• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Development of Live Action Legend of Zelda Film Announced to Press

Belle T

head thoughts, no empty
Bells
Nintendo has announced to the press on their Japanese corporate site that development has begun on a live action film based on the Legend of Zelda series. It will be co-funded by Nintendo and Sony and co-produced by Shigeru Miyamoto and Arad Productions.

[Source]

I wonder how they will get around the fact that Link doesn’t speak at all? 🤔

I'm surprised that Nintendo has went ahead on developing a Legend of Zelda film at all. The franchise is very different compared to Mario in many ways, so we'll see how it goes. And live action? I'm not sure about that to be honest...

Not really being a big fan of the games, preferring to watch people play them rather than play them myself, I don't have any strong feelings about this one way or another. That's pretty much how I felt about the Super Mario Bros. movie that came out this year which I still haven't gotten around to watching yet.

I hope the project turns out well and they create something that fans of the franchise will enjoy.

I'm surprised that Nintendo has went ahead on developing a Legend of Zelda film at all. The franchise is very different compared to Mario in many ways, so we'll see how it goes. And live action? I'm not sure about that to be honest...
I have to agree, not everything needs to be made into live action. Just…let it be. 😪

I wonder how they will get around the fact that Link doesn’t speak at all? 🤔
In addition to the cartoon already linked above, Link talks in the manga adaptations, so I don't think it will be a difficult roadblock to overcome.

Not really being a big fan of the games, preferring to watch people play them rather than play them myself, I don't have any strong feelings about this one way or another. That's pretty much how I felt about the Super Mario Bros. movie that came out this year which I still haven't gotten around to watching yet.

I hope the project turns out well and they create something that fans of the franchise will enjoy.
Agreed; not a fan of the live action direction at all. Though I admit, I didn't care for the Mario Bros. movie, either. So I expect to be the Negative Nancy for however long this movie is in development.

Screenshot_20231107-222137_Gallery.jpg

I... honestly didn't believe this was real but I'm kinda hype I think? I also don't prefer the choice of live action but with Shigeru Miyamoto on the project I think it will be decent at worst so🤷‍♀️

Now that an actual live action film is in the works, now would be a good time remind everyone of this little gem.

And also for people like me to sigh when they realize that there might people on this forum that weren't even born yet when this video first dropped.

It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Nintendo has been moving into the entertainment path for quite a while at a snails pace. People have compared them to Disney many times for a number of reasons.
I think I would rather see Zelda in Japanese anime style but I am surprised they are going with live action over 3d models with illumination. But I guess Zelda is a more serious game than the mushroom kingdom.
I wouldnt be surprised to see more Nintendo movies and theme park openings in the future.

With the success of the Mario movie, I knew Zelda would be their next series to turn into a movie. I would personally prefer an animated Zelda movie as I'm not a fan of live action versions of cartoons but who knows. Maybe the live action one will look really good. For now though, not interested in it lol.

hopefully the initial designs aren't like what happened with Sonic. I still remember the social media backlash when the movie was first announced and Sonic got shown off.

Back