wasn't planning to like either of my starters, no matter who they were. I was just hoping for someone tolerable, until I could boot them for someone else.

Stepped out of the airport and found myself with Cherry and Snake. Snake I knew nothing about, but Cherry had come in, as a random customer, to the Roost when I was working. I wasn't particularly taken with her design. Well, they were only meant to be temporary, right? The rest of the island was what I wanted, so I could deal with it.

One year in, I love all my villagers, but these two are among my favorites. I really couldn't imagine either one of them ever leaving.
Cherry is so cute! She was one of my starters too and is still on my island.

This happened to me with Vladimir! My friends and I were laughing and talking about him and one day I found him on a mystery island and half took him as a joke thinking I'd replace him. Long story short, that was last September and I haven't been able to let him go since. I've really warmed up to him. Even now I'm considering replacing him but I just can't seem to make myself do it.

I donā€™t think of villagers as ā€œuglyā€ or ā€œundesirable,ā€ but I was definitely hesitant about Huck when he moved in as my forced camper. The weird mouth threw me a little. I ended up loving his dialogue and he still lives in my town.

This happened to me with Vladimir! My friends and I were laughing and talking about him and one day I found him on a mystery island and half took him as a joke thinking I'd replace him. Long story short, that was last September and I haven't been able to let him go since. I've really warmed up to him. Even now I'm considering replacing him but I just can't seem to make myself do it.
Lol, something like that happened to me also with Vladimir. Not that I hated him but I found a bit unsettling the deep voice of the pink cub. Anyway, he ended up living in my town and I was only waiting to get his photo when a friend visited me and said that Vladimir is a bit scary and "like, if Tom Nook needed someone to break legs, I feel it'd be Vlad coming to my door". That made me laugh so hard and after that, he grew on me šŸ¤£

Truffles was my enemy in city folk. I canā€™t really remember why but I hated her. Now that Iā€™ve seen pics of her in new horizons I actually think sheā€™s pretty cute. Iā€™ve even considered getting her. She gives me major bully vibes because of her face even though sheā€™s peppy. I can see her stuffing me into a locker at school because I work knock-off designer shoes.

Back