• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are there any games you are really looking forward to?

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
Well, are there any? :)
Perhaps others don't know about them yet and would love them too!
Or maybe they do and want to squeak their excitement with you :lemon:

I decided to make this thread, because like yesterday, I saw a post today of another indie game I am excited to see come.
The games I am looking forward to most are:
(on Steam, and most coming to Nintendo Switch)
Antonblast which is like a warioland game! Finally something in that groove! The kickstarter stated they are launching on Steam and NintendoSwitch first. This game is probably the one I am most excited for.
SpiritTea I know about a while ago from a kickstarter they did. I believe it is made by one or two people, so I knew it would take a while, but they finally have a steam page up so I wishlisted it today. It is a game in the StardewValley and Animal Crossing groove. I believe the kickstarter mentioned coming to NintendoSwitch, so something to keep an eye out for if you aren't a Steamer.
Elementallis is a game similar to older Zelda games. I played the demo of this game at one point and had fun with it. Their Kickstarter did say they are planning to come to Nintendo Switch, and I think they are planning on physical copies of the game too.
Kindred Fates is still a long way off, but it is in my list of games I am really looking forward too. And I have someone to play the game with too. It is a Pokemon like game. Their Kickstarter I think mentioned Switch but I am not so sure it actually will make it there. The game has been taking a long time in development and I am thinking by the time they actually get it out, the Switch will be the past.
PalWorld is another Pokemon like game I am really looking forward too. It appears to be similar to Craftopia as well. And I have a couple of people to play this game with too. I have no idea if they are coming to Switch.
Ooblets, this game... I have been waiting forever to hear news on because it has a contract with Epic right now. However it recently announced that it is coming to Switch this year since they have finally completed developing the game. I think it will still be a while before it is seen on Steam despite having a Steam page. It is a game that is like Pokemon, StardewValley, and I suppose you could even say Animal Crossing. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to play this game with and I am not sure of what multiplayer would consist of if there is any.
Though TresBashers is already out and available for purchase on Steam, I haven't picked it up yet but I am really looking forward to playing it. It has a retro feel and is a bashing metrovania "horror" game. It has monsters but nothing gory or anything. It isn't on Switch and I haven't heard of any plans going there.

At the moment I’m focused on my never ending backlog and collecting retro games. I still have a few games I’m looking forward to though.

- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. The Switch Pokemon games have been a mixed bag, but I’m optimistic about this game. Pokémon sounds perfect for an open world game and it’s something different. The graphics are a noticeable improvement as well.

- Slime Rancher 2. I didn’t actually know about this game until I saw the thread on here. Ever since then I’ve been eagerly awaiting release. The first game was such a comfort during my lower moments. It was something I could reliably turn on and relax to. The sequel looks like an expansion on everything that made the first game great. I just hope my laptop can run it with the improved visuals.

- Dragon Quest 12. This is the number one game I’m looking forward to. DQ 11 is tied as the best JRPG I’ve ever played. The world is massive, the characters are lovable, the story is engaging, and they modernized the turn based combat in the best way. That’s not mentioning the stunning visuals throughout. DQ 12, from the limited information out currently, sounds like it’ll go for a darker tone. With how well DQ 11 handled having a dark tone during the second act, I think this will work well in the sequel too.

Really looking forward to Bear and Breakfast on steam! it's supposed to come out sometime this year :~) I played the demo and loved it. Ooblets also looks very cute and fun, I'll be getting that as well!

Mario Strikers! I used to play the one on gamecube a lot with my cousins when we were younger, had such a blast! Also BOTW2 but that will be a while, lol.

Patiently waiting for Baldur's Gate 3!

By Larian Studios. It's still in early access. I've already played 100+ hours of the early access version and I'm stoked. Maybe next year we'll get the full version. I guess I'm basically a Larian Studios fangirl. Their last game was Divinity: Original Sin 2 and I spent over 2,000 hours on it. I still open it up now and then, make a new party of adventurers and play for a while. Best RPG I've ever played. ♥️

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: Really excited for the new gen, I love the new starters, especially the cat starter Pokemon, and it looks like it's gonna be a good game, the new region looks cool

Hogwarts Legacy: This is an open world Harry Potter RPG Harry set in the past. I am soooooo excited about this, I feel like I've been waiting forever for this game to come out, I hope it's amazing! I love the HP world and being able to play and immerse myself in an open world game based on it just seems like heaven to me. I'm probably gonna get it on Xbox One, and maybe eventually on Nintendo Switch. I'm thinking of pre-ordering it.

In the immediate future:
Mario Strikers: Battle League: I've wanted a new Mario Strikers game for a very long time, and I'm so glad we're only 3 weeks away from one now. I'm still unsure about it as a whole right now, but I'm really glad the gameplay resembles Super Mario Strikers more than Mario Strikers Charged.

In the foreseeable future:
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2: I loved Breath of the Wild, I've been looking forward to this for awhile since it was first announced. Hopefully the latest delay will be the last one, lol.

In the distant future:
Metroid Prime 4: Who really knows when we'll hear any info about Prime 4, but man, with how good the Prime Trilogy is and how good Metroid Dread was, it's hard not to be excited for it and wanting info for it sooner rather than later.

only two, primarily. pokemon scarlet and violet, since i always pick up the newest pokemon game, and fall guys, since it's finally releasing on the switch after two years.

also a tentative on hogwarts legacy? really depends because the last thing i want to do is support the queen of clowns, jk rowling, but it's also the kind of hp game i've been waiting for since my childhood and they've presumably already paid her for the rights regardless so. idk. we'll see. it might just be my sin for 2022.

Oddly enough, Trainz 2022, Been a fan of the games for awhile, mostly derailing trains, really hope they bring back derail physics so you can have fun crashing trains...hasn't been in it since 2012, i've always picked up the newest game.

Ooblets runs poorly on my laptop, so I'm looking forward to getting it on the Switch!

I'm not really too familiar with game releases, but like new Pokémon and Zelda always sounds good to me. I just love seeing indie games getting physical releases on the Switch though.

Splatoon 3!

I'd say new Pokémon main games but I want to see and learn more before I do buy. I mean I will probably get them because Pokémon, but yeah lol.

i've been really bad at following new game releases the past year, but i'm definitely looking forward to josh sawyer's pentiment.
i'm also really hoping owlcat games' warhammer 40k crpg game turns out great!

Sorta, kinda.

I'm glad that Persona 5 Royal is coming to Steam (and Windows, and Xbox, basically just escaping PlayStation exclusivity) since it saves me the need to buy a PlayStation 5. Have to hope the port is good though. ATLUS ports can be kind of eh sometimes. If it's a good port then I'll be glad to finally be able to play it.

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes releases on Friday next week and I'm looking forward to it a bit because I enjoy the cast of Fire Emblem: Three Houses and this game seems good from what I've seen, but I'm not a huge fan of Warriors style games. I can enjoy playing them but it's not a style I would go for generally.

Advance Wars 1+2: Reboot Camp was originally going to release earlier this year, but its release has been delayed until further notice due to some of the game's plot bearing similarities to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. I'm looking forward to the game whenever it's out, but who knows when that will be, so I'm not really hyped or anything.

I'm interested in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet releasing in November. I didn't really care for Sword & Shield, but I enjoyed Legends: Arceus, so I'm a bit cautious about it. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy this installment more.

Maybe Soul Hackers 2. Not really a fan of the art style and whatnot, but it is a Shin Megami Tensei-style game at its core with the demons and demon fusion present in some regards, so hopefully I'll enjoy it.

Sonic Origins is one I have my eye on currently because I grew up on the Genesis as my first system I ever owned and playing the 2D Sonic games will forever hold a special place in my heart with them! I haven't decided what system to buy it own, maybe on the Xbox.

Splatoon 3 looks to be another good game, I remember playing 2 a lot so I'm excited for what the new game will bring

Of course, there's the new Cuphead DLC coming out soon too!

Dragons Dogma 2. I bought the original on release and it has remained one of my favorite games ever since, one of the few I go back to regularly whilst finding something new about it along the way. Kind of didn't expect it to ever get a sequel after nigh 10 years since the original release but with it being announced a few days ago, I'm in full hype mode.

Ark 2. Me and my partner play Ark all the time. I've always known it existed but stayed well away as it was first released to the public during the time Steam was absolutely full of low effort crappy "greenlight first person survival games", which didn't exactly intrigue me when I rolled my eyes and thought "oh, another...". She introduced me to it and it has become our default game to waste time on together. There's a lot wrong with it though and I'm hoping Ark 2 is the game I hoped Ark 1 was going to be. It is after all to my knowledge the first of these "Greenlight first person survival" games to last and be popular enough to get a higher budget sequel.

Diablo 4. Always liked Diablo. Introduced my partner to this and we spent a hell of a lot of time with Diablo 3, so of course we both can't wait for the sequel. I'm somewhat reserved about it as well though as Blizzard isn't exactly blowing anybody away with their games recently...

Dragon Quest Treasures - It was confirmed for the Switch today (my main concern was that it was going to be mobile/gacha-based ;; ), and I'm really hyped for it now!! XI is my favorite Dragon Quest game, so I'm really excited for this one, since it's starring Erik and Mia as kids. I'm not sure how canon-relevant it's going to wind up being, but if it doesn't mesh well with their backstory from XI, I can overlook that for something fun and cute. I'm surprised it's coming out so soon too (December 9th)!

Slime Rancher 2 - Going to have to wait to play this one until it's on a platform I own/will own ahaha, but I'm still really hyped for it! I loved the original Slime Rancher, and the sequel looks absolutely beautiful. I'm also really looking forward to some of the discussed quality of life improvements from the original—I spent a lot of time having to manage my ranch and could only explore in short bursts, but this one is apparently supposed to make adventuring a lot less bothersome for your ranch.

Jack Jeanne - I'm not usually into contemporary/realistic settings, but after looking into this one some more, I'm actually super excited for it! I've heard great things about the story and characters, and it sounds like it's on the lighter side too, which I strongly prefer in otome. I don't normally like stat-raisers and I've never played any rhythm games, but I'm definitely willing to give both of those a go for this one. It's easily my most anticipated upcoming otome right now.

Back